International Satellite Communications / Unauthorized Charges
I was travelling and needed to call my daughter to say good night each night, but didn't want the calls on my hotel bill as I was traveling for work. The hotel posted long distance charges in the in room directory, but the phone showed an option to place the call using your credit card which is what I did...not knowing the charges would differ. I made a total of 13 calls for a total of 36 minutes and my credit card was billed $384 dollars!!! That was more than my food for the 2 weeks I was gone.
I disputed the charges with the company, (International Satellite Communications), and after talking with 3 people was able to get the bill reduced by $170...I'm still not happy and intend to ask for rebate through the hotel for not posting charges. The company's reps must be very use to these complaints as when I spoke with my credit card company I was told that they deal with this company all the time and have difficutly disputing them as they are set up to protect themselves. Obviously their intent is ripping people off.
DON'T MAKE CALLS USING A LONG DISTANCE COMPANY!! I was out of the country and had just purchased a new phone -- which I had forgotten to set-up for international travel before I left...If you're ever in this situtation call from the hotel direct!
This company is a rip-off!!
More International Satellite Communications Complaints & Reviews
- International Satellite Communications - Unauthorized billing 
- International Satellite Communications - Billed telephone calls without being connected 
- International Satellite Communications - Local phone call placed at phone booth on Les Champs Elysee in Paris 
- International Satellite Communications - Unauthorized charges/exorbant charges 
- International Satellite Communications - CHARGES FOR CALLS NOT CONNECTED/OUTRAGES PRICING