Instyle India / They are cheaters!

1 India Review updated:

Instyle people had a stall at the furniture show at Kanteeveer Stadium at Bangalore and it was there we booked the sofa set.

INSTYLE:

Address: 1st Floor Sree Nanjundeshwara Complex Opp Nilgiris above Subiksha Kammanahalli Main Road, Bangalore - 560084) Mobile - [protected], Office [protected].

I was assured that they would be delivering the Sofa set on 20 th April 2006. By 21st April, I had no clue about my sofa set. I received no call about anything from them.

21st April, i called them and asked for reason as to why they didn't inform me about any anticipated delay in delivery. No considerable answer! I call them now and sometimes they don't pick up the phone or sometimes they promise that they would give us a call back.

Today is April 25th and I have not received any updates from them.

More Instyle India Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Po
      19th of Jul, 2007

I had ordered a sofa cum bed at that exhibition as well and paid Rs.1000 advance. And they have repeated the story. There has been no delivery, no call on status...

On top of that, their receipt has no contact number either so there is no way of contacting them unless you go hunting for their office. Their brochure had a bombay number, which i am tired of trying as nobody receives the calls.

Thankfully i saw the number on this site, put by Mr. Rahul Bharadwaj. I contacted one Mr. suraj who still promises to send the delivery by next week. Now its wait and watch again.

20th of Jul, 2007

I paid Rs. 2000 for 2 single sofas on 9th June 07 at Kanteerva Stadium and same story. I was told 2 weeks for delivery. It has been 6 weeks and no news yet. Unfortunately I seem to have misplaced my order number and receipt. The only wise thing I did was to use my credit card for that charge. May be I have a chance to dispute the charge through credit card company

28th of Jul, 2007

Finally we did get our sofas delivered 2 days back.

• Ri
      3rd of Jan, 2008

I am surprised to know about these ### after being fooled in the same way as you guys have been cheated. Exact same thing has happened with me to. These Rascals had put their stall at Kanteerva Ground and I also made a payment of 5k for a sofa set and now they don't take any call. Person named, Dilip, had commited several times, will call you but now he doesn't answer the call moreover their landline is also always busy. After searching your complaints i came to know, i am cheated. I feel pity on the Fair Organizers to be dependent on these cheaters for making money from counter booking and b'coz of this we feel they have some reputation and we go ahead with the deal without verifying the credentials. I desperately want some action to be taken again these cheater.

6th of Jan, 2008

Same issue with me. I have paid them 6000/- advance on 15th Dec 2007 and no signs of any delivery or promises they made. Now this Dilip guy is telling Suraj left the company who has the measurements details that I want.
    These people are cheats and we have to take action. If any of you want to meet and go to their next exhibition hall or the office at Kamanhalli please let me know. I will continue on my own on what to do next.

• Pr
      13th of Feb, 2008

Be careful with these guys, they manufacture sub standard sofas with defects and deliver very late after begging them, they promise 5 years warranty, and when it gets spoiled they don't even bother to repair and if the repair they ask for money.

I purchased a sofa and within 2 months it got spoiled. i ran behind them for 6 months for repair and they have not done any thing till date other than saying today tomorrow etc. I am planning to move to consumer court against them.

Thier Owner named Kunal (ph: 09820003275) is not responsive at all, just as Dilip (9980095468).

The Factory guys, Javed, Alam, Firoz, Sameer and Dilip, Suraj the store managers are all liars.

We should complaint to police and put all these guys behind bars.

• Vi
      18th of Jun, 2008

Somebody ought to teach these ### a good lesson. I suffered the same fate, this time again I booked a sofa in kanteerava Expo exhibition. They convinced me that I would be given the best service and that too for free. Forget servicing for 5 years, I am struggling to get these guys to deliver the sofa. I am considering going to the police ad I am sure the sofa would be of cheap quality and my money has gone down the drain.

• Ra
      17th of Jul, 2008

There are some more complaints regarding these guys...

• Ka
      23rd of Oct, 2008

Hi All,

Even I wish i had seen this page before...
    These people are real ### all they do is to cheat . I booked a sofa set by paying an advance of 5k at the exhibition in Palace grounds on 5th oct and after 20 days they delivered the sofaset which is of sub standard quality and the wood used by them is really low quality. I feel we all should unite and lodge a complaint against these guys and teach them a lesson else these guys will keep cheating people.
    Guys lets all get together and teach them a lesson..wht do u all have to say???

• Me
      25th of Jan, 2009

ya very much...now the expo is goin on in Kanteerava indoor stadium and we booked a sofa yest by payin 5k, ..we are goin bac 2day to get it ...2day is the last day of expo...anybody who is cheated please go there 2day and find the guys...26 jan is last day...act fast ...

• Ra
      1st of Apr, 2009

I bought 2 sofas in Hyderabad expo 4 months back, both got spoiled.
    But after reading this page, I came to know, I got royally cheated.
    Big loss...

• Sh
      11th of Jun, 2009

HI All,

Instyle people are now having a stall at the furniture show at Palace grounds at Bangalore. Dont go to them, They are big fraud .

INSTYLE:

Address: 1st Floor Sree Nanjundeshwara Complex Opp Nilgiris above Subiksha Kammanahalli Main Road, Bangalore - 560084) Mobile - 9980095468, Office 080-32519196.

Please collect back ur money if u have already booked 13 th june2009 is the last day of exhibition.

• Li
      1st of Jul, 2009

Hello all, Recently even we got cheated by Instyle when they had put up a stall at Chennai Lifestyle exhibition. They promised to deliver our sofa-cum-bed within 10 days but then they took 20 days .
    Finally when they delivered, it was all wet . The reason was that in some part of chennai it was raining that day it seems . I hesitated to get it but the tempo drivers told that it will get dried soon and we can use it .Suppose if it does not then they would replace the cover within days .

As expected, it dried but the marks were still visible and horrible to see as the colour was light brown one . Now when we are calling them to replace the cover, they either say they can not do anything now as they are sitting at Mumbai or they are not lifting the phone manytimes. The contact number given was of Seema ( 09820071563).This horrible lady does not have basic manners to talk to customers and she is proficient only in Hindi. She just supports her own employees and says that she cannot help us by doing anything now.

SO GUYS, PLS BE AWARE AS TO NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM INSTYLE ( No.35, Velachery Tharamani High School, Next to CSI Church, Chennai - 600 113).

17th of Aug, 2009

has anyone filed any complaint against them yet? i booked my furniture yesterday only. i am worried!

• Co
      18th of Aug, 2009

RNS, even I booked a sofa at Palace grounds exhibition yesterday. Even I am worried, please get in touch with me. If we get together we can bring them to books.

22nd of Aug, 2009

Do you think we should call them? Did you get your sofa cooler?

15th of Sep, 2009

i got the sofa and it is completely inferior quality. within one month the frame is giving away. now if someone sits, the entire sofa goes down. has anyone sued them already?

• Su
      3rd of Nov, 2009

INSTYLE is a fraud furniture company.
    In any furniture exhibition you will see this as a first counter, they will attract very well with their offers, But be careful while buying.
    In Hyderabad – HITEX Furniture fairs, ICE exhibition at Nizam college grounds…, I am not aware about other cities.
    We bought a 3+1+1 Sofa set from INSTYLE Furniture, when there was a exhibition in HITEX Grounds, Hyderabad and it is one year. We bought it for 25000/- and they said it is 5 years warranty. We stared facing problems after 5 months with the frame and we called those guys with the phone numbers they have given, but they were not working. So we consulted the HITEX Corporate office those who give the permission. And they gave the phone number. After so many calls to those guys they told that they will come one day. After so many calls they came and fixed the problem and charged for 500/-. They told that it is home service charges, but in starting they told that any problem they will repair. Now again we are facing problem with the Sofa leather (rexin) and it is completely damaged. Its layer wise going off, there is no quality on it. Now again they are saying warranty is on only frame and foam not on leather. And they are saying you will get this quality for 25, 000/-. For changing leather they are charging 10, 000/-, and again there is no warranty on this. I.e. every year we need to invest 10, 000/- on this sofa.

If anybody faced the same problem, please drop a mail to me. Suresh_it@hotmail.com. Please share your experiences with me, if you faced same problem with any other fraud company that will be greatly appreciated and also will take some action. Otherwise many people will face this problem from them.
    There is no website for this INSTYLE people, only email id: knalinstyle@yahoo.com,
    And different location phone numbers of this INSTYLE stores.
    Hyderabad: 97031 91382
    Mumbai: 98333 99773, 98200 03275
    Banglore: 080-32519196, 9980095468
    Channai : 99529 26271, 99529 26273

• Kr
      30th of Nov, 2009

I agree.. I am one of the victims... I bought a sofa from them a year ago from a Chennai Trade Center exhibition and its top layer is wearing off.. When I asked for a replacement, same old story.. No warranty on the fabric. Now asking 11000 for a fabric that has 3 year warranty, Is it wise to proceed.. Any other options..????

• Mi
      8th of Dec, 2009

Hey, i've ordered now for a sofa set in the exhibition from CTC in Instyle chennai. I've paid huge amount as advance also...jus 2 days back...on reading all ur comments i don know wat to do now??????????