IKEA / commercials

1 703 Old Darby StSeffner, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 813-653-2254

today I watched a commercial about a woman putting a red dresser together with and elderly woman making comments while she was putting it together. At the end the elderly woman commented about the money that was saved could buy her clothes. Or she could go out with that special man or" woman". She said it was not her place to judge.
I will no longer be shopping at your store and as I have told every body I know about your commercial, they too have decided to ban your store. I agree it is not anyone's place to judge, but that is a personal matter and should not be broadcast on the television. I have grand children and do not wish for them to be exposed to commercials like yours.
I used to like your store, but have now changed my mind.
Sorry, Linda Guthrie

Comments

• Bi
      26th of Dec, 2008

Are you kidding me!? You no longer like IKEA because of what that lady says in the commercial!? Get a life.

4th of Jan, 2009

Well, I'm banning Wendy's from my shopping sphere because it has the word three in it.
    Threesome also has the word three in it.

Can you believe that? They say THREE on public broadcast. The nerve!

27th of Jan, 2009

That has got to be the stupidest reason to boycot a store. Are you kidding me? When I heard that, I laughed a bit, thought it was very original.

Gay people have to buy furniture too, and why shouldn't Ikea advertise to them as well?

You need to grow up.

• Te
      29th of Jan, 2009

The most basic trait of a functional society is its value of goodness above indulgence. This commercial is just one of many avenues by which this hierarchy is being attacked/questioned - depending on who you talk to. To be sure, this commercial is not the straw that broke the camel's back, but it is most assuredly a straw that is adding to the camel's burden.

The bottom line is this, every avenue in which a message may be transmitted, it's goal must be to elevate goodness above anything else - indulgences in particular. By this standard, Ikea has failed, and proven to me that they do not deserve my business.

• Al
      1st of Feb, 2009

I once went to a store where two women were standing next to each other, Realizing they could be lesbians, I left immediately. Then I went home and got a life. Now I know why the news is filled with things about movie stars, sports players and Obama not wearing his suit jacket. Have we nothing better to dwell on???

• Al
      24th of Mar, 2009

AlhpaFemale,
    Sadly, most do not. They are trapped in their own little shallow gene pool. Sad, really.

P.S. Was one of those lesbians sportin' Obama's suit jacket???

AlphaMale

• Re
      12th of Nov, 2015

I am offended by the commercial showing two lesbians celebrating their anniversity. I will never step foot in their store and I know many more who won't either!