International Satellite Communications / Unauthorized Charges

1 511 E San Ysidro BlvdSan Ysidro, CA, United States Review updated:

I was travelling and needed to call my daughter to say good night each night, but didn't want the calls on my hotel bill as I was traveling for work. The hotel posted long distance charges in the in room directory, but the phone showed an option to place the call using your credit card which is what I did...not knowing the charges would differ. I made a total of 13 calls for a total of 36 minutes and my credit card was billed $384 dollars!!! That was more than my food for the 2 weeks I was gone.

I disputed the charges with the company, (International Satellite Communications), and after talking with 3 people was able to get the bill reduced by $170...I'm still not happy and intend to ask for rebate through the hotel for not posting charges. The company's reps must be very use to these complaints as when I spoke with my credit card company I was told that they deal with this company all the time and have difficutly disputing them as they are set up to protect themselves. Obviously their intent is ripping people off.

DON'T MAKE CALLS USING A LONG DISTANCE COMPANY!! I was out of the country and had just purchased a new phone -- which I had forgotten to set-up for international travel before I left...If you're ever in this situtation call from the hotel direct!

This company is a rip-off!!

Comments

• Gu
      20th of May, 2010

Same thing happenned to me. Called from Mexico to Canada. Got charge 4 times 57$. They refeunded one. They didn't want to tell me the company address saying they would'nt not refund if they would tell me the address... Like it was a company politic or some reaason like that. When i asked the guy if the company address was the one stated up there he said he could'nt confirm but he looked surprised...

Thieves...

• Pl
      17th of Dec, 2010

My experience with this company came when my son, a Navy Petty Officer recently deployed to El Salvador, needed to make a call home. His cell phone was turned in while on deployment since it would not work from El Salvador, so he had no choice but to use a pay phone. He called collect and we, assuming the rates would be a little higher for international call, accepted the call. When I got my bill the 10 minute phone call cost $93.77. Outrageous! Didn't expect $9.00 a minute. The company used ILD Teleservices to do their billing, as it turns out these guys are a little shady too.

• Te
      28th of Jan, 2016

Same thing happened to me. I made 2 very short calls he first one i just hung up before the call was even answered, as i had to attend to my children. The second call was for around 5 mins. the bill was around $91. Totally outrageous and i told them most expensive calls i have ever made. I told them i have called international from hotels before and never this rate. He was quick to offer back a refund which was $37. I wanted an address and he would not give. He said i would have to call when the supervisors were in. Saying i just don't understand about international calling companies. He said i could of spoke to the operator to find out the rtes. I told him i expected it to be expensive but not this expensive.