Ideal Wealth Builder / Scam charges

Ideal Wealth Builder
I purchased a $1.98 CD from the Grant University. There was no box to check off that I had read terms & conditions. I was charged $1.98 and then was contacted to confirm and was told I had a free trial membership I never signed up for. The free membership was for seven days, but the CD would be received in ten days.

When I told the person that didn't make sense, he assured me that my free trial would not start till I received the CD. I asked how they would know when I received it and he told me it would be tracked and added that they have to track it because of the Patriot Act. I don't know why I bought that, but I did.

Sure enough, I didn't receive the CD, but was charged $69.95 in seven days. When I called to cancel they said no... I agreed to the terms and conditions.

Even after I explained how their employee lied I had to speak to a manager to get a refund. I eventually got a refund. However, there is more...

You also get signed up for a free trial to Ideal Wealth Builder when you order the CD. I canceled that using the email address they provided before the 21 days was up, but then I get a voicemail that my account is still active. I still need to see if I get charged the $29.95 for this bogus membership. Luckily my card is maxed out...hopefully it won't go through.

A  15th of Jan, 2009 by
They havent gave me my money back instead they took another 69.95 out of my account after I called and complained about it. There has got to be something we can do about this?
A  24th of Jan, 2009 by
I just looked at my bank account and IDEAL WEALTH BUILDER took an unauthorized payment of $29.95 from my checking account. The trick is they get your card number by selling grant website for $1.98 and then never deliver. Several weeks have gone by and now they are into my account. Called number but only received an answering machine. Other complaints show they never return calls.

Looks like a company scam job. If they ae legit, it is on pretty shady terms & conditions and use trickery on their victims. My wife and I have been layed off from our jobs, December 1 and January 2 respectively. The last thing we need is scammers invading our little bit of money we have left.
A  2nd of May, 2009 by
I also ordered the free grant funding CD... and was mislead by the "Terms and Conditions" I called them immediately to cancel the order, along with emailing them advising them exactly how I felt about their devious business practices. After several attempts at calling I got thru to them. They supposedly cancelled the membership. I received an email confimation of such( which I kept just in case). They even called me the next day to confirm my request for the grant CD and I explained that I had already cancelled and that I was extremely upset with their practices and to not bother sending the CD. Needless to say the CD arrived a few days later in the mail.. It sat on my desk for a few days, and I decided to take a look at this "Free" CD. Well, as soon as I put it in my drive I was alerted that it was trying to access the internet!! I knew right then that something really fishy was going on. SO I immediately removed it from my PC without even looking at it. I get up this morning and see on my bank website that there is a pending charge for "POS DEBIT 8668229626 CLUBNEVIS 8668229626". I immediately call my bank to file a complaint. At this point I have no idea who this is. I google Clubnevis and get hits for a resort club in the Carribean. I google the phone # and I get a site to report fraudulent telemarketers!! I called the number after I filed the complaint with my bank, and only then did I realize who these people were.
A  17th of May, 2009 by
Chalk me up as another victim who is caught up in this Government Grant scam. I just found the charge for Club Nevis for $30.00. It's Sunday so I can't call my bank until Monday. Called the 866 # and their hours are M-F also. They already charged me $2.06 supposedly for the CD which I have never received or anything else concerning free Government Grants and its been 25 days.
A  5th of Jul, 2009 by
I am another one that has been fraudulently charged twice. Under CLUBNV I got charged $30 and and additional foreign transaction fee. I also belive they will show up under "www debttowealth com". This company is absolutely conducting a fraudulent business!! I told them more than once after I found out that it was an auto charge after the CD to cancel my account. Apparently they are SCAMMERS!!
A  3rd of Aug, 2009 by

In my search for Grant assistance I foolishly purchased the "grant funding search cd" telephone # 888-210-2544 or 952-908-4112 for $1.98. I did cancel their membership before they charged me the $69.95. That was in March '09. However, on 5-26 and again on 8-3 'Ideal Wealth Builder Club' charged my card for $30. I caught the 8-3 charge and that made me go back into the account history. At that point I noticed the one on 5-26. The card that i used for the orig purchace is a prepaid debit card and i dont keep much on it so they could not get the charge monthly and it went unknoticed. I was able to contact the company and request a refund of the 5-26 charge of $30 and request that the pending charge be canceled. They were not very nice and didnt want to do it untill i threatend a call to the BBB on this matter, that got them motivated.
I did reach them at 866-235-1441. That is the # that showed by the "MISC" charge from DEBIT RELI. The first charge showd a CLUB NV with telephone # 866-823-1836. Looks like they changed the name that they charge from.
A  9th of Aug, 2009 by
This is true and accurate of what this site does. I advise any and everyone not to fall victim to this scam. I was also charged miscellaneous charges to my account after ordering a $1.98 CD from Grant Funding Search in which I did receive but begun to receive other charges to my account later which I had no clue that were being charged to it. Twice I was charged $3.77 and then another fee popped up for a $69.95 charge. After calling the company to complain of the charges that were being made. They finally returned all fees but one of the $3.77 charges. They claim they could not reverse because of a bogus email I was to receive that gave me vital information about the CD I had received from them which I try to return to them. After even complaining to the person on the phone about the matter at hand. Can you believe she still attempted to try and sign me up for another bogus deal. Can you believe this! I don't trust the CD and never used it because of fear of what might come next. Well that didn't matter because here again a week later another unauthorized miscellaneous charge from Ideal Wealth Builders for $30.00 popped up on my account and that's when I decided that it was time for me to change this card number with my card holders. I suggest this to anyone who have had this happened to them. I believed the problem to be solved when it was not and I begun to have the same thing happen to me all over again.
N  8th of Sep, 2009 by
oh wow i didnt read this complains...i just ordered the kit..its been 4 days now and i haven't recieve anything yet.. i'll make sure before 7 days and nothing happen i'm gonna call them that i haven't recive anything from them yet.. i'll let you all know what happen next.. goodluck to me..
N  8th of Sep, 2009 by
oh wait i forgot i ordered "INTERNET WEALTH BUILDER" kit from google hope this one works..
N  4th of Oct, 2009 by
So, my dads girlfriend was going over her bank statements today and she has charges from both ideal wealth builders and grant express. She never ordered any CD'S from either one, but evidently someone did. Her account has been overdrawn 3 times in the last 3 months and we couldn't figure out why until today. Tomorrow I am going to call both companies and go to the bank and see what we can do about this but in the mean time EVERYONE BEWARE!! this has now cost my dads girlfriend over $300.
A  30th of Jan, 2010 by
I just noticed the same $30 charge you all are talking about. So I called the number on my bank statement (I have an online account and look at charges every few days) and demanded that they refund the $30. They said they would and gave me a confirmation number. I then asked them about how they got my information, and they said that I had given out my information online to purchase something, I couldn't hear what she said. I hadn't done that and asked where they are located. They told me they were in Las Vegas, NV. I know from a previous report from another scam that if a company is registered in another state your state's Attorney General can't do anything about it, and since I don't live in Nevada, the Attorney General can't do anything about it either.

The person I talked to was very forthcoming and answered every question I asked. I even asked for a transcript of the phone call, since they gave me that line that the phone call was being recorded for customer service purposes. She refused. So I told her I would find ways to report this. Now I'm going to contact my local TV investigative reporting unit to see if they'll do a story on this. We'll see. And I'll have to wait and see if there are any other unrecognized charges on my account.

This is such an outrage! Makes me not want to order anything over the internet again.
A  29th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
ibuildwealth = same scammers

http://www.vegasbbb.org/bbb_rated_acc_rpt.asp?bbbid=79756&tr=rated&lg=F&ex=11, 16, 18, 19, 26
A  22nd of Jul, 2010 by
I think Ideal Wealth Builders and their assocciates should have to may back the money they have taken.
As of July21 I called and told them I never ordered a Membership from them, and that for future purposes I need to have this membership cancelled. They took $30.00 from me.
N  22nd of Jul, 2010 by
I just got a confirmation # for my unauthorized Membership. also they stated they were sending my money back within 7-10 business days. I also told them of all the dissatisfied people, and that my attorney wanted this ASAP.
N  22nd of Jul, 2010 by
OH yeah she even gave me my Home email which I never use. I ask how she knew, and she said their data base has all this. I told her she was getting into a privacy act.