Instant Tax Service / undisclosed fees, liars

1 4668 E Colonial DriveOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 321-251-1854

They promised an ral (Refund anticipation loan) within 24 hours, which they said came back denied. They initially told me no one was every denied! Yeah right! I found out they never even tried to get an ral. Now they will not refund my loan fee ($205.00) even though I did not get the ral. They lure you in with their commericials saying everyone gets a check. Not! They are charging me over $455.00 and they didn't tell me about these fees until after I had signed. After they told me about the fees, I told them no and they said... Sorry already put through the irs and we do not give refunds. I was told the fee was $39.95 when first arriving. I was never told about a processing fee or a loan fee! They lie right to your face! They are just scammers preying on people who need money! This company will not give you an ral, in fact, I am scared that I will not even get my refund at all. I called the florida attorney general's office and made a complaint. I also made a complaint with the department of consumer services. Everyone who has a complaint about this company needs to call the appropriate governmental agency and make a formal complaint! This is the only way to shut these scam artists down!

Do not use this tax service! The preparers are not trained and have no idea how to do your taxes. All the care about is getting the fees! I can't imagine hurting poor people like that everyday. The employees there should be ashamed of themselves! Karama is a #!

I called the irs and reported this company also and stopped the direct deposit to their bank and I am now getting a paper check sent to my home. What a nighmare! Beware of instant tax service on colonial drive in orlando, fl! They will rip you off!

Comments

20th of Jan, 2011

I am so glad someone else posted this! Well the same thing is going on here in Chicago! Denied a RAL. How can you be denied when the IRS approved you?unless they had no plan on giving you the loan the first place. Then the prepares at "Instant" is trying to put it on the bank! Everyone is passing the blame. This place is a complete scam, and something needs to be done about it. I am totally enraged. I will do my best to expose them for what they are LIARS!

20th of Jan, 2011

Wow had to re-read your post. That is EXACTLY the same thing that happened to me...first they stall you, blaming it on the MLK Day... then when they seen that they couldnt stall anymore here comes the denial Wow, this can not be just a coincidence. I am on face book putting it out as we speak. This must be known to the public.

• Ru
      21st of Jan, 2011

Wow!!! My husband and I have the same issue! We first applied for the instant loan Dec 30th and got a measly $100, and then were told that we would automatically get the RAL, 12-48 hrs after Jan. 15th. NEGATIVE. We called the Insight card place (where your refund is sent to) and they seemed to know more than the idiots at Instant Tax Services. They told us, that folks just started receiving refunds yesterday, and we may not get ours until Sunday or Monday, but definitely by the 28th of January. But Instant had said 12-48 hrs which shouldve been Tuesday. But they didnt sumbit our taxed to the IRS until Sunday, after my husband showed up and went "postal" on those jerks, because they hadnt submitted it like they said. Then the owner talked with my husband and said more than likely we will not get the RAL at all, becasue they rarely aapprove anyone. But the Instant Tax in Downtown Dayton said we would, which is up to the bank, being anywhere form $10 -1000. Im confused. So now we are just waiting, it was supposed to be here by Wednesday. It probablay isnt coming til next week. Insight card says they are recieving funds all day and are trying to post it to the cards as soon as possible. Sadly insght card has nothing to do with Instant Tax service they just provide the cards and they dont even know which bank Instant uses to get the loans through. We were and still are in a tight jam, having been laid off Dec 18th, we face eviction due to thsese clowns not having our money as promised. Our landlords are only willing to work with us through this weekend. Thank you Instant tax services. We shouldve stuck with H&R Block like we always have in the past. We just thought we'd get our refund sooner since we were in such a tight jam. BTW, Has anyone recieved their money yet??

24th of Jan, 2011

i am livid with these ppl... I did my taxes there on 1/17/09 and left with only my 1040tax form and only a portion of the tax form at that. So i waited to see if I was approved for the loan in 48hrs even though the commercial says 24hrs and i constantly call to hear pending... then on the 20th i called and she yells at me and says im denied. Her name is Blaine emiru... but her efile number says bilene emiru! So i go back to discuss not only the fact that i need more paperwork but also to find out why i was charged 700 dollars and she said 300. Bilene and a girl named meklit tried to over talk me so i became frustrated. Meklit pulled out a folder that had my social security number on the top!!! WT[censored] So she shows me a fake receipt trying to tell me that i signed for the fees and really that wasnt my issue if i didnt qualify for the RAL then cool ill wait until the 28th when the irs deposits my money on the insight card! SHe opens up the folder and i didnt even know that the chick stole my paystubs!!! i looked and said y do u have my paystub and she said whats wrong with that?! I snatch the folder from her and leave bcus at this point she doesnt want to make me copies of anything! I leave and the cops call me telling me that i stole important information with signatures on it. When the cops come i showed him what i had and the girl falsified my w2 form!!! she put in incorrect wages willing and didnt inform me... the reason for me going there was because the said that they would pull up the w2s! the cops escorted me back and made her make me copies which she didnt want to do. I then found out that there is no RAL the made up a fake name on a fake receipt just to manipulate ppl. long story short I called the local district attorney and I have a meeting with them tomorrow. be careful

• Tr
      28th of Jan, 2011

It must be the way they are trained. The exact same thing happened to me in Leesburg. I also went there originally for the loan because Jackson Hewitt wasn't offering any christmas loans this year, and I truely needed it this year not even for christmas but a broke down car and to get out of a very bad relationship. I was told over the phone that everyone was approved and I didn't need last years taxes, so I went in to their office on 12/30/10 after waiting for a hour. She told me I needed last years taxes and to come in the next day. I specifically asked her how late she would be there until because it was new years eve the next day. She said positively until 7 when the store closed. Because she open the store 5 days later than she was suppose to and that she needed to catch up on her work. The next 12/31/10 I called to let her know I was on my way at 3:30 mind you its a hour from my home. I arrived at 4;20 she let me sit there until 5;30 and said she couldn't do it she had plans and was going out. I was completely shocked and explained to her that she spefically said she would be there until 7, Her exact words where "you should have called me and I would have told you not to come I was leaving early." I was completely in shocked because I did call her before I left my house. I surely would not have given my last 20.00 dollars to someone for a ride there to waste time and money when I am currently out on short term disability and only get 330.00 bi-monthly. She then told me to drive to Orlando they would be open until 7 or I could make a appt for the next week and do my taxes get all the paper work singed on the 13th so she could submit it to irs on the 14th and I should have it on my card no later than the 17th. I explained to her my situation and that if there was a chance that I would be denied the loan that I would prefer to go to Jackson Hewitt because I have never been denied by them for anything in car broke down last month and that I had to move with my 5 yr old son immediately I had no time to wait. she assured me that I would definately be approved for the loan and that she was a woman also and she understood my situation, she even went as far to tell me that she would make sure to call me when she sent it out to the irs. She didn't even do my state taxes for the state I moved from but I was charged for it. I was also charged for the ral loan and everything else (which conveintly I dont even have a copy of what my fees are those pages where not put into my folder ) so I waited until Wed to call because I had not received anything yet. She said that they where running behind give it until the next day maybe Friday. Of course nothing on the 21st, and still nothing the irs said it would be sent out today the 28th for direct deposit. And guess what still nothing she wont even return my phone calls. SO I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW IF YOU DEAL WITH INSTANT TAX SERVICE YOU WELL GET ROBBED, LIED TO, MANIPULATED, AND IF YOU ARE IN A VERY HORRIBLE SITUATION AND NEED YOUR REFUND FAST THEY WELL LIE TO YOU!!! JUST TO GET YOUR MONEY!!! THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING ### ABOUT ANYTHING OR ANYONE THEIR ONLY OBJECTIVE IS COLLECTING YOUR MONEY FOR A JOB THEY DIDN'T DO TO BEGIN WITH. SO I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU INSTANT TAX SERVICE FOR MAKING MY LIFE A LITTLE BIT WORSE BY THE DAY!!! WHEN PEOPLE ARE DOWN AND OUT NEED A LITTLE HELP DONT KICK THEM WHILE THEY ARE DOWN !!! So to conclude my experience with INSTANT TAX SERVICE!! Until I can actually get my refund my son and me are are staying with a friend of mine. Out of the kindness of her heart she opened her home to us, even though she is almost worse off than me. Neither of us have a vehicle and she has a very tiny 2 bedroom apt with the 2 of us and 4 kids. So I thank God everyday that I have a great child and awesome friends.

• Fr
      14th of Feb, 2011

Hi Everyone. Man we are all in the same boat! Instant Tax Service has taken us all for lots of money. I did get a response from the Attorney General of Florida and they have received lots of complaints about Instant Tax Service. I was told the only way to shut these guys down is to make a complaint with them. SO EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALL THEIR ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT. If they recieve enough of them, they will do something. My taxes are so messed up now. I did get my refund on the Insight Card on 1/28/11. It was minus $437.00! That is right $437.00! Can you believe that! They didn't do anything for me and The IRS now has different figures from what I have copies of from ITS. I am going to have to try to find out what the real amounts are from the IRS. WHAT A MESS. I did talk to LYNN who is the manager at the INSTANT TAX SERVICE at the office on Colonial in Orlando. She said she was very sorry and that there were masses of people complaining and that she thought the company was on the up and up and she never meant to hurt anyone. She thought it was a legitimate company, etc...She told me that the company is refusing to give back the loan fees to anyone even though only 2 people out of hundreds of people were approved for the loans. I am sending a registered letter to ITS asking for my money back. I am going to take them to small claims court. Problem is I don't even have any paperwork showing the loan fees, etc...to even back up my claim. (My fault...I will NEVER do anything like this again...EVER) I have paid a hefty price to learn a lesson not to trust people. I can't afford to lose $437.00! I made under 20K last year and have two boys I am supporting. I think we all need to get together and sue the company. If you do a google search you will find out that ITS has been raided in the past and sued in the past for doing this to other people. They need to be closed down. I am going to my local news too. Everyone please file formal complaints with your Attorney General and go to your news station. You can do most of it on line. Good luck to everyone. I feel bad for all of you. We have all been taken.

• On
      14th of Feb, 2011

ITS is a scam and I feel everyone pain because they cheating me out of my money. I recieve my money when they said it would be back, but i believe they charge me more than they said they would. I receive paperwork from the IRS and the amount they had was totally different from the amount ITS gave me. I went to the office were i had my tax prepare at and spoke to the person who done my taxes and he told me that he feel my pain and gave me his manager number. i felt like that was BS cause he knew what he was charging me but someone is going to give me back my money. I will never file with them every again i dont care how fast i need my money sometimes it doesnt pay to be impatients cause thing like this happens. I hope ITS get whats coming to them scaming mother###er...

• Fr
      24th of Feb, 2011

UPDATE! The manager/owner of ITS is making this right with us. She is reimbursing loan fees that should not have been charged, etc... We are surprised and happy. If you haven't got your dispute settled. Contact the OWNER or TOP manager of the office and explain what happened and see if they can help you. If they wont at that point, then do all the other things you have to...contact your attorney general, file with the consumer services agencies and even contact your investigative TV news, but give them a chance first to make it right. Thank you to everyone for your input and I wish only the best to you all. I hope your disputes are resolved too! My best to all!

• We
      30th of Jan, 2012

I was charged 511$ for a 3300$ refund that has been processed on the 1/17/12 and still have not received they are con artist and its sad because people work hard for their money and for them to take away so much for something you came do @ home for free is highway robbery...Oh and I am in Las Vegas Nevada so I guess its just a world wide scam!

22nd of Feb, 2013

We have filed a lawsuit against Instant Tax Service in the State of Missouri. We are currently looking to talk to people who have either used their services and have had problems. We are also looking to talk to anyone who was employed or is employed by Instant Tax Service who has information about the Instant Tax Service policy and procedures. Our communication will be kept confidential. Feel free to call us at (314)522-2312 or email us at [email protected] Thank you in advance!