LA Fitness / health conditions

1 35009 Enchanted Pkwy SFederal Way, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 253-838-5900

I am a member of LA Fitness located at 35009 Enchanted Parkway South, Federal Way 98003 - telephone number: [protected]. This business closed their pool on 5/1/08 due to unsafe water levels. They reopened the pool on 5/5/08, even though the pool water problem still existed. They allowed lap swimming and over 25 people were in the water for the water aerobics class. The manager was aware of the water's condition prior to opening the pool on 5/5/08. I spoke with Lindsey Argo at the LA Corporation Office. I told her of the health issues surrounding the people who were exposed to their pool. She offered to refund the days the pool was closed under the condition that she froze my account to only pool access. This is unacceptable. One person having a medical reaction to their pool could result in a huge lawsuit. The unclean water of LA Fitness' pool exposed all swimmers to disease. I called LA Fitness the morning of 5/5/08 and was told by their representative that the pool’s water problem had been solved and that the pool was safe to use. It was not and LA Fitness knowingly allowed its members to swim in an unhealthy pool. Additionally, I have a contract with LA Fitness where they take my money and I am suppose to have access to their pool. This is a contract violation.

Ch

Comments

12th of Jun, 2008

For many years, I used to swim an hour a day. Thanks to LA Fitness not anymore. Their pool was either too cold or too dirty or too brownish, the manager never checked it. When I complained, they always said that nobody else complains and that they will call the "poolguy". One time, their "poolguy" asked me to leave the water because it was unsave. Eventually they did wear me out. I no longer like to swim.