HRC Medical / False advertising

1 Grand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:

PLEASE READ BEFORE BEING SUCKERED INTO A PLAN WITH HRC!!! I am a 31 year old female who went to HRC in Grand Rapids, MI back in September 2010. I went there mainly because I had my period for a month straight. I had gone to the ER and they said they thought my hormones were off balance, and I might want to consider some type of hormone replacement.

I went to HRC for my consultation and was told everything a person wants to hear. "You WILL loose weight, you WILL have a higher sex drive, your periods WILL become regular again, you WILL be happier, etc" (of course they don't mention ANY negatives). Then they follow that by saying "we are running a great special right now and you can have a full years worth of treatments for $3, 000." It was that point that I made the dumbest mistake of my life, and signed the contract.

Within the first month of treatments I started getting acne that was OUT OF CONTROL. Never in my life did I have this problem, and all of a sudden my face was covered. Not only that, but I also began growing black hair all over my body. From my face, to stomach, and even some on my back - GROSS!!! I also found myself incredibly emotionally unstable, and shaky.

I went in for my second treatment three months later. The "nurse" said to me "wow, looks like they gave you wrong amounts of hormones last time." NICE!!! Glad I paid $3, 000 for incompetent nurses. The insertion of the pellots REALLY hurt the second time. For the next week I started noticing that whenever I rolled over to the side of my incision, or when I got up from sitting on the floor, I had EXTREME pain shoot from the incision down my left leg. This lasted for two straight months. Sometimes it hurt so bad I would tear up.

When I went back for my 3rd implants I had the actual "doctor" that time. I should mention that you will ONLY see him one time in the one year process (other "nurses" do it the other times). I told him what had been going on with the shooting pain and he laughed and said "well, you have to understand this is kinda like shooting in the dark. We never know if we are going to hit a nerve - which must be what happened to you." REALLY?!?!?! very unprofessional.

After this 3rd treatment I spent the next three months VERY moody, shaky, couldn't focus on anything, dizzy, etc. My acne is still out of control, as is the black hair and I have not lost a pound! At this point I realized that I was better off loosing the rest of my money rather than go there and have them poison me with whatever it is they are putting in people.

I should say - although I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone (I have already turned some of my friends/family away), I am not saying everyone's experience would be this bad. However, with the research I have done I have found that MAYBE 1 out of 10 of their clients are happy with the results.

Please note: HRC medical has a "D" rating with the Better Business Bureau. This should tell you something...

Comments

• Pa
      Aug 11, 2011

For the 31 yr. old that went to HRC, why didn't she go to her regular OB-GYN, some one who knew her well and not to some stranger. I went to HRC in Greensboro, NC with a much better result. I am a 64 yr. old female who had never taken hormones for any reason, until now. I had been through menopause, but was still suffering with night sweats, tired, low sex drive, extremely dry skin, painful joints and just a total lack of interest in anything. Within a week I could tell a difference in my skin, within two weeks, my whole body started to change. My husband noticed this right away and finally I want to have sex again. Now let me tell you, my husband and I are like two 16 yr. olds. I cannot wait to get home, one weekend, we never left the house for three days and spent most of the time in bed. It is unbelievable!!! I feel great, look great, and have had a lot of fun since beginning this therapy.

• Di
      Aug 30, 2011

This company is horrible. HRC suckered my husband into signing their plan and taking their treatment. They did not mention the horrible night sweats, burst of rage, or not ever seeing a doctor who is on probation for not monitoring his patience correctly.
    It almost caused a divorce!! How is that gonna help his sex, drive and energy... What really are they promoting?
    Let me pump you full of hormones... not moniter them...family can't stand to be around you... Not a happy wife at all!!
    I really hope more men and women read some of these post before they go!

• Sm
      Oct 01, 2011

it's a money making scheme - why would the FDA allow a facility to cut your skin & inject "pellets" into you with a doctor present? DO NOT EVER sign any type of document with HRC Medical - the down side is that if you do they get to finish screwing you!

• Ab
      Oct 05, 2011

I started on HRC in 3/2011 and I have to say that it has been the best decision of my life. I went thru early menopause at 31. I had begun having panic attacks, sever night sweats, dry skin, no sex drive and when I did have a drive it was very, very painful. Within a week, my life started making a drastic turn around! I am having the time of my life. I have the equilivant of a 18 year old. My boyfriend loves this. He says he's glad to have his girl back! I will never go without this replacement therapy. I feel as if the negatives are just as with anything else in life. For some its great and for others its not. We aren't all alike, so why would this work the same for all of us. I know for myself the synthic hormones weren't medically an option for me, so this was it. And let me tell you...it was a Godsend!!!

• Km
      Oct 06, 2011

I believe in HRC. I'm a 46 year old female that was desperate for relief from night sweats, hot flashes, depression, fatigue. My Obgyn just kept telling me I wasn't in early menopause. Hadn't had a period in 6 months and she only wanted keep uping my dose of Prozac and put me on a birth control ring. I decided to take matters in my own hands. I did the research on HRC and decided to start the treatment. It's great!!! Within 2 weeks night sweats and hot flashes were gone. The staff is very good at working with me to check my hormone levels and even gave me a booster implant to increase levels. My levels were so low, no wonder I was feeling bad. The only complaint that I had was that one of the nurses couldn't draw blood worth a crap. . .but, I do have small veins and it is difficult sometimes. But, they allowed me to go to LabCorp to have it drawn. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the weight loss that I was wishing for, but have since discovered that my thyroid is a little low. So I'm starting natural suppliments for my thyroid in conjuction with the HRC and it's beginning to work. Oh, and the stuff you see on TV about libido. . . totally true!!! I've practically driven my husband nuts!!!

• Mj
      Oct 11, 2011

I feel like this, she was way to young to be going thru this she should have went to her OBGYN. I do feel that in this case HRC should have sent her away and sent her to her OBGYN. But do I feel it makes them a bad company or a bad decision for millions of women who really do need this type of therapy NO.

• Li
      Oct 12, 2011
    HRC Medical - No money back
    HRC MEDICAL
    Greenville
    South Carolina

After joining about 6 months ago and having 3 treatments and 4 blood work. I have had touble with high blood pressure low throid and weight gain. I also have terrible acne and dark hair growing everywhere. . . This has been the worst mistake i have ever made after paying half already i still owe 1500. 00 and have sent a dr. Note stateing that i can not return. Only to be told. . You sighned the contract. . . So i am paying for the next 6 months for nothing. . . And also paying doctors, dermatolgy, and lots of pescriptions. . . This is horrible please no one do this. . .

• Dm
      Dec 25, 2011

I started HRC in May 2010. I love it and wont stop. I had a Hysterectomy at the age of 37. I am now 54 and had absolutley no hormone actvity in my body whatsoever. I feel 20 again. I can live with a little extra hair growth and a few pimples. I have lost 30 pounds, I have muscle tone, I seelp, and I have my sex drive back. I love the B-12 shots too! Maybe woman who have'nt experienced a Hysterectomy do not benifit from it as well as those who have, I don't know but it has saved me from a life of depression, no sex drive, hot flashes, panic attacks, sleepless nights, and being overweight, with no muscle tone at all. I guess I would not recommend it to everyone but I can say it is right for me.

• Ju
      Jan 10, 2012

I am so miserable after starting this in Oct 2011. Has anyone else suffered from burning, itchy, [censored]ly skin as a result of this hormone therapy? Please help!!!

• Co
      Apr 07, 2012

My wife is 52 years old. She signed up at HRC Louisville about a year ago. The first treatment was fantastic! Within days she had renewed energy, sex drive, and the stress of work didn't seem to bother her much anymore. It was fantastic and I thouht the $3000 treatment was well worth the benefits.

After 3 months, the effects of the first treatment wore off. She went back for a booster and they gave her vitiams and hormone supplements. Things have not been the same since. I have noticed significant mood swings, especially 5-6 weeks after treatment. I have also noticed that the closer she gets to the follow-up visit, the worse her mood swings are and now her sex drive is worse than ever. Stress level have risen significantly. All I can say is the first treatment was incredible but since then the effects have declined to the point that it is effecting our relationship in a number of ways. I would not recommend this treatment until they figure out how to stablize the dossage for consistent results. This is horribly expensive for what it provides. I just wish the first treatment could be repeated.

• St
      May 10, 2012

It is false advertisement and expensive $3000 and no insurance coverage although they give you the impression it will. I cannot stress the importance of researching before signing up because then you are stuck with the contract. It is just expensive hormones and terrible side effect

• To
      Jun 05, 2012

yes I have also had a bad skin rash after the first treatment and wanted it to work for me so bad continued to next insert and continued to have skin rash to acne break out so bad in my head and back of neck had to go to a DERMOTOGIST and she did a skin sample off my back and it test positive for allergic drug reaction and then I went straight to HRC and was treated like I was the biggest problem was told I would have to wait to see the lady in there office for a refund and was asked what do you want I want my money back I said she said I will have to submit it to our head office . so please do not trust these people with your health concerns I have been so depressed with my skin red burning red bumps on my chest face back stomach still waiting for that refund

• Ka
      Nov 21, 2012

HRC is now being bought out so I started with HRC and now they are Carolina Hormone and Medical Center. I started March 29, 2012 and from the beginning They have just made me sicker. I am a 54 year old female who had a hysterectomy at a young age and started having a lot of problems three years ago because of no hormones. The first insertion they gave me way too much testosterone ( my face had so much acne it was awful and caused terrible anxiety and depression and no sex drive)and not enough estrogen. I was sick for three months then when I went back for my next insertion I asked the doctor not to give me any testosterone and she insisted I would not feel good if I didn't get it. She lowered the dose a little and upped the estrogen. I got even sicker this time. My testosterone levels went sky high (almost 200) and by the time I got there for my third insertion it was still high and finally the doctor agreed on no testosterone but to up the estrogen. I started doing a little better around the end of October and my face was finally clearing up by these pellets peak and then when I started on the downside of the pellet I stared getting sick. My breasts were sore, nausea and really bad chin acne. When they checked my labs my progesterone showed good but the estrogen shows low. Then they give you a booster shot of estrogen and that makes you really sick. Finally this past week my husband said you have to get somewhere. I literally feel like I a dieing and I have no energy and just feel sick, depressed, and I have terrible anxiety. We called the Compound pharmacist who does the creams and he said he has gotten several people from HRC/ Carolina Hormone. I am going to see a doctor on Monday and get the prescription and the Compound Pharmacist said he can get my hormones in balance within a month. Beware of these pellets because once they insert them in you there is nothing you can do to lower the dose. I will give them credit because they did let me out of my yearly contract. and because they go up and peak then start coming down you are not getting a steady dose. I have a friend who started on them right after me and she is getting no results either. She is also stopping. Beware HRC is being sold now in individuals but still using their same products.

• Mi
      Dec 06, 2012

I am going on my 3rd year with HRC and I have to say it has saved my life and that of my marriage! I had a total hysterectomy at 34 due to endometriosis. Reading the first review of the lady with the period that lasted a month, that is the first thing I would have had checked. In any case, I was a walking time bomb, depressed, anxious, moody, NO sex drive, no desire to do anything, no energy and so on. After my first implant I was feeling a bit better, it took a few months to get levels to where they should be and FINALLY I am a normal woman again! Even my kids won't let me stop treatment! LOL YES, I have acne now and I never had before (BTW I am 46 and started the treatments at 43) I do have hair growth in places I hadn't before, I do have slight hair loss but nothing extreme. ALL of these things are stated in the papers you sign when you sign up for treatments...IF you read them! Of course there are side effects, you are getting Testosterone, and if yours was like mine was, non-existent, the side effects might be more pronounced, I must say though, I wouldn't change anything. The ONLY complaint I have now is that in the beginning I would get blood work and then was back in for the insert 3 days later, now they make me wait a week. So my results have been very positive and I can't wait until my next implant :D As for scars...they are on your butt! The only person that sees that is my husband so I really don't care :D

• Wa
      Dec 11, 2012

I have been with HRC for two years. I had a hysterectomy at 30 years old due to cancer. Since that time I had become very moody, having night sweats, gaining weight even though I was working out, no sex drive and HOT flashes during big business meetings. Since starting the therapy, I feel like I have 21 again.
    I dont think every therapy works for everyone. I would'nt sue a cancer treatment center if they didn't cure my cancer, nor should anyone be angry that HRCs treatment didn't work for them. I do feel HRC should have a policy in place for unsatisfied patients. The satisfied ones will never stop treatment after they realize the effect of living a healthy happy life!!!

• Bj
      Feb 27, 2013

All of you need to see the latest news on HRC Medical Center's.

• De
      Jul 28, 2013

Has there been any issues with injection sights of the pellets? I could no longer pay for it, so I quit. Now almost a year later, the right side where the incision was is painful and the pain shoots down my left leg. Please comment. Thank you