Lastman's Bad Boy Furniture / Customer Service

1 1138 Victoria Street NorthKitchener, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 519-576-4141

I purchased a bedroom and mattress set from Bad Boy and they delivered it about a week later. When they tried to take the box spring upstairs, it didn't fit so the delivery guy suggested that I call back the store and request a split mattress. They took back the box spring to the store. Up until this point I was somewhat pleased as they had told me that the bureau would be delivered at a later date but they actually found one and surprised me with having all eight pieces.
I called the KW store and after talking to a few people they said that I needed to get approval from their customer service area before they could send me another box spring. So, I called their customer service number and left a message. After a few hours I called back and asked for customer service again and got the machine again. I called back the KW store and they told me that the customer service for KW is one person and that I would have to wait a few days before she could call me back. They need me to tell her that I need a new box spring so that she can call the KW store and tell them that a customer needs a new box spring. They seem to recognize the one person customer service is a bottle neck, but instead of hiring someone to help her or giving the store more autonomy (and the store was definitely not busy since they are able to pick up my phone calls after one ring and the eight or nine sales people sitting around and chatting to each other also makes that clear) and letting them service the customers they've decided that it's acceptable to keep customers waiting for no reason.

Also, I specifically asked the Peter, the sales person, whether I would have to put together the furniture myself. He assured me that "this wasn't IKEA", and all I would have to do is put on the handles and screw the posts into the bed. Apparently he forgot about putting together the bed frame, having to drill holes in the back of the bureau, lifting and attaching the mirror and putting the furniture on it's side in order to put on the feet. At least IKEA already has the holes pre-drilled!!! What was the point of lying to my face? All it meant was that I would have prepared for the additional work by getting help that day. Liars!!!

Comments

• Sh
      8th of Jan, 2012

i am undergoing similar trouble now too!

i paid in full for furniture in the Kennedy Badboy Store and was promised delivery today but what I received was only a short last minute notice---no stock! Well, what's next estimated delivery date then? sorry, they will call me back, that's it! And they didn't bother to say sorry, instead, they told me that their sales manager could NOT talk to me on the phone! If I would talk to the manager, I have to go to the tore in person!

Refund? No way, even when they lied to hold your money and knew clearly that the delivery date they promised was impossible! How should I know this? Here is how: How can it be possible that an amount of $5, 000 worth of six different sets is all unvailable unless you didn't stock them at all?

• Jj
      17th of Jun, 2012

I recieved the WORST customer service from Bad Boy - especially at the Dundas St. location. They sold me an item they DID NOT have in stock and I had to drive to the warehouse and waste 2hrs to "pick it up" to only find out its not available and will NEVER be available. I had to drive back to the location where the manager tina did not acknowledge the trouble the company had put me through - not only did I waste my time but had to waste my gas to travel back and forth. She did not compensate my troubles at all and refused to acknowledge the failure on the companys part. I requested a refund and she gave me SO much trouble. I am currently int he process of dipsuting with their headofffice (which I had to do before and took me a long time to get anything done). END of the day i will NEVER look to shop here again - worst exeperience of my life.