Jason Shroot / Horrible Landlord

1 Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:

Jason Shroot is not a great person to deal with. He has a nasty and smug attitude. He doesn't fix things. Avoid his properties... It's not worth the stress and headache he gives you. The place/price might be cheap, but it will end up costing you. Jason Shroot was one of the most difficult people I have ever had to deal with. He will also withhold your security deposit. This guy cannot be trusted. He WAS a mortgage broker during the good housing market... now he's in sales. He definitely has a personality you don't want to deal with.

If you're a renter looking for a place, avoid Jason Shroot's properties.
If you're an employer reading this, I would question Jason Shroot's ethics and move on.

Js

More Jason Shroot Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ir
      11th of Jul, 2009

I was also a tenant of Jason Shroot. This man is impossible to deal with and can not control his temper.

He illegally kept most of my security deposit and when I took him to small claims court, he refused to go to court mediation (everyone else in the court that day chose to do that ). The judge actually laughed at the flimsy reasons he kept my deposit and ordered him to refund my money.

His properties are NOT worth the anxiety and headache.

Bottom line: DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PERSON, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

22nd of Feb, 2010

My brother was a tenant of Jason's last year; he passed away on Dec. 26, 2009. For the past 2 months, my sister-in-law has been trying to pick up my brother's (her husband) belongings from the apartment he was renting from Jason.
    Jason has been giving her the run around, adding stress to the emotional turmoil she's already going through from the loss of her husband. Jason first asked her for a marriage license and death certificate. When she produced those, he then asked for letter from my parents giving her permission to pick up my brother's things. Anyone with common sense knows that being his wife, she is the next of kin and has full rights to his belongings. Now he says that he won't allow her to get my brother's things without a letter of administration, which appoints her as administrator to my brother's estate. Had he told her that in the first place, she could have gotten this taken care of weeks ago. My brother's lease will be up at the end of this month; we believe Jason is prolonging things in order to be able to charge my sister-in-law storage fees.
    My sister-in-law is currently dealing with this problem, but hopefully can get it resolved soon.
    We advise anyone looking for an apartment to NOT rent from Jason Shroot. He is extremely difficult to deal with, has a terrible attitude and rather than be compassionate toward my sister-in-law during this time of grief, he has been nothing but rude and negative.
    DO NOT rent from Jason Shroot!!

• Da
      28th of Apr, 2012

WARNING WARNING. Jason Bryan Shroot is passing his name off as Jason Stone. Apparently everyone was reading the bad reviews about him so he is being DISHONEST to hide his poor sorry real name. Stephanie Nicole Hinkel is his partner, so watch out for her as well. She'll probably lie to you as well.

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHECKS OUT TO CASH. He'll tell you to give him cash or write CASH on the check because he is giving you a FAKE name. Just don't deal with him! Avoid him!!! Look at all the his reviews. They are horrible!

Apparently he is using a FAKE company as well. He is going as Jason Stone from Captive Options Property Management Services. He will be reported to the authorities for fraud! The company doesn't exist. LIES!

Upon further research... Jason Shroot works for Roger Stone Insurance Agency. Maybe that's where he took his FAKE name from. I hope that company knows Mr Shroot is destroying the 'Stone' name. If that company still employs him, I hope they fire him!

• Da
      28th of Apr, 2012

DO NOT TRUST JASONSELLSINSURANCE.COM AS WELL.