[Resolved] Innovation Marketing / Recruitment fraud, False Job advert

London England Greater London, GB Review updated:

Dear Job seekers,

Please avoid Innovation marketing company at all cost. They are a bunch of manipulative scammers who place job adverts on respectable recruitment websites such as Reed for customer service assistant. Don't be deceived they are really a door to door sales company.

I got this email from them
Appointment Time/Date : 9:15am Wednesday the 14th of November 2012

Thank you for your recent application for the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service
Opening for Innovation Marketing Organisation.
Our Manager Lawrence Lenzi had a look at your CV and your application was chosen as one of the few applicants we would like to pursue for the opening. Our Manager Lawrence would like to invite you in for an Initial Assessment on:
Wednesday the 14th of November 2012
To confirm your attendance please reply to this email with the suitable date, your Full Name, Telephone Number and the receptionist on the day will be there to greet you.
If you are unable to fill in the Application form attached - we have a copy that you can fill in on the day.
When attending please attend in Business Attire and take a copy of your most updated CV with you if you have one.

On getting there i saw a lot of young people like myself and we were taking into rooms for interviews i groups. It was them i started sensing that this may not be a customer service or marking role afterall. During the interview i was sold on the idea of making good money and beig a manager fairly soon. When I asked what a typical daily schedule will involve in this role, I was given a brief answer and was told that it varies. I was also told that most of my questions will; be answered if I was invited by for a second interview. When I got home, I did some internet search and i realised that the position was actually a door to door sales role. On the day of my second interview i got a call very early in the morning to confirm if i would be able to make the interview which was to start at 12noon and last for the rest of the day. I told the lady that i cant make it and I was going to send an email. SHE REPLIED SAYING" THANKS FOR WASTING OUR TIME" then she hung up. How RUDE and HYPOCRITICAL!!! It is companies like this that waste peoples time by not stating clearly on the job description that it is door to door sales.
These company are taking advantage of the fact that there is a recession and there are several young people who are desperately looking for work. Well I am not going to be a VICTIM this time. Also avoid EA Acquisition like a plague.

To all my fellow graduate and job seekers out there, keep applying and hopefully something good will come soon.

Al

Comments

• Da
      Feb 19, 2013

thanks for your comment... I get the same email, I´m from spain and this kind of companies are a plague in my country.
    the problem is not that you are selling door to door. the real problem is that you dont have a basic.
    It looks me so weird because they didnt explain anything in their ad, so I decide to google about the company and then I found your comment.
    Thanks for saving my time.

• Bi
      Apr 24, 2013

hi, i applied for a job through 'Salestarget.co.uk' for: immediate start in sales - no experiance required which then forwarded me onto the Innovation Marketing Company. As directed i filled out the online application form and shortly after submitting it recevied a confirmation email from Jackie Florida at Innovation Marketing, as shown below;

**Please Note that all Part-Time Openings have now been filled and we require Applicant to be 18+. We cannot accept Applicants with a Student Visa.

Dear Applicant,

Our recruitment department has had a close look at your resume and have recommended your application. We would like to meet to find out more about you. We would especially like to find out more about your experience in the Sales & Customer Service Industry and would like to find out what you could offer the company.

Appointments have been scheduled for Thursday, 25th April, at 9am. Please call my assistant on [protected] to put your name against the time slot or reply back to this email confirming your attendance and we will send you a confirmation. All interviews are to be held in the 2nd floor conference room in the Old Street Branch. Please see below our Head office directions. Please make sure that you attend in Business Wear and take a copy of your CV.

We look forward to meeting you in person.

Directions:
    32a-37 Cowper Street
    Old Street
    EC2A 4AW

Take the Northern Line to Old Street Tube Station- take EXIT 4. On top of the stairs on Exit 4, you will see a Café call ‘EAT’- Cowper Street is on the left hand side and we are at #32. Press the 2nd Buzzer and you will be let in by a member of staff. Walk up to the 2nd floor and go through to Reception (Through Black Door).

Sincerely,
    Jackie Florida
    Office & Recruitment Manager

Company Registered Office: 32a-37 Cowper Street London EC24AW
    Company Registration Number: 6566409

After discussing the interview request with my Husband I've decided i would attend and see what happens, so emailed Jackie Florida back confirming my attendance. I'm meant to recieve a confirmation of attendence email but am still waiting. As the interview is tomorrow, today ive been doing abit of homework on the company and checking out its authenticity and surprise surprise ive come across this blog and several others explaining this company is not as they seem. So, i called them to find out what happening and what the actual role is i'm applying for as there was very little info on the job description. I spoke to a young girl called 'Mindy' who talked extremly fast ( and her diction could do with some work too - i had to ask to her repeat herself on several occassions) She informed me my details have now been passed onto Lawrence Lenzi and someone will call me back after 11.30am. I thought ok, she must just be the reception girl, but thought i would ask if she new anything about this job ive applied for and she had no clue what so ever. I then heared a giggle in the background and the sound of another girl/women, Mindy then asked if that was it, i started to say yes and thank you when she hung up on me, not the best FIRST IMPRESSION!!!

So now im waiting for a call back from anyone who knows more about this job ive applied for. I'm under the impression from the job add that it's a Sales/Customer Service role with immediate start in central london - no experiance required and basically thats it, no more info!!!

i'll write again once i've actually talked to someone and also write tomorrow after interview to confirm if its like AlanaK above says its like, fingers crossed its not but who knows and from 1st impressions not good so far.

Bini

• Gi
      Aug 04, 2013

Hi guys,
    Thank you for your comments. I went there for the first interview and the fact that there were many candidates was really suspicious and once I came back home I did a little research about that company and I found these comments. Now everything has much more sense to me. That's absolutely disgusting that such people can really do these things especially to young graduates who are really looking for a job in order to built a secure future. If they will call me back I will say them exactly what they deserve.

Giulia

• Ag
      Aug 23, 2013

Hello everyone!

I have had an experience with INNOVATION MARKETING DIRECT ( They do have plenty of other names on the internet). I went for a first interview, I have been asked many questions about myself like in a normal interview + there were so many applicants that it looked suspicious. I had a call back same day later in the evening as promised and guessed what - they said i am invited for the second interview. I came for the second interview and they actually dropped you out on the so called field where you need to do door to door sales selling crap that nobody needs. Please people do not waste your precious time and money going for an interview with these Marketing firms as this is SCAM. First of all they do not pay you any salary, everything is based on your performance, you have to work incredibly long hours for nothing. You get not bonuses, no sick pay or holiday pay. Just be careful!

A

Sep 10, 2013

I recieved the same email but it said i applied on total.jobs. i didnt'. What they clearly had done is prayed on new jobseekers profiles on the site as i had a profile on there.
    I got an email from jaimini [protected]@innovationmarketing. this name is the name of a someone who owns a small private prints business. but is linked at the bottom of google when you type in innovation marketing. that was weird.
    so i forwarded the email to my boyfriend who works in fraud detection (lucky). within a minute he said "dont' go to the interview". the "company reference number" at the bottom of each email doesnt' exist...
    Luckily for me i had my partner there to spot it the the night before "the initial interview"..
    IS A SCAM... x

Sep 10, 2013

I recieved the same email but it said i applied on total.jobs. i didnt What they clearly had done is prayed on new jobseekers profiles on the site as i had a profile on there.
    so i forwarded the email to my boyfriend who works in fraud detection (lucky). within a minute he said dont go to the interview. the company reference number at the bottom of each email doesnt exist...
    Luckily for me i had my partner there to spot it the the night before the initial interview..
    IS A SCAM... x

Dec 06, 2013

I received the same e-mail after applying online and I didn't really research about it and attended the first interview at Cowper Street for innovation marketing direct. Upon arrival I saw many candidates and they then did group interviews which made me even more suspicious. The interview was very brief and didn't explain a lot, they only explained how there's a lot of money to be earned and how you'll be "running your own office" within 2 years. They then said that they'll be in to touch to let me know if I've made it to the second stage interview. And of course I received the phone confirming I had been invited back (I assumed nearly everyone does because I see many of the same people from the first interview) so on this second day we first had a presentation from a director explaining how he earns ### tons of money and how we could be in his position within a few years. Not at any point did I expect it to be a DOOR TO DOOR sales job. So then we were told that each of us were getting sent out with another inidicidual (already working for the company) to experience what it was like. So we went out in different groups and then ended up on different streets knocking door to door trying to sell some crappy organic food. I then went back to the office after knocking door to door for about an hour where they offered me a permanent position working 11:30 until 8:00 Monday to Saturday and they then said I would onl be earning money on a commission basis. I left and on the way home I thought about how much of a scam this is and how people already working there can pretend that the job is great and that they all receive ### loads of money claiming everyone is going to be a manager within 3 years. It really is disgusting and I would advise anyone being invited in for an interview to save the travel money and just look elsewhere. I'm only disappointed that I didn't research about this sooner.

• Gl
      Feb 01, 2014

i to went through the exact same process but got little further than that. I worked for them fund raising for the British heart foundation for a week going door to door. It was clear to me that even though i was meeting my targets that 1. i was not informed they would be taking 60% of my earnings a week for the first six months of the job, which they later informed me. 2. that i wasnt aware that i had to pay for all my own travel to all these randem locations on a day to day basis. 3. i did not have any time for my daughter at all as i wasnt getting out of the office untill 10pm at night even though i was suposed to be finished by 8.
    I went in to quit and was also slated for wasting their time. I was even more horrified when i was informed before i left that as i quit after only a week, 100% of the money i had made during that week would be held for 6 months for company protection reasons. It took me 8 months in phone calls to finally get them to return the money that i had earned to me.
    AVOID THIS COMPANY THEY ARE ALL COMPLETE SCAM ARTISTS!!!

• Bl
      Apr 11, 2014
    Best Best Advice

thank you very much people, i knew there was something about this people, because they claiming themselves as the best marketing company in the world but i looked at the website it just look basic not even professional as others. And I have got an interview with them today at 12 and now is 11 so guess what? I am not going to waste my time.

• To
      Jun 10, 2014

I totally agree with the above submissions, especially with the lady talking very fast. This just happened to me today 10th of june 2014.
    i attended the job interview. A few things hit me as odd. But now it all falls in place. I just got a call this evening that i have been called for a second interview.
    But now am aware, mi wont being.
    Its a shame this is happening I UK.
    Sam.

• Tr
      Jun 18, 2014

This is what I received,

Dear Applicant

After reading through your CV our recruitment team shortlisted your application and we would like to invite you for an initial appointment with IMD LTD.

Your appointment with the Managing Director will be held at our office in Borough High Street, London.

IMD Appointment Confirmation – Customer Service Representative

Appointment Time/Date: Wednesday 18th June 2014 14:00pm
    Wednesday 18th June 2014 14:30pm

Appointment with: Ksenia Bodrova

*When attending please arrive in Business Attire*

CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL TO CONFIRMING YOUR CHOSEN TIME AND APPOINTMENT.
    WE WILL THEREFORE PRINT OUT YOUR CV AWAITING YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE TIME SELECTED

Directions (If map doesn’t display on several email providers please click on “display images”)

The closest station to our office is Borough on the Northern Line.
    When exiting the station you will see a Starbucks immediately in front of you.
    We are next to an off road called HULME PLACE and besides the William Hill

London SE1 1JG

Press the buzzer for the 1st Floor and one of our administration team will greet you when you arrive

Please Check TFL website for the Journey Planner.

If you have any problems finding us, give us a call and we can gladly help you for any directional help you may need.

Kind Regards

Administration Team

imdltd.org.uk

[protected]

After googling the name and reading the comments on this site, I decided to e-mail them back and tell them that I won't be coming to the interview

• Bs
      Jul 08, 2014

Dear jobseekers,
    I got this email today and found out that its actually a scam thanks to the internet. This is the email I received:

Dear Applicant

IMD Appointment Confirmation – Customer Service Representative

Appointment Time/Date: Wednesday 9th July 2014 15:45
    Wednesday 9th July 2014 16:00pm

Appointment with: Ksenia Bodrova

*When attending please arrive in Business Attire*

WE WILL THEREFORE PRINT OUT YOUR CV AWAITING YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE TIME SELECTED

The closest station to our office is Borough on the Northern Line.
    When exiting the station you will see a Starbucks immediately in front of you.
    Turn right out of the station and cross the road. We are at 291-299 Borough High Street...
    We are next to an off road called HULME PLACE and besides the William Hill

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:1.[protected]@web142401.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

London SE1 1JG

Please Check TFL website for the Journey Planner.

Kind Regards

Administration Team

imdltd.org.uk

[protected]

Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image003.[protected]@01CF6BAF.24272DF0

• Be
      Jul 11, 2014

Hi everyone, I am completely horrified how this company is treating young people who are desperate to start work after they finished their university. IMD uses people to work for them free and they operate on the pyramid bases of business, so who ever is in management position are making money from you, but you will be working everyday around 12 hours - no life, and you don' t earn anything even they say you do. This company is completely brainwashing people and who ever is working there is completely brainwashed !!! The owner of this company has excellent skills in brainwashing people, he has excellent communication skills and is able completely influence people who will be making no money for themselves but he will verbally push them to keep going and work free of charge. IMD LTD is the worst company I ever worked for and I am horrified how they are allowed to operate their business in UK - London and victimise all those young and innocent people! If you are reading this and you had worked there too, add your comment too, so you can save other innocent people who would become IMD company's victims and working for free slaves!!! Also the police should know about this. Beatrice.

• St
      Jul 15, 2014

BEWARE, they are now at it again with advert on Directgov, Reed etc.
    The company is Innovation Marketing Direct Ltd
    2nd Floor
    32A - 37 Cowper Street

Managing Director - Lawrence Lenzi

Telephone: [protected]
    Facsimile: [protected]
    Email: [protected]@innovationmarketing.co.uk

Just avoid and save yourself time money and self dignity.

• St
      Jul 30, 2014

Hello I have just been called and told that I have been successful at my first interview at IMD LTD, and that I have been invited to an assessment day tomorrow at 12:15. It was at Borrough high st in London. I have to admit the office looked nice and the place seemed professional. I'm amazed at what I see here, I was just about to fall victim to this! Thank you all for posting!

• Ya
      Jul 30, 2014

at Strothard
    i was also told to go to the same assessment day tomorrow, but after doing my research think ill give it a miss as well

• Pa
      Aug 01, 2014

This is the mail that I received from them:

Good Afternoon,
    I have been trying to contact you as my manager has seen your CV and would like to invite you in to meet with her to discuss your application further. I have an Appointment come Available on Wednesday 30th July 2014 at 9:55am
    Due to the short notice, please confirm by replying to this email with your Name, date you are attending, time and telephone Number and you will be booked in Automatically.

Please be dressed in Business Clothing!! (NO Jeans, Trainers, Tracksuits or Hats)
    If you are unable to attend please give me a call ASAP on [protected] or email me back and ask Hariotte

Preparation Requirement:
    Please See Attached Documents (Note * This is a Full Time opening and requires the Applicant to be 18+)

The agenda and objective for the opening morning is to provide you a presentation of our business, (on what we do and what the opening will include day to day). Our meeting is designed for us to get to know you, discuss the roles you have worked on in the past, and to discover what your passions and motivators are for your next opportunity and finally match a personality to your CV. During the recruitment process we may seek further clarification on information provided to us on your application (including CRB Checks if Successful).

Address:
    Old Street

Directions:

Take the Northern Line to Old Street Tube Station- take Exit 2 the Turquioise exit On top of the stairs on Exit 4, you will see a Café call ‘EAT’- Cowper Street is on the left hand side and we are at #32. Press the 2nd Buzzer and you will be let in. Walk up to the 2nd floor and go through to Reception (Through Black Door).
    On arrival please register at main reception, stating you are in to meet with Innovation Marketing Direct. An Application form will be given to you and you will be called in for the Interview.

We look forward to meeting you

Kind Regards,
    Hariotte Hadley | Administrator

Company Registration: 4814261
    Registered Office: 32a-37 Cowper Street London EC2A 4AW

EMAIL DISCLAIMER
    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
    use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
    email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information
    and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
    not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if
    you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the
    intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance
    on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

After receiving this first mail of course I was excited to get an opportunity so I went to the interview and exactly the same, a bunch of people waiting for an interview, but everyone had the interview in groups and I had an interview only with one girl, she asked me about me, my life and basic stuff, when she finish asking me, I asked her what was the salary? If was the minimum plus bonus? and she told me the same, that she can not said anything unless I pass the first interview. Then the girl start explaining me that I can be manager or supervisor very soon and even she asked me if I was able to travel all around the world and I asked her... But how does this work?? It's a pyramid concept??? And she said YES!!
    So obviously I came home disappointed and that's when I start with my research and I found a lot of blogs saying this company is only waste of time!
    The same story, they called me the same day I had the interview and they told me I pass the first interview so I had a second, but I'm so upset for the time and money that I waste for going to the first interview that now they are going to wait for me!!! I already told them that I'm on my way! Lol
    So thanks everyone for posting about this "company" and future people please don't waste your time and money with them.

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

• Fe
      Aug 07, 2014

Hi guys,
    thank you for you comments - it is for them that I will sleep longer tomorrow morning. They tried to convince me to meet with them for an interview at 9 am. Now that I know for sure it is a scam (though a grammar mistake in the email I received looked suspicious), I will enjoy my sleep.

• Pe
      Aug 13, 2014

thanks so much guys I was on their website trying to find out more information about the potential roles and position I applied for and could not find anything !
    probably because its a door to door selling position.
    I have an interview in the morning, now I can lie in and relax and go to the gym instead of their 9am 'interview'
    cheers :)

• Mi
      Sep 24, 2014

Arghh I wish I had read this website yesterday..goes to show why they say do your research first. Like everyone else here I received am email. Looking for jobs on a daily basis you almost forget what jobs you've applied to, yet when I received this email from "IMD" they stated that they'd been trying to call me during day but in short notice they would like to call me in. The reason being is probably so that people can't research enough in short time to find this page. I am left in complete shock after having wasted my time and money, on a mass recruitment for door to door sales. I don't know how the others felt but I have a pretty good judgement on things and as I noticed more and more people come in I found it very skeptical that there was this many people. We were then taken to the interview room in 3s where they asked us a little about ourselves and told very little of the job description. All we was told are the several steps to go on to being a "manager". I wanted to stop to ask her will this involve door to door sales because something prompted me to ask but the woman interviewing was so keen to get the interview over with once she found out a little about us to then move on to the next. They said we would receive a call between 4-6pm with an answer for a second interview. And surprise surprise just as am typing my horrific experience I get a call from them to say am called in for a second interview. I of course will NOT be attending. Absolutely ridiculous how they could play around with peoples innocence when trying to job hunt. PLEASE people spread the word to others who you may know of in search for jobs so that they too do not come across this scam company.

• Na
      Oct 20, 2014

Yeah I just got a call and email from them wanting me to come to an interview tomorrow, is this the company the everyone is on about? so i guess I should not go then??

Appointment Time/Date 9:20AM Tuesday 21ST October 2014

Meeting with: Mr .James Marshall & Kandeepan

You are scheduled to be with us for 30 minutes, where we will be able to explain and discuss the role and future progression opportunities with you

Please ensure that you attend in Business Clothing (no jeans or trainers).

If you have any further questions or queries/ need help with directions, please do feel free to contact me.

Please plan your journey: http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

We are located 30 seconds walk from 'Old Street' Tube Station. Please leave the station at the exit signposted as: 'City Road South (East Side), Wesley Chapel, Finsbury Square'. Turn left at the top of the stairs, and then on the left of 'EAT' sandwich shop is an off-road called 'Cowper Street' - Walk down Cowper Street to door 32a-37. If you need further directions, please call [protected].

Joyce Adusei
    Description: Description: INNOVATION - WHITE

[protected]@innovationmarketing.co.uk

• Al
      Nov 03, 2014

Wow, it's funny how I received the exact same email today (3rd/11/2014) from a company called "Storm Marketing.net"

Web: www.storm-marketing.n <
    I have also found them on facebook, and if the company was really a established and experienced in sales and marketing, then why didn't they create a facebook account ages ago, as other companies have done, to reach and market people? The facebook account was created in 2013 - I don't know, but to me personally it sounds strange.

I was a bit suspicious when I received their email as I have never heard of the company, I have never applied to work there either. I also found it strange how the opportunity came very, very easy just by posting a half-hearted CV, and despite it being rubbish, they told me they're looking for someone like me.
    I also thought; "Yes, but where did they get my CV from? Where did they find me?" So I then get a phone call from them asking me to attend tomorrow (4th/11/2014) for an interview.

I decided to look it up before attending so I know what I'm in for... so that I'm aware of who they are, what exactly I'll be doing, and what should I expect.

Also, if it really is a reliable, reputable, and trusted company, firstly, they would keep the name the same. Reading from the comments above they went by: "Innovation Marketing Direct Limited/ imdltd" and now "Storm Marketing" - They've also gone by "Monster Marketing", "Maximus Athletic", and "Ventas Central".

Everything I search it seems that they own all the websites that pretend to find the company info.

---- they share the same phone number and address, but different emails, websites, and names, NUMBER: [protected]

The address is: Second Floor, 32a-37, Cowper Street, Old Street, London, EC2A 4AW

I'm just very glad I do my searches for jobs I'm called in for... Please advice other people to do the same.

• Pa
      Nov 24, 2014

I have just had "the email" and after reading through all your helpful blogs, I now have absolutely no intertion of attending their "interview". Thanks All for saving me the time and effort... PaulW

• Ri
      Dec 03, 2014

Hello,
    Thank you for your comments.
    I received the same email from IMD limited and another one from Thinking Forward Events. I attended both interviews and I felt something strange. In each case I came home and two hours later I received a call because I was successfull, so tomorrow and friday I'm supposed to go there to the assessment days. Tomorrow with IMD Limited and Friday with Thinking Forward Events.
    I don't know what to do, I mean, I'm not sure whether stay at home or try and see what they make me do.
    Do you ever heard of Thinking Forward Events?

• Ol
      Dec 05, 2014

Hi guys, thanks so much for the review.
    I got a call from them while working and an email afterwards stating that I was slated for an interview the following day (5th Dec 2014).
    I researched their website but couldn't really understand what they were into. I also discovered there wasn't even a company name on the client list on their website.
    My letter of interview also mentioned that I would be meeting the Managing Director of the firm. Am i going to be some sort of SUPER customer service / sales officer that I am going to be interviewed by the MD?
    It is painful that such an organization exists in a supposedly enlightened environment like London. For my fellow job seekers please research any company you are invited to for an interview. Instead of jetting out to their office in London Borough my few minutes of early morning research has been very helpful.
    Thanks guys for leaving these reviews. You saved me some hard earned cash.

• Ir
      Dec 13, 2014

Hi, I have had exactly the same experience as stated above. I was due to start on monday, will not be going. I was suspicious when they told me I will be earning 40k - 60k per year as I just graduated and they said I will be doing door to door sale. Also the company will not give you money for transportation. This is terrible thanks for all the comment. Save me lots of time and money. really appreciate.

Dec 17, 2014

Looks like they've tweeked it slightly for my email! Definitely not going!
    Can't thank you guys enough!

Appointment Time/Date: 2:30pm Thursday 18th December, 2014
    Meeting with: Betty Ates

Please reply promptly with your NAME and CONTACT NUMBER to confirm your preferred appointment. Should you not be available for the above dates please contact our office and we will endeavour to schedule an alternative date for you.

The appointment is scheduled to last approximately 30 minutes. Should you be successful in your initial meeting with us, you will then be asked to return on another date for a second and final evaluation day.

Please ensure that you attend in Business Clothing (no jeans or trainers) and bring a copy of your most updated CV with you if you have one. If you do not have access to a printer, then a member of the administration team will be happy to print off a copy of your CV when you arrive

Please ensure that you attend in Business Clothing.

*Please note that applicants must be aged 18 and over, and that this role is best suited to someone who is able to commit to a full-time role on a permanent basis. Also, if you are on a student visa, we are unable to move forward with your application*

Please find directions to our office:

Please plan your journey, we are based at Old Street Tube station: http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

Charlotte Moy
    Description: INNOVATION - WHITE

Cod.com

COD email signature image

• Ha
      Dec 22, 2014

Thank you everyone for your comments. I have received an email that I have been shortlisted and my interview is on 2nd January, 2015. I am glad I didn't confirm them that I will be attending my interview, my travel money has been saved. Once again thanks everyone.

• Ss
      Dec 28, 2014

Avoid it not what it seems.

• Yo
      Jan 06, 2015

1st they give u a call, they ask u nothing ... just some personal thinks...and if u are available to work right away, training will be give and application confirmed ... come tomorow, we will send u an email to confirm.. bye bye

it sounded verry dodgy from the start. i guess ppl who go to the interview should know that a serious company doesn't ask u to come for a face to face interview until you pass at least 1 phone interview; wich in most cases takes longer than a 2 min
    like in example http://www.directlinegroupcareers.com/Careers-Advice/Telephone-Interview-Preparation
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Customer Service and Sales role: Appointment at IMD Ltd

Meeting with Managing Director: H Godsmark

You are scheduled to be with us for approximately 30 minutes, where we will be able to explain and discuss the role and future progression opportunities with you.

Please ensure that you attend in Business Attire and if you have any further questions or need help with directions, please feel free to contact me.

Please plan your journey: http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/

We are located 30 seconds walk from ‘Old Street’ Tube Station. Please leave the station at the Moorgate exit. Turn left at the top of the stairs, and then on the left of café ‘EAT’ is an off-road called ‘Cowper Street’ - Walk down Cowper Street to door 32A-37. If you need further directions, please call [protected].

C Southgate
    Office Administrator

Feb 02, 2015

I got the same e-mail today from a woman named Joyce Adusei. I confirmed an interview for tomorrow, but am glad I came across this so that I don't waste my time.

• Ak
      Feb 05, 2015

Omg!! Wow, I was sent an email saying the same as the ones above; how they've looked at my CV blah blah blah, so naturally I was excited even though I didn't remember applying, but I thought "oh well". So I went to the first interview and I thought it was kind of weird that there were quite a lot of people already there and there were more coming, so anyway during the interview they asked questions such as; why do you think you'd be good for the job, what do you bring to the table, you know; regular interview jobs. When we were done, the lady (who spoke very quickly) said we would get a call later in the evening to let us know if we got the second interview. This was only yesterday (4th February 2015) they called me in the evening and I was so excited, they told me that I should come in to their office in Borough at 12 for 3-4 hours, I was going to skip college for them!! (I'm only 17) so I woke up this morning and decided to do some research just in case they asked us about the business, then I stumbled across this blog. There is no way I'm going there today. Thanks guys for this, or I pro would have been manipulated into taking a bogus job!😡

• Ie
      Feb 18, 2015

A year later and the company still persists which is a shock.
    I found this position advertised on total jobs. I received a call within the hour of my application which I was happy about. However, the lady on the phone had explained that I will receive a confirmation email in 5 minutes for my interview. A day later still no email.
    So I thought I'll call them at a time where no one would be in the office for me to reach someones voice mail- which weirdly never did just kept ringing. The following day I had a missed call from them, and I phoned them back explaining that they rung me and i was put on hold without any explanation and then hung up on! I then received this email:

Thank you for submitting your CV for the Sales and Customer Service role.
    Your CV has been shortlisted by the Manager James Marshall.
    We will like to meet with you for an Interview on:

Thursday 19th February 2015 at 3:30pm
    Please confirm your attendance by replying (Confirmed) to this email.
    Please do not respond to this email if you are a student, looking for Part-time work or hold a student Visa.

Joyce Adusei
    Description: Description: INNOVATION - WHITE

[protected]@innovationmarketing.co.uk

Registered Office: 32-37 Cowper Street London EC2A 4AW

By looking at the email I already felt it looked very unprofessional, with the font being so big and no detail of where they would like me to attend for interview. I then thought i'll use LinkedIn to search the names of these people- and couldnt find them under the company name. It all just seems very very suspicious. And funnily enough I have stumbled over this forum which now just ads to my suspicion that something is not right here!

So thanks All! I will pester them for some information and if I don't feel convinced I wont bother wasting my time traveling into London!

Ieva

• Do
      Feb 20, 2015

Thank you so much, you saved me!

I got one of those e-mails too, but I had not recalled ever applying for a job from a company called "IMD" and I could find no traces of any applications to this company and I found the whole thing suspicious so I did some research on IMD and their address that was on the e-mail and I found this page explaining everything so thank you. This is the second time a company has tried to scam me - the other scammers claimed they could get me training for a medical admin job and expected me to pay for the training right then and there with my card which legitimate companies do not do so watch out for that aswell.

The e-mail was as followed;

"I have the pleasure in informing you that having reviewed your application for the Customer Service and Sales Representative role, my manager would like to meet with you to discuss the role further. We would like to schedule you in for:

Appointment Time/Date: 9:45am Monday 23rd February 2015

Please plan your journey, we are based at Old Street Tube station:

We are located 30 seconds walk from ‘Old Street’ Tube Station. Please leave the station at exit 2 (GREEN EXIT)V - signposted as: ‘City Road South (East Side), Wesley Chapel, Finsbury Square’. Turn left at the top of the stairs, and then on the left of ‘EAT’ sandwich shop is an off-road called ‘Cowper Street’ - Walk down Cowper Street to door 32a-37. If you need further directions, please call [protected]."

They seem to mix it up a bit and change what they say but it's clearly the same people.

• Lh
      Feb 25, 2015

Thank you so much for warning me too, I thought it sounded too good to be true, I applied on Tuesday 24th Feb 2015 and got a call at 9am on Wednesday 25/02/2015 which I thought firstly was very quick to respond, then a girl called Joyce offered me an interview the same day at 4 and I got the similar email everyone else did about directions and dress code;

"It was a pleasure speaking with you, thank you for confirming your appointment with IMD Ltd at our head office in Old Street, London. Please find below details of your scheduled meeting:

Appointment Time/Date: Wednesday 25th February 2015 at 4:00PM

Meeting with: Mr .James Marshall

Please ensure that you attend in Business Clothing (no jeans or trainers).

Joyce Adusei "

I will now avoid it and email to say I do not want to go. I hope they are not rude to me saying I've wasted their time too. It is very disheartening as it seems like we're all vulnerable young people just needing a decent job.
    Also I really appreciate it if any one knows if 'Pure online Recruitment' is not a scam too? And HelpMeGo2 and LND Recruitment? I will check back on this page to see if anyone does, as I have an interview with LND Recruitment Thursday 26th Feb 2015 with them.

Thanks guys, I really hope everyone gets a job soon and doesn't get messed around by companys like these!

• Jc
      Feb 26, 2015

Can't be grateful enough for this blog.

Got the same email this morning 26/02/15. I don't even remember applying for the role.

Appointment Time/Date: 2:00pm Friday 27th February 2015

Please plan your journey, we are based at Old Street Tube station:

Charlotte Moy

Cod.com

Mar 02, 2015

I've been "working" there for 6 weeks, back in 2011 and i've just like this felt as making a research, hoping that this horrible office and company was shut down. :(
    At least the good thing is that people are spreading the word about how horrible people are treated there and i confirm, it is the most traumatizing experience in my life so far.
    You basically run around the streets and sleep, this is your life, you
    are brainwashed everyday, until you become a robot and the new people are seen as new toys to be robotized. You can't complain about the working hours or anything, it makes you a person with "negative attitude", while you are supposed to be GENUINLY POSITIVE.
    I felt even afraid to quit and last time I saw Laurence Lenzi, when i got the courage to quit he was drawing my possibilities on a paper, with the "NO JOB for you out there" in the pool of jobseekers, this is the only one you can get in London and be successful in 18 months.
    He convinced me to give it a second try, while i was all in tears and the next day I quit by sending a message, I was free again.
    I think the question should be brought to the attention of the UK government, slavary in 2015, in UK shouldn't exist, just not acceptable.

Mar 03, 2015

I completely agree. I went through the same interview process with umpteen candidates as described by many on this forum. I worked for this company for almost two months, I wasted my summer, and I lost more money that I earned. I would spend money on travel, additionally to reach the areas where the door-to-door sales took place, I would have to supply my own travel, and the distance could be up to London zone 6, and even outside London. I was basically working to pay for travel. I feel they should be honest from the job ad, I believed I was going into a sales/marketing role, but as a desperate graduate I took the job believing I would make something from from it.

Certain people in the company loved their jobs, mainly the high earners who were seen as leaders. When I started working there, a few people who had been there for months admitted that the job requires hard work and for nothing.

If you are happy to spend 2 years or so working in door to door sales and have the personality, then good luck. Do not let this side travk you from your original plans of it is not for you.

• Py
      Mar 04, 2015

Thank you very much for your comments, I was supposed to go there for an interview tomorrow, but after all these comments, I am staying at home, thank you for saving my time.
    I wonder, the police should crackdown this kind of brand news latest civilized criminal at central London.

This is the mail that I received from them:

Fatima Ahmed <[protected]@innovationmarketing.co.uk>

Attachments3:37 PM (1 hour ago)

Appointment Time/Date: 09:45am Thursday 5th March 2015

Please find directions to our office:

We are located 30 seconds walk from ‘Old Street’ Tube Station. Please leave the station at exit 2 (GREEN EXIT) - signposted as: ‘City Road South (East Side), Wesley Chapel, Finsbury Square’. Turn left at the top of the stairs, and then on the left of ‘EAT’ sandwich shop is an off-road called ‘Cowper Street’ - Walk down Cowper Street to door 32a-37. If you need further directions, please call [protected].

Kind Regards,
    Fatima Ahmed
    Recruitment & Office Administrator
    Description: cid:image002.[protected]@01CEDA32.C286B0B0
    INNOVATION MARKETING DIRECT
    32a-37 Cowper Street

• Bu
      Mar 09, 2015

Thank you everyone who have been so honest about their experience of this "company" you have just saved my son from wasting his money going to a second interview.
    I felt so sorry for him once I'd told him that it's a scam, he was hoping to earn some money to supplement his Uni loan.