Jack In The Box / unethical behavior

1 1018 HIGHWAY 146 S. La Porte, TX77571, United States Review updated:

On Wed, January 9, 2019 my co-worker placed order # [protected] at the Jack in the Box in La Porte, TX. I (Terrie Hedberg), went to go pick up her order, but when I arrived at the establishment, the order was not on the screen. Larry Smith (the manager), then proceeded to berate me explicitly saying that I "...did something wrong", and "no one else has had a problem with the app". My co-worker then sent me a screen shot of the order with the date, time, order number, and total clearly stated on the picture. I proceeded to show Larry the picture, when he said "I do not care about that!" He then begrudgingly gave me the order and took the information needed for him to "check out the issue". I then took her order and returned back to my office. Once I returned I recounted the conversation and issues I had and she sympathized. About 30 minutes later, she received a survey in her e-mail about her experience with the mobile app. She then expressed her honest opinion about the situation and left it at that thinking that by doing so, improvements would have been made. Fast forward to today (1/29/2019), we both put in orders via the mobile app and I proceeded to go up to the store and obtain our food. As soon as I arrived at the register, the manager (Larry), proceeded to berate me telling me that it was "not cool that I submitted a complaint", and that I "...did not have the right to complain...". I did not submit the complaint and I was rather taken aback that he would assume it was me. I then told him that it was not me. He then made the comment "...after I gave you your food for free". Again he was wrong. I saw the money for the previous transaction on her bank statement showing that it was indeed paid for. There are 3 things that upset me with his behavior. The first was that he never took ownership of the problem and blamed me (a paying customer) for the issue. Secondly, he then continued to tell me that I had "...no right..." to do something. I had every right to complain about the situation, but I did not. The last thing was that he told me that I can "...take my business somewhere else, if I have that much of a problem here." Yes I am fully aware that my money nor time is appreciated at his establishment, but to tell me that I am not welcomed, for something that was not my fault, was uncalled for. I request that serious disciplinary actions are taken upon this horrible example of a manager. If someone else answering honestly on a survey, that was requested to complete, obtains me this kind of blatant disrespect, I will not be dining at that establishment ever again.

Te
Jan 29, 2019

Comments

• Be
      29th of Jan, 2019

You and your friend seem to be causing trouble so why not take your business elsewhere. They don't want to deal with your childish attitude. They don't want your money. There I said it. Losing money from one immature person is not going to make them go out of business. Also if you are not dining there ever again why should it matter if they take disciplinary action against the manager. Cause trouble and they don't want your money or business. I know it hurts but change your attitude and maybe they will want your money and business.