ip2location.com / Not impressed

1 Malaysia Review updated:

I'm very disappointed with ip2location service. This program shows a lot of incorrect information. I saw a lot of positive reviews about this service and decided to give it a try and I regret I did that. I paid for their database and all the information I got was incorrect and there were a lot of mistakes. I have no idea what was going on, but unfortunately I can't say anything good about ip2location.

La
Nov 7, 2016

Comments

• Ip
      7th of Nov, 2016

Thank you for you feedback. We will be glad if you could forward us those IP addresses with wrong information through our website. Our dedicated QA team will review it and investigate the issue immediately to provide you a proper solution.

For your information, IP2Location partners with major ISPs to maintain the geolocation database. It is currently being used by many users including 1 out of 5 Fortune 500 companies. We have received many good reviews from independent researchers worldwide. The latest one is a 2016 research report from established University (http://referaat.cs.utwente.nl/conference/24/paper/7519/comparing-the-accuracy-of-ipv4-and-ipv6-geolocation-databases.pdf) where we scored top in the IPv4 accuracy compare to other competitors. If you have concern with the accuracy, users can also evaluate our database first using the free IP2Location LITE database and then further upgrade to commercial edition which has higher accuracy.

We are looking forward to help you to resolve the accuracy issue reported.