Kindercare / Terrible Place to send your child

1 Peoria, AZ, United States Review updated:

MY child attended this center in the one year old room and was sent home on a weekly basis with numerous incident reports of him being injured(sometimes no report, just cuts and bruises). I met with district directors and center directors and no change was made. The teachers here lack responsibilty and have rather chit chat with eachother than watch your children. The ceneter director has no authority and the assistant director acts as though she has no clue what goes on at her center. Bottom line if you care about your child's safety DO NOT SEND THEM TO KINDERCARE!!!

Ih

Comments

Pa
  29th of Mar, 2009

Yes, mam'm, I agree. Although I truly love the women in my center I do feel as you do...the director has no authority. She must go to the district manager FOR EVERYTHING!
Our district manager is over 11 centers. It is unfortunate that she is the one the company allowed to fire ME as she is only here once or twice a week. SHE doesn't know me. She heard me say DAMN once..I apologized. No problem. Yet that was noted on my termination report.
What has happened to companies that support their employees?
Most sincerely, Pam

Az
  25th of Jul, 2009

www.MyChildCareGuide.com is a national search and review website on licensed daycare and preschool providers in the United States. Be a resource for other parents and leave a review today!

Be
  13th of Aug, 2009

Knowledge Learning Corporation and Children's World were great compamies to work for, but after the merger with Kindercare money became the only inportant thing. The people the Center Director mostly cares deeply for the children in her care, but the company makes demands of her that are unrealistic. She is saddled with a payroll number to meet that would require her to be out of ratio. The Center Director fears the day someone is out because of overworking her employees or being out of ratio, but on the other hand she is overjoyed that she might meet her payroll for the week.

The enhancement programs are not her your children, they are a way to increase the Kindercare bottomline. The compnay pushes the Center Directors to enrolll children in the extra programs that will cost you $100 or more each month and cost the company about a fourth of that. What are they doing with the children all day? Don't you pay enough to expect that the teacher will be doing some type of instruction with your child???????

Lo
  7th of Feb, 2010

I agree. I used to work as a pre-k teacher at a Kindercare. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Education and was paid very little, but A LOT was expected of me. Kindercare is all about the money. It is THE hardest job in the world and I don't think people realize that. The demands on the director and the teachers are unreasonable... I was alone with 10 children every day and got out ONCE to go to the bathroom and that is it. I was always over ratio and was expected to do all of my lesson plans and enhancements at home. I made $10/hr.. I paid $60, 000 for my education.