Joy Mangano / Bad service

1 80Rodeo Drive, Edgewater, NJ, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Joy Mangano My Little Steamer/Huggable Hanger combination in February 2008. It did not work properly so HNS.com referred me to Ingenious Designs for a replacement because it was passed the 30 day return period for HSN. Getting the Ingenious Desings customer service department on the phone was a hassle, but when I finally got through they promised me a shipping label and an exhange for a new steamer that would arrive in two weeks after receiving the defective one. The label came a few weeks later and the steamer was sent back on June 24.I called back on July 9 to ask where my steamer was and they said they would send it out right away. By July 25 still no steamer so I called again. They said they had no steamers in stock and it would be a long time until they had them so they offered a refund. When I told them the steamer was part of a combo purchase with hangers they said they couldn't refund my money but they had suddenly located a steamer and would send it right away. By August 21, still no steamer and I called again to be told that the previous two steamers were mistakenly sent to Colorado and they had no more steamers in stock and again it would be a while before they had any. They again offered a refund but when realized it was part of a combo purchase they couldn't refund my money. So again, they amazingly found another steamer and said it would be sent right out. Lo and behold in two weeks a new steamer arrived. I used it a total of 5 times and you guess it, it doesn't work properly. It keeps shutting itself off during use like the first one, sometimes shutting itself off during the heating up period! So, I called back today September 22 but had to hold so long I gave up and will try calling again tomorrow. Rest assured I will NEVER order anything that Ingenious Designs has anything to do with. I'm still hoping for a working steamer but I just might have to chalk up this experience and be grateful it wasn't a more expensive purchase. I will update as the saga continues.

Va

Comments

• Re
      23rd of Jun, 2011

In April I bought Joy Mangano's scented spheres which should last 2 years. There was a small box in the shipment labeled "couture powder, " but there was nothing in it. HSN explained that it was the powder to refresh the spheres, but the manufacturer rep said the spheres were supposed to last as they were shipped. Now there is no scent, so I feel scammed for such a short period of product effectiveness. Can anyone help?

• Re
      23rd of Jun, 2011

I like Joy's products, but hesitate to buy anymore. Why was the empty box included if only to raise my S+H cxpense? I still have the box, so this is not my imagination.

• Zi
      2nd of Jul, 2013

I would never recommend Joy Mangano's My little Steamer 90 Watt. I suffered second and third degree burns all over the right side of my body & trauma as well. The steamer exploded, the top flew off in a matter of seconds and the bottom part flew at me with all of the hot scorching water that fell all over the right side of my body. This is a very dangerous product which should not be on the market, there is no setting and to my surprise I didn't know it would cause such damage to me physically! I now have permanent scars and medical bills I don't need, aside from the trauma and suffering/pain. Please I am warning everyone do not buy this product, it's a hazard to every household!

• 3b
      10th of Sep, 2013

My daughter was badly burned as Joy Mangano's My Little Steamer became a boiling watering gun and projected water aggressively out of the steamer. She was no where near the steamer, it really became a water gun suddenly...so scary and traumatizing!!! Still to this day anytime she sees hot water she panics:( There are so many burned complaints on this steamer. The company continues to deny the steamer is the cause and at first told me to contact Target to return the steamer and file with their safety team. This was the beginning of me realizing they will refuse to own the fact their steamer caused my daughter's burns. PLEASE RESEARCH THIS STEAMER...I have tons of complaints on this being a very dangerous product!!!

• Sl
      17th of Mar, 2014

i have bought numerous little steamers and huggable hangers. Everything i was pleased with except one set of huggable handers in a lite yellow..every single one of 40+ hangers the metal hook on top has snapped off. i have hundreds of huggable hangers and no problem. is there a reason for this defect. I purchase thru HSN

• Ds
      13th of Apr, 2014

II bought a set of corell dishes from j.mangano/hsn. I am trying to get 2 small plates and 2 ceral bowls that were missing from the second set I Bought. I have sent emails & spoke with several reps of HSN and no advail. They told me to contact the corell co.. Why should I have to go thru this. IT is clearly a problem that they created, they should fix.!
    I have so many previous purchases & Thisi one has been hard to deal with!

• Ro
      17th of Jul, 2014

Everything sold by Joy Mangano is Junk!!! I've purchased the steamer, junk. It just stopped working. Those huggable hangers, Junk; the blue felt covering kept leaving stains on my clothes. It seems Joy Mangano, IDL or HSN the company she sells for? The quality is going down. I first purchased a CIA luggage set from them back in 05 and I still use it. Joy's credibility is garbage. She should look for a new job...

• Rj
      2nd of Aug, 2014

Joy Mangano designed 2 pillows THAT DO NOT FIT ANY REGULAR OR KING SIZE PILLOW CASES.

HOW DUMB FOR HSN TO HAVE PILLOWS FOR SALE THAT ARE OVERSIZE AND DO NOT PROVIDE PILLOW CASES IN REGULAR SIZE.

• Rj
      2nd of Aug, 2014

HSN sold 2 pillows by Joy Mangano that DO NOT TAKE REGULAR PILLOW CASES OR KING PILLOW CASES.

HOW STUPID TO DESIGN PILLOWS WITH TEMPTEXX TECHNOLOGY BUT YOU CAN'T USE REGULAR PILLOWCASES ON THEM.

I think Joy Mangano does not care about the public or her products, & her concern is greed & more money only.

• Ni
      3rd of Oct, 2014
    Best Best Advice

Just like a previous comment, my daughter was severely burned by the Joy Mangano My Little Steamer! I put water & vinegar to clean it as directed & the steamer became a watering gun spewing hot water & vinegar like an erupting volcano. My daughter suffered severe burns on her left leg, I am taking her to a burn center to be treated on Monday due to this. Skin blistered & peeled. Please recall this steamer as it is extremely unsafe.

• Ra
      6th of Oct, 2014

I have the My Little Steamer also. After steaming a sweater the other day, I set the unit down on my bathroom counter and shut it off. After shutting it off, I accidentally grazed the top of it with my hand and got a nice little 2nd degree burn and a trip to Urgent Care. This product is very dangerous! And I have been cautious with it - still got burned.

• Ra

My burn :(

• Ni
      6th of Oct, 2014

This is my daughter's burn caused by the Joy Mangano steamer! Please recall!!!

• Da
      7th of Oct, 2014

The only way to get their attention to is to sue them. Seems to me their quality control is not working or it is a bad design. You are almost guaranteed a win since a child was injured.Also include HSN because it is their responsibility to sell safe products to their customers. They should have stopped selling the steamer after they received so many complaints
    All involved should start a class action suit to get the recall. No I am not involved with law. Just someone sick and tired of companies not owning up to their responsibilities. QVC would have taken care of replacing / refunding the steamer and not pushed you off on JM even if the return date
    expired.

• Wa
      30th of Nov, 2015

i agree with these complaints. i have always enjo'yed Joy's products, until my last two purchases. i have ordered three of Joy's purses, and they have always came well wrapped except for the last two i ordered. one was wrapped the way it was supposed to, the other wasnt wrapped at all AND was missing the shoulder strap! i called HSN to send the black one back and to have them send me another black one. well, to find out they did not have anymore solid black ones, because the black one they had just threw in with my blue one because it was the last one they had left from someone returning it. i really feel let down the way they just tried to throw something in used from what they had left that someone else had returned.

my other complaint, i thought i would try the huggable hangers bonuses galore special she had just this week. when i recieved them, there was one set of the bag had bseen opened and these hangers have a lot of little spots of felt that was missing off the hangers. i really hope Joy can read these and see how HSN is just packaging and throwing the mechandise in there any kind of way. i really enjoy her products, but i'm really considering not buying anymore.

• Di
      6th of Jan, 2016

i purchased 4 sets of her pillows that included the travel pillow. she looked into the camera and PROMISED the best pillow and sleep her customers would ever experience. i believed her and instead of opening the pillows i saved all 4 sets for christmas gifts this year ( 2015 ) To my great disappointment they are terrible and NOBODY likes them. they are hard, lumpy, heavy, NOT CLOUDLIKE at all. of course because i waited and trusted her it is too late for a refund. i think i should get at least 50% refund BECAUSE I BELIEVED HER. i am beyond angry and disappointed. i am out a lot of money - i don't make millions like Joy. i also noted all of her products are made in china/overseas instead of employing the millions of americans who made her a millionaire.

• St
      10th of May, 2016

I have been using this every chance I get (living in California water is precious) and I got this April 15 and the water still takes like metals! Unfortunately I threw the box it came in away so probably cannot get a refund and I am really mad that Joy Mangano has her name on this and she should be aware that this is a piece of crap product!! This was so expensive and I wish I could get my money back. After checking I find that ingenious designs is NOT approved by theBBB. Live and learn. Shame on you Joy Mangano!

• St
      15th of Sep, 2016

Joy mangano's merchandise makes dollar store items look like they come from Nordstroms. Junk is a kind word. I bought the huggable hangers BUT not from her but from the Christmas Tree Shop! 10 for 5.00! And not worth a cent!!! Junk, junk, junk! Not only do the hooks fall off but the hanger itself breaks in half. For no reason. I took one off closet rack and it just broke. Three or four times I just picked them
    Up from the floor and the hook was missing orbit was broke in half. It is such crap and I went back to the good old plastic ones...they are 10 for $1.00 and not once have they broke.
    All her stuff is crap. Saw 2 of her suitcases at a yard sale 3 weeks ago...new...never used. 2 pc set for 5.00...and no takers. I would not have taken
    It free.

30th of Sep, 2016

I bought 2 forever fragrant airflo purifiers and really like them, but I need new filters. How she did not think of new filters when she sold over 92000 purifiers.washing them a few times is ok, but please, you don, the expect me to use a beat up falling apart filter that is not cleaning my air. What were you thinking joy!!! .someone called hsn where they were sold and asked about buying new filters. She said that they would be available very soon, no problem...still waiting..ingenious designs say they do not deal with them, hsn said then are not there to buy. Who do I contact next? Not very happy with joy now..

• Bj
      23rd of Apr, 2017

I have just brought Joy 100 piece huggable hanger on 4-6-2017 in expresso and 4 have broke the large suit one's. I have been buying them for the last 10 years and have had only four break in 10 years, wonder if these are defective one's, I read that another customer had the same problem with yellow one' she brought in 2014. I have brought the steamer years ago and it burn up and was leaking all over, I will never buy another one, I have brought everything off HSN.