Howard Lee Schiff / Unauthorized billing

1 East Hartford, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 860-528-9991

They just took out of my account $730.00 without sending me a note, leaving my family in the dark, without lights or food. This was my two weeks salary. They said that they don't have to let me know anything. That it is my responsibility to keep up with my balances. They were very rude on the phone. Now not only I owe the bank $35 fee for 8 transactions that I made without knowing of this withdraw plus the money on top of it all a negative of $287.00 + the transaction fees that I will be charge for. I will never put my money in a bank again. I lost trust. They didn't want to work with me anyway from the beginning because they were offering a payment arrangement amount that I was not able to afford making it very difficult for me. They just made another judgment against me for another $35 dollars a week which I cannot afford. I don't know what to do. The two lawsuits that they are charging me for will come out to $280 a month. I cannot pay that amount. What will be next? I am the only working person maintaining 5 dependents. I have to pay my house, light, water, heating, phone, gas, food, clothes and they want me to pay $280 a month. Outrageous!

Comments

• Ju
      14th of Jul, 2008

All the shyster crooks at Howard Lee Schiff should be sitting in jail for harassment. I hope they will spend all the money on cancer treatment what they ripped off from people. These vultures are the worst.

• Ne
      30th of Jul, 2008

After I went to court, Howard Lee Schief, returned the money, but the bank didn't want to return their fees.

19th of Feb, 2010

I have HAD IT with these people! I was unfairly and deceptively scared into signing a judgment with these ###, I was not informed that I had the right to dispute the debt (which I believe they are required to do by law) was told that I did not want to waste the courts time and could go to jail which is illegal and I did not know this. I met them in the hallway BEFORE the courtroom, they acted like my best friend and I was basically scared into signing it and I personally NEVER stepped foot in a court room. I wish I knew then what I know now.
    I have filed complaints with the Massachusetts Division of Banks, The Massachusetts Attorney General, I have written to the Governor of Massachusetts also my State Rep and the FTC. These people need to be stopped doing what they are doing, basically skating the line of the law because while they are attorneys, in reality they are debt collectors but are not subject to licensing as so because of their attorney status . I am currently looking into filing a class action lawsuit against them for deceptive practices but need more people that have been deceived like I have been. please email me at johnworc70@yahoo.com