Irena Dersh / dishonest dog breeder

My fiance and I bought a frenchie from Irena Deresh (Boston Kennels Petit Giant) a little over a year ago. After only having our sweet little guy home for a few months he passed out from lack of oxygen because of swelling from his abnormally large palett and pinched nostrils due to poor breeding. After a scary and expensive surgery Eddie started to recoup. I had contacted Irena before the surgery and she said we could return the dog. Which is a horrible thing to say! No one would return their child if they had health problems. Once we thought we were out of the woods, one morning about a month ago he couldnt walk and started shaking and panting perfusely. I took him to the vet and after an mri and spinal tap the vet said he has an abnormal spine due to once again poor breeding. Becasue of his spine issue his body created inflammatory menengitis! His discs were swollen and pushing on his spine so he couldn't walk! He will eventually need surgery for it but luckily we can wait a little longer since he is on pregnizone and he isnt in any pain. Unfortuntaely he may not make it through surgery so we are trying to put it off until absolutely necessary. Eddie also has scoliosis and early stages of arthritis and he is only a year and a hal[censored] This woman is a horrible human being. And now I can't get a hold of her. We are heartbroken and financially strapped because our little angel is quickly becoming the $10, 000 dog. We love him dearly and no person or animal deserves to be in this much pain. Please tell everyone to never buy a dog from her. For your own sake!!!

Irena Dersh

Comments

• Ci
      12th of Aug, 2011

If you have purchased a dog from Irena Deresh and/or Arkady Degtiarov at 20 Shute Path in Newton, Ma from January 2010 to present, please contact the Inspectional Services Department at the City of Newton at: isd@newtonma.gov

• Ni
      1st of Sep, 2011

I got my french bulldog from her too a while ago. He got surgery on palettes due to poor breeding, it's been a few years after surgery, he still has some breathing problem but he is in a good shape in general. My previous frenchie didn't have problem with the breathing at all, but he died from lymphoma, he was just 9 years old...

• Ir
      6th of Nov, 2013

French bulldog is a dwarf short nosed breed, and occasional breathing problems are to be expected regardless of the most careful
    breeding and care. The problem is often exagerrated by the cost of the veterinary care. And lack of education about care for the bulldog breeds for both the owner and the veterinarian.

• Ir
      6th of Nov, 2013

I have purchased several French Bulldogs from Irina over the years, and never had a problem. One lived to be 14, and had allergies to the dry dog food. The one I have now is 12, and not a single problem.
    I think that the problem with the breed is mostly in the quality of care, and how good and honest your vet is

• Fr
      29th of Dec, 2014

My 12 week old frenchie started limping the day I brought him home from that awful woman. He had a luxated patella. When I called her she said that he didn't have one when I picked him up and that vets these days don't know what they're doing. How stupid was that comment??? My boy has since passed away. I've now met 4 people(by chance) that have purchased from her and had their dogs die young.

• Lj
      12th of Jan, 2015

Any chance we can chat about your puppy? I sent you a message also! I have purchased your puppies brother and he has been at Tufts since thursday last week…..

• Do
      12th of May, 2016

• Do
      12th of May, 2016

Above comment by Ira Brook supporting this breeder should be disregarded. I believe he is her husband or business partner. It may even be Irena herself using Ira Brook as an online alias but they are clearly related. They also breed Russian Blue cats.

• Mi
      10th of Feb, 2017

@doglover8 It is Irina herself...She sells dogs from her dental office with this name taped to her dental door.

• Pa
      10th of Mar, 2017

@Mikethetruth Yes, I was there yesterday not knowing I was driving to a Dental office. The smell of urine and feces was overwhelming in a Dental Office. My son and I were horrified! We fell in love with the puppy, but she was the coldest woman I had ever met. She never asked a question about our family, where we would be taking the puppy, she didn't have papers, didn't know how old the puppy was - she told us via text weeks ago he was 11 wks old, yesterday she said he was 10 weeks old???? How are people like this Dentists? How are they puppy breeders???? She needs to be shut down. It was the saddest thing I have ever witnessed. I am so sorry to all of you who have had health issues with your pups.

• Ha
      7th of Sep, 2016

I bought a wonderful (or so I thought) little Frenchie from Ms Deresh.
    After a few weeks he would wander in the bathroom when I was using it.
    Come to find out, he had been trained to bite gentlemen in their manhood.
    I found this out when I was in the loo "shaking hands with the unemployed" and Mr Nippers came in and took off the tip of my hogan.
    I'll not be purchasing another dog from her!

• Pa
      10th of Mar, 2017

Irina Deresh, DMD needs to be put out of business both as a puppy breeder and Dentist. Beware people, she is a horrible woman!

• Ju
      28th of Jul, 2017

This woman is definitely bizarre -- I bought a Frenchie from her this past January after finding her on the AKC network. When I went to pick up my pup a couple of days after paying for him, she made me meet her at her son's indoor tennis lesson where she had a trunk full of puppies waiting in the car, stacked in crates. The car was NOT running, and it was the middle of January -- they must have been freezing! After asking a bunch of questions about his health record, she was very abrasive and seemed to be offended I would even ask. Now I know why!

When I got him my dog smelled awful and was very timid and scared. She also told me he was 12 weeks old when he was 16 weeks old. Luckily he hasn't had any health issues and the vet said he's a phenomenally bred dog with an amazing and friendly temperament. But whenever people stop to ask where I got him (he is seriously so cute) I'm hesitant to recommend her just based off of the conditions and her past history.