ILD Teleservices Inc.Phony billing on Verizon Acct.

I got me Verizon bill and it had a charge for ID Lifeguard Credit for 12.95 a month. I called both Verizon and ILD to question the charge. Verizon only stated that they received this charge through a vendor. Verizon agreed to credit me and block any future charges. Why does Verizon accept these charges? Could I set up an account to bill people through Verizon? It just doesnt seem right. I called ILD and they claimed I or someone in my household signed up for this monthly credit monitoring service. If so, I never received anything in the mail or email related to their services. They agreed to cancel and also credit my account. It sure smells like a scam. I will monitor my bill to see if the credits are applied.

Comments

• Ca
      Mar 21, 2009
    ILD Teleservices Inc. - Unauthorized charges
    Reisterstown
    Maryland
    Phone: [protected]

ILD Teleservices Inc. billed charges on my Verizon phone bill on behalf of INFO Dial USA LLC. I did not authorize these charges nor did I even sign up for this service. I guess this is what it's like to be slammed!!!

• Kr
      Apr 01, 2009

Just call the number your phone bill says to call and you'll get the money credited back. They'll probably tell you that they called asking someone to do a free trial and to call back to cancel within x number of days - but that you're charged if you don't call back. Regardless, just tell them you want the charges to be removed and they'll do it.

• Ki
      May 27, 2009
    800 Number - Unauthorized charges
    ILD Teleservices Inc.
    Auburn
    California

Recieved a billing on a 800 number of which there is no contract with ILD Teleservices ever!!!