ITT Technical Institute / think twice
As a former employee of ITT Technical Institute (as an enrollment representative and then as a Career Services Specialist), I encourage you to think twice about attending ITT Tech. Please understand that I am not a disgruntled employee. In fact, as an employee they treated me okay. But the bottom line is, my integrity was challenged on a daily basis as I saw students come through who should have never been enrolled in school.
The admission requirements are sub-par to say the least...in essence, anyone can be admitted into most programs. And boy, do students pay. At over $425 per quarter credit hour, ITT is praying on the less fortunate (in many cases) and encouraging them to take loans they will never be able to pay.
From what I witnessed of the education, it is well below average (aside from a few good instructors). I attended and graduated from two state schools (both of which were much less expensive) and received a much higher quality education.
And finally, the most important part that most people do not realize: ITT is a for-profit, proprietary institution (State schools and community colleges are not-for-profit and not publicly traded). It is publicly traded. What this means: Students are paying to keep shareholders happy and to pad the pockets of the executive staff located in Carmel, IN.
When I was an admissions representative, I was reviewed by the number of students I enrolled. It didn't matter whether I thought they could cut it or not, they wanted numbers and that was the bottom line. When I was in career services, I was judged by the numbers of 'placed' students. It didn't matter if they had a felony or no competency-they still had to be placed or I didn't keep a job.
A natural question you may have: Why did you work there for 2.5 years if you had so many issues with the school? if I had it to do over, I wouldn't have. But now I'm going to try to keep some people from making a decision they will regret.
The Bottom Line: Attend a community college or a public, state school. It will save you a great deal of money and the education will be much better.
More ITT Technical Institute Complaints & Reviews
- ITT Technical Institute - temporary credit/predatory lending 
- ITT Technical Institute - poor education, con job, horrible company for which to work 
- ITT Technical Institute - payment 
- ITT Technical Institute - avoid! 
- ITT Technical Institute - fraud 
- ITT Technical Institute - teaching, kicked off school not allowed to graduate
- ITT Technical Institute - financial aid department
- ITT Technical Institute - avoid itt tech 
- ITT Technical Institute - grade walk off / grade inflation / other questionable practices 
- ITT Technical Institute - employees not qualified for their positions per corporate job posting