Innovative Merchant Solutions / Unauthorized charges

This company has quite a scam to hold other peoples money. They are holding up several of my clients funds by doing a bogus fraud investigation. My clients purchases were verified by their own credit card companies. Both my clients, my clients credit card companies, and myself has authorized the transactions. Innovative Merchant Solutions has taken the money from my clients and refuses to give the funds to me (the vendor) despite authentication and verification by my clients own credit card companies.

I would highly recommend NEVER doing business with these crooks. They threatened to hold the funds for 270 days!! This cant be legal.

Al

Comments

• Le
      27th of Mar, 2009

IMS accepts the liability for these sales on behalf of the merchant and will accept the loss from the card issuing bank in the event that the merchant does not have sufficient funds to cover the loss. The associations also dictate the types of investigations that IMS must complete and they are driven by unusual or exceptional activity such as a very large sale. Therefore if you usually accept credit card sale for $100 and you process a sale for $2000, the industry requires that this sale be investigated. IMS is just one member of the entire system that all bankcard issuers and acquirers (processors) are a part of. Some banks may knowingly choose to disregard the liability that they share in this process, but this is usually on the basis of other banking relationships, such as large deposits, that they hold with that customer. Because we allow our merchants to hold their bank account wherever they like, we cannot benefit from such a relationship.

• Ds
      18th of Mar, 2010

Here are a couple of sites to help get enough people to see this issue in a broader audience. If they are enough people to voice their personal situation with this company perhaps there is a change they might chance their questionable business practices.

Here are links already posted to these sites, you can comment or created your own individual posting.

• Wm
      14th of May, 2010

I would highly recommend not using this company for any credit card processing. I recently had a charge back to my account. I have been in the process of disputng the charge back. I talked to IMS this morning @ 9:30 am and they told me I needed more documnetation to dispute the charge back. We hung uP and by 11:30 am they debited the full amount out of my account. This unauthorized debit put my account into the negative as well as charged me extra fees through my bank. I called right away, and they responded with, "Let me be honest, we are not reversing the charge, you need to deal with your bank" So I did, I filed a claim with my bank to have the funds reversed because they never had authorization to debit from this particular account. DO NOT USE THS SERVICE!!! THEY TREAT THEIR CLIENTS HORRIBLY!!!

24th of May, 2011

A salesman came in my store one day in Sept 2007 and said I could try out his credit card processing company. Said their rates were cheaper than BAC and I should just sigh up and it costs nothing, no risk.. well they called back and programed my card processing machine October 1st 930am 2007.to start their processing my cards. Well on October 7th I got a charge for September when I was with another company BAC. Of course there were no transactions, so they charged me $35.00. I called them back and said they made a mistake, and they couldnt care less. So I canceled that day, after 7 days, and I got a termination fee of $295 and growing. Will never pay and would love to be involved in a class action suit...