Kylin TV / crude stop service

1 1600 Old Country Road, Plainview, New York 11803NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-888-8598

We subscribed Kylin TV for a year, due to its receive box did not work, it replaced another one. Not body of kylin told need return the faulted one. Six month after kylin tv stopped the services on Feb. 11, right before Chinese New Year and 2010 winter Olympics, without any notice. Called and discussed with kylin tv staff, we were told need pay $198 for the box cost, or return it to kylin tv.
Kylin tv becomes a TYRANT as it has more customers now, vs to its beginning the business, begged us join and referral new customers for its service.
This company is the worst one we dealt with in the world. Its service people are awful. Don’t be cheated by its sales people. If you are lucky, chose anyone else, never kylin tv.

Comments

• Ky
      28th of Jun, 2011

Dear Little Lamb,

This is Joycey Guo, Customer Care Specialist of KylinTV. I am very sorry to hear about your story, and I apologize for any confusing and inconvenience caused by this issue.

I think there might have been some miscommunication or misunderstanding. Normally, we do free replacement for any unworkable STB, and also provide the free return label for Customer to return the old(unworkable) Equipments. In additional, we send notification by email or mail to Customer who didn't return the Equipment on time at least twice before we charge Customer STB deposit.

Although your case is from 1 year ago, I still would like to take care of your case and ensure your full satisfaction and give you the best we can. My direct phone number is 516-622-8448 (Or 1.877.888.9598 extension 8448), my working hour is Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST. Or please kindly let me know your contact information so that I can email or talk to you and look into the details of your case.

As KyLinTV customer base is growing drastically during the past years globally, we are working hard to expand our capacity to handle every single case like your case. We are sincerely trying our best to give our customers highest satisfaction. We want to let you and other customers like you feel that we are responsible and responsive to any customers issue, and we do care about you.

Joycey Guo
    Customer Care Specialist
    KyLinTV Inc. 1600 Old Country Rd., Plainview, NY 11803 USA
    joycey.guo@kylintv.com
    516-622-8448( Toll-Free: 1.877.888.9598 extension 8448)

• Co
      4th of Sep, 2011

KylinTV is a joke. False advertising and charge you extra when right when you cancel their service. It's just sad for an Asian like me to see such a black-hearted Asian business. And KylinTv, dont use the word "FREE" when you'll charge your customer $198 for you "FREE" box. Stop your false advertisement. I'm sure that you'll eventually run into a lawsuit that you deserve.

Former KylinTV viewer

13th of Mar, 2012

Dear Customer

We provide free STB to all subscribers who elect to lease the Equipment (set-top box ). For Customer who subscribe the service after Mar.2009 will need to pay a $50.00 USD refundable one-time deposit for each Equipment you lease as "Equipment Deposit".

Customer must return all Leased Equipments directly to KyLinTV's designated return address within ten (10) business days upon termination or cancellation of the Services or upon receiving KyLinTV's notice of revoking the grant of Additional Equipment(s). A charge for the difference between then market price of the Equipment (was $198.00 USD) and the Equipment Deposit you paid will be applied if you do not return the Equipments on time.

If there is still any questions, please feel free to contact me at 1877-888-8598 ext 8448 between 9am-5pm Est Monday thru Friday, I will be able to assist you.

Joycey
    KylinTV Customer Care Specialist
    KyLinTV Inc. 1600 Old Country Rd., Plainview, NY 11803 USA
    joycey.guo@kylintv.com
    516-622-8448( Toll-Free: 1.877.888.9598 extension 8448)

• We
      3rd of Apr, 2012

I had one year package with Kylin TV and continued with another yearly package for my parents, however, they still charged to my account even I clearly told one of their representative -- please stop my pogram after my yearly package is done...now they are sending me the bill for the service that I did not request at all...
    any kylinTV customers, please switch to Charming China, they only charge $5.99/month with 50+ channels and 10+ HD channels, hundreds of new film -- all free!!! i was paying Kylin TV for $360/year with this terrible customer service.
    In order to stay away from the harrassment from kylin TV, I agree to pay the money they asked, luckily, my credit card was changed, they stopped their service, so the bill would not be scary! the representative talks like a answering machine, "this is my company policy"...Kylin TV will go bankruptcy for sure, just the matter of time!
    again, stay away from the terrible company!

• En
      3rd of Apr, 2012

it is a good job the OP was unable to watch the chinese new year celebrations on telly... the controllers had to turn down the brightness as most of the viewers were squinting...

• We
      11th of May, 2012

Kylin TV Customer service contacted me and removed the financial charge, I have already sent back the box to them.
    I am not sure if I can remove my comments, but anyway, to be fair, there is followup from their CS.

28th of Aug, 2012

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for contacting me and giving me the opportunity to have your case resolved by April 26th. Again I really appreciate your time and you have already understood this misunderstanding is coming from your miscommunication to us.

Now as everyone understood and can check official statement from www.gw-tv.cn . KyLinTV is the ONLY IPTV company that was authorized to broadcast TV channels from Great Wall Package in North America. And KyLinTV is the ONLY company that delivers real HD quality Chinese TV stations outside of China. All other company claiming copy rights or HD are misleading and cheating customers.

As your case has been solved already in April 26th. I hope you have a wonderful day! Should you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Joycey

KylinTV Customer Service Specialist
    1877-888-8598 ext 8448
    9am-5pm EST, Monday-Friday.

• Da
      23rd of Jun, 2014

Agree, Kylin is the worst company I experienced

Their ads are complete lies.
    They cut off phone service without any notification.
    Asked additional fee for the service customers didn't order and/or use.
    They don't call back as they promised.

Kylin sucks! Don't ever use their service.

• Wl
      23rd of Sep, 2014

Totally agree! Tylin TV is the worst company -- poor service, worst customer service, charged to my credit card without permission. So disappointed!!