IDCServCo / Scam and rip off!

1 10008 National Blvd. #424Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-445-6955

I was at one of our clinic when Janice called from SUPERIOR OFFICE PRODUCTS (IDCSERVCO) telling our clinic manager that she was shipping the order of the year supply of toner for our copier that we had ordered back in Feb. of 2007 by a person that hadn't worked for our company for the past 2 years. I caught wind of the conversation and interrupted the call and talked to this Janice who said that we had placed the order and that if we canceled it that we be have to pay the full amount of the year supply of toner instead of the discounted price that we were offered now. Janice then said that this person that had approved the order had signed the contract back in Feb. of 2007 which I informed Janice that was impossible since that person hadn't work for the company at that time. She then informed me that I would have to write cancel on the faxed sheet and fax it back to her. I faxed the canceled fax immediately.

Va

Comments

• To
      28th of Feb, 2008

The same thing happened to me at my Company. Luckily catching it in time to refuse delivery on the toner. Looks like this whole company is just a big scam!

6th of Mar, 2008

Strangely enough this has happened to myself and a few other people where the product was delivered to our location and no one had ordered anything, let alone no one was able to contact anyone to order anything. Shortly after they sent a bill for and extremely overpriced ink and continued to insist someone here as ordered it. If someone, myself included, can catch these guys red handed instead of after the fact they should contact the BBB.

6th of Mar, 2008

Adding to my previous post, I've found that the order received and confirmed when an associate was told that Xerox was drop shipping a part to a local supply company and needed the confimation. The price was for a fuser for a Xerox and the ink they sent was for another printer our comany had, in which our company had avoided ordered do to the price and they most likely still had on record. Logically this scam required someone on the inside of Xerox to be the middle man. It was a mistake on our side that the associate didn't catch the subtle change in product numbers on the fax and signed it thinking it was the fuser and so we'll pay. Watch out for these tricky sob's and document your purchases.

23rd of May, 2008

We have noted your on-line posting and wish to clarify that IDCSERVCO did not contact your business to sell any product. We did not engage in the conduct described in the complaint and regret the misimpression. IDCSERVCO provides only shipping and billing related services for independently owned and operated sales companies which do market office supply products. It is always our policy to assist in the resolution of any disputed transaction and we may be contacted toll free at 800-446-9835 between the hours of 6:30 A.M.-3:00 P.M. Monday-Friday PST.

• He
      8th of Jul, 2008

My company was just scammed by IDC SERVCO. They have an exceptional scam model by which they can claim they have no part, yet are directly responsible. First, they call an unsuspecting office individual and claim they are from a different company (a current provider of service). Then they have the employee call and fax back an a signed order form. Then IDCSERVCO sends a bill, and when questioned (even though they maintain they are not the distributor--only the billing office) just happen to have the signed form by the unsuspecting employee.

If you have been scammed by IDCSERVCO, simply do not pay and reference trickery and deception in their practices by referencing the voluminous material on the net about them. If they don't get the idea, file an FTC complaint and copy to the california attorney general. Together we can put a stop to these ###.

14th of Jul, 2008

I have been answering phones for a lot of years. So I am onto what is reffered to as 'toner pirates". Long ago. Unfortunately, I cannot tell a new receptionist enough about these types of calls. If they are legitimate, first of all, your sales rep would be the one calling. Secondly, if they do not know the model already, something IS wrong. But when one person lets the call even take place, you're screwed. I called, and just as suspected, they got a signature from someone. I told "Briana" that that person was NOT an authorized person to make a purchase, and thats when she got hostile with me. I love getting off the porch and fighting with the big dogs, so I chewed her out. Told her she would NEVER be paid for this UNauthorized purchase (not counting the fact that we require PO's), and she will accept the return with no payment on restocking fees as well. So many companies just pay bills without knowing what its for. She messed with the wrong finance department on this.
    On another note: VERY IMPORTAINT... my receptionist that fell victim to this scam, swears to me that she called Konica Minolta, not knowing to order her toner on-line, and they referred her to this company. SO, it appears they have payroll in konica's customer service office. I have full faith that is what happened, and I know its not unheard of - the SPY department.

14th of Jul, 2008

One of my staff just copied me on the flowing e-mail to his local Accounts Payable department. It seems this company is working overtime to rip people off.

======

I just received a call from a person who indicated she represented Superior Office Products and that she was making the final shipment for our Toner order for the Minolta copiers.
    She said her name was Cindy Kast and that she would have Melissa in the shipping department call to confirm the shipment release.

Melissa did call 5 minutes later and said she needed my fax number in order to ship the toner at the discounted price of $495 per ct. ( The toner cost about $50 normally). I instructed her to just use the number from our PO since it has not changed in the past 12 months. She said the shipping package did not have this information in with the shipping instructions and I would need to give it to her again. I asked her to contact her sales office to get the number from our purchasing contract at which time she became very rude and ended the call saying someone from sales would contact me.

A person using the name of Cindy Kast did call back and was also quite rude insisting I needed to take the final shipment on the contract I authorized last year. I explained that I did not have the authority to setup contracts and was not employed by Allied Air last year. I asked her to send me a copy of the contract with my signature on it and she said that she could do that or she could just bill the shipment without the discounted rate applied for the balance of the shipment. I asked her to do whatever was simplest for her but that without a contract she should not expect payment of any sort. At this point she hung up on me.

This time they did provide a call back number but it is an answering system that asks for your name and number so they can call you back. The number is 866-445-6955.

As always please be on guard for false invoices related to toner supplies,

15th of Jul, 2008

Almost the exact same story in regards to IDCServCo and our company. They claim they have nothing to do with the people that “Sold us” our toner but if you do a search for their name on Google you can see site after site dedicated to the scam that they or someone they are associated with have been pulling for a long time.
    With an F rating on the BBB and hundreds of complaints filed against them, IDCServCo is either running these scams or knows very well witch of the “Telemarketers” they provide service for are running these scams.

Either way they are to be avoided at all costs. Scary thing is just how many schools and government agencies show IDCServCo as a supplier in their financial reports.

12th of Nov, 2008

To save time, I've just copied and pasted the text from the letter I just faxed to IDCServco a.k.a. Superior Office Products. We almost got scammed, but thankfully I checked our books to see if we've dealt with this company before. I also Googled them and found and abundance of complaints on them for their deceptive business practices. See below:

11/12/08

To Whom It May Concern:

Remove our organization your call list. I will be notifying the Better Business Bureau of your deceptive business practices.

I’ve had two representatives call our office over the past 2 weeks presenting your company as if you’ve been responsible for supplying our toner all along when I was notified of a price increase. Your rep told me that since we failed to receive 30 days notice of the price increase, as a courtesy we would be sent one last toner cartridge at the old price.

I received a follow up call today and I was instructed to sign the fax I just received (see attachment) and return it to your rep, who was standing by the fax machine awaiting my signed copy. I’m glad I checked my books first to see that I have never had any previous dealings with you. I also Googled your company where I saw that you’ve made a common practice of deceiving other companies. I’m glad I found out who you are before our company was taken advantage of.

Sincerely,
    Christina M.
    Administrative Assistant

20th of Nov, 2008

I got three Phone calls in two days from these people.
    I know its a scam so I play with them on the phone for a little bit.
    As soon as a ask for a number to call them back, they hang up on me everytime.
    I want to screw this people up!
    What would be the best way?

28th of Apr, 2009

The only way to get them out of business is to keep the product and don't pay them. The Federal Trade Commission www.ftc.gov says if you receive something that you did not order or if you were mislead just keep the product. Fax them back say you reported them to the FTC and when the FTC gets back to you which will be never you will pay the bill.

• Ca
      5th of Jun, 2009

These people attempted to scam me as well. It's easy to get them to go away. In their terms and conditions (that is on their invoice) it states that you have 3 business days to cancel any order for ANY reason. So call their 800 number and cancel (also send fax so that you have proof that you cancelled the order). Also file all the complaints listed above. I did both and sent the package back without paying anything, and I just received two calls from people apologizing for the "misunderstanding."

• Vi
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I should have checked this site before speaking with these crooks! I received a call a few months ago from somone stating that we hae always purchased ink from them. Since we were taken over by a different company I did not think it was strange. They said that since they failed to inform us of the rise in toner prices they would ALLOW us to purchase one more at the OLD discounted price. We have now received more toner than we can possibly use this year and an invoice for over $1200! We sent the toner back and luckily found this site before it went any further. Upon calling IDCSERVCO, they claimed to only be a shipping company and gave us a number to CENTRAL SUPPLY WAREHOUSE. These people are scam artists hope they don't claim anymore victims.

• Ms
      17th of Aug, 2009

Toner Scam! Beware! A representatives from IDC ServCo called our company and acted like we've been doing business with them for years. "This is a courtesy call. Just wanted to let you know that your toner is going up in price, but if you order now we can still give you the discount rate of $349 a cartridge." Our receptionist assumed this was a deal and took him up on the offer. Next week, she received a call stating that she needed to purchase two more cartridges in order to get the "discount." These low-life thieves called a third time to claim that we were locked in for 6 CARTRIDGES at $349 each! This time, I intercepted the call from "Brad Richardson." We went round and round until I finally told him to take us to court because they weren't going to receive another cent from us! Plus, we didn't have any written or verbal contracts with them so they didn't have a leg to stand on. Also, I told "Brad" that we don't do business with companies who have an "F" rating with the BBB. "Brad" didn't like this very much. But, we haven't heard from him since! Fortunately, we only got stuck with one cartridge and we were able to put a stop pay on the check for the other cartridges. We then sent all the cartridges back to them. FYI I looked online at tonermax.com and the same brand new toner cartridge was only $53.00.

• Bl
      25th of Jan, 2010

I used to work for Superior Office Products in Clearlake, CA from 03/07-06/07. I did not know what I was getting myself into! You all have been scamed not because you are on a "Calling List" it is because you are in a telephone book! They get your number out of the phone book and call small, non-frachise companies and tell you phony stories about being from customer service of your copier. It is all scripted and all the so called prices are fake! They have model numbers on the computer and once you give them the model number it gives fake high prices to tell you. I do apoligize if I have gotten any of you to buy their products. Like I said I DID NOT KNOW what I was getting into. In fact, I can't find the company in Clearlake anymore, they must have renamed it again and moved. I am deeply sorry. I didn't relize what they were up to until I quit and started reading all these complaints. I hope you find this information useful. Good Luck!

• Go
      24th of Feb, 2010

I've been working at my current job for about 5 months. IDC has sent us toner that would last us for 3 years. When I asked my manager about all of this overpriced toner we were receiving, he said a receptionist from a long time ago entered into a contract (this was when I first started working here) and that the contract should be ending soon. Fast forward to today, the contact from IDC kept on trying to get a hold of my manager for weeks. I would try and take a message and he wouldn’t leave one, saying that he doesn’t have a contact number. I thought this was weird. We got the shipment today and the total for 10 cartridges came out to $4, 000. I finally googled them and here they are on this site. We’re sending the shipment back without contacting them and we’ll deal with them when we have to. This is robbery and I can’t believe my manager has been letting this go on for years.

• Rs
      30th of Jun, 2010

These people contacted me about 5 times last week, and finally emailed me a form to fill out and fax back. I didn't think anything was up because they asked for me by name when they called (I'm the contact with our current provider), and they knew my address, first and last name, email address, and the toner model. Unless someone else had spoken to them before they called and got me, I have no idea how they obtained this information. I didn't even question any of this until I got a call from another company trying to claim the same sort of thing. I am a little upset with myself for falling for the scam, but have yet to receive my product. I have instructed the other office workers to refuse the package if/when it comes. I did not issue a PO# for the toner, and we are a rather large company, so I know they will not get paid. Once I do receive the cartridge, I do plan on reporting them to the FTC and I will fax them a letter to inform them of this. Thank you all for your information. I really should have known better, but it was very convincing :(

• Te
      25th of May, 2011

I, unfortunately, fell for this scam and signed the fax that was sent to me. After receiving a fishy looking invoice, however, I checked into these guys and found out what a scam they are!! So I filed a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General of California. NOW both IDCSERVco and Turner Supplies are harassing me with follow up phone calls saying that "Well - you signed the form! It clearly states on it..." blah blah blah. I've returned the toner and the unpaid invoice via registered mail and will now start screening their calls. What pisses me off the most now is that these follow-up calls are wasting my time, and I absolutely DO NOT believe they have any REAL intent on changing their fraudelent business practices. How can these guys still be in business!?! Seriously - complete lack of any moral character - I wonder what these people are like in real life...

• St
      26th of May, 2011

IDC is not a scam you just have dumb ppl in your offices that don't know what they're doing and order the ink with out knowing they're under a contract get smarter ppl in your office and stop complaining

• Id
      23rd of Jun, 2011

Do NOT let even one person in your company talk to these people. Just know that if you haven't ordered toner, than it is probably a lie. Ask for a call back number and say that you already have a company that you do business with. They will tell you that a person from your company ordered it a year or so ago and you are now required to complete to avoid being backcharged. Don't believe them, this is a lie. Oh, by the way, they have a BBB rating of an F.