HostSo / worst webhost

Worst hosting provider ever. Lots of downtime, unprofessional support. Do not ruin your website by hosting with HostSo. I surprised that I did not find more complaints here about them. There was no month passing without having our site out of service because of their crappy servers. It happened many times before I got fed up that I asked support team to make some simple adjustments, they assured me that it was done, than i had to figure out later that they did nothing. I went back again, I was assured again that it will be done for sure...now you assume that this time they will make that simple DNS change...but noooooo...days passed having or site down before they made that change. / I have all chat log saved with the tech support / Avoid them and you will save yourself from tons of trouble! !

Zo

Comments

• Br
      12th of Nov, 2012

Here's the 2nd bad review of Hostso out of the thousands you'll find on the internet. I can concur with EVERYTHING the previous poster has stated. My sites somehow disappeared today, as well, and rather than write it all out I'll just paste the support ticket I created earlier:

Somehow, ALL of my websites have disappeared. Add-on domains and databases are still showing through Control Panel, but NOTHING is left in my File Manager. This isn't the first time this has happened, not for me or thousands of other Hostso customers (which you don't seem to care about, since it's been going on for so long).

Before you give me your canned answer of, "Sorry, we don't do backups, " let me quote this from your front page like I did the last 2 times this happened:

" "Feature Packed!
    Easy to use Control Panel, Virus Scanner, SPAM filter, 50 Free Website Templates, New! Easy to use Online Site Builder, Fantastico! Script Installer, Shopping Cart, WebMail, Unlimited FTP, Sub Domains, Daily Backups, Awstats Statistics, PHP, CGI, MySQL, MS Frontpage Extensions and much more."

You'll notice in there that one of the 'Featured Packed!' items is 'Daily Backups'. Since this is obviously Hostso's fault, I expect my sites to be restored. These sites are how I make my living, so every hour it's down is literally taking food off my family's table.

I know for a fact you do daily backups because every time I finally quote this to the technician, you miraculously find the backup and have my sites restored.

2 more things I should let your technicians know is that, for the last, somehow my index.php files keep getting CHMOD'd to '000', and I have to rename them, then delete them, then reupload an index.php file.

Also, the error I am getting now is a 403 Forbidden, not the expected 404. Hope that helps narrow things down for you.

And a quick BTW that you might want to pass on to your boss: Someone recently set up a Facebook Group called 'I Hate Hostso' s/he might want to take a look at.
    [Edit:] This FB group was taken down within a week, so I have recreated it myself. Anyone who has a FB account that would like to join and complain please join here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/465327100173252/

I apologize to whoever is reading this, as I realize you're not actually Hostso the company, you're just an employee, but I hope you can understand my anger with this situation. Hoping to hear some positive news soon. Thanks in advance. - Bradley"

Do NOT, do NOT sign up with Hostso. If you don' t believe these 2 reviews just search Google for "Hostso reviews" and you'll find thousands more. - Bradley

• Av
      23rd of Apr, 2017

@BradArmpitt I had the same experience. If I had been aware of that, I wouldn't have had subscribed the service from this company. It is the worst one I have ever come across. If you are serious about your web site, you'd better stay away from this company. I assure you that it will fail you.

• Pr
      30th of Jan, 2018

Stay Away from HostSO

I have my domain hosted with this company and it had verious issues

1. Server time out - you will not find this type of server time out from any other service provider. The server will go down without a reason and they will not have any explanation about it.

2. Site changed from http to https/ssl without my permission, request or purchase.
    They had my site down (even there own website was down - can you imagine a host provider's website down itself? ) it had been over 6 hours and the site was down and my all adwords ads suspended. They did not inform me about the upgrade or whatever reason the server was down (generally any reliable and good hosting company would inform you about any future updates/upgrades and possible outages. They did not. When the site was live all of a sudden it was moved from http to https. I enquired them if they upgraded to ssl (which is good as i thought to compensate the loss they are upgrading my domain to ssl) but they said it is not free and i have to pay for ssl. (Wow, my site was down, without any information, they upgraded it to ssl without my information, and now they wanted money). when i said i do not want ssl, - the site is still redirecting to ssl but it is again down. I chattted/ multiple times but support team had no clue.

3. Email Blocked (partial my fault too/or maybe not).
    One of my marketing manager bought sms advertising service, i am not sure if that caused the mail spam or not -in that they mentioned the email which is suspended. The sms company sent bulk sms (around 3000+) and we were not sure if it had anything to do with the email. We received a lot of chinese emails (not sure what/how that came) and hosting company bocked my email. ( i have been using this hosting company for over 4 years and not even a single spam done by us). The only fault it was we used sms advertising but we were not sure if it has anything to do wth bulk mail (not sure still). we suspended the sms ads and requested the hosting guys to unblock our email which they said not possible. I requested at least enable my email so that i can copy my emails /contacts and details (even though they can still keep the email blocked for sending /receiving emails) but no support. They asked me to create ticket, i created ticket, explained everything but the person responding do not have any idea how to unblock it (which is causing more business loss).

4. Support
    Mon-Friday only, they do not have any phone which you can dial. I suggest you should go for a hosting which offers good support and reachable by all means (phone, email chat 24/7 even though it costs more but always better to go with a quality hosting with good support instead a cheaper one with no support and no reliability.

5. Another amazing thing when i complaint to the hosting company support staff JANE (maybe madeup name). they just suspended my account without my hosting backup instead resolving my query.. Highly insecure and unprofessional staff. See her threat (first she said she is going to block only my one email and i could use another ) when i complaint about the issue - she threatned to suspend my account (Amazing):
    "As per our last discussion, you were requested to enable the account access only for one day on 27th January 2018, It seems that you did not downloaded the backup. please note that we are not going to enable the email access to use on our server, also all logs was provided you. If you did not download the backup within one hour, your account will get suspend, as were updated that you are going to move the account."
    Now i told them i will move my account elsewhere but i need the time to download/copy my data. I told them they can still keep my email blocked (so i cannot send receive emails) just copy what i have for last four years. But instead helping there they just suspended my overall account.

I would advise everyone to go for good hosting agencies (if cheaper go to exclusivehosting or hostgator or godaddy if faster go for inmotionhosting and few more ) instead this pathetic host (seems run by a novice) please check reviews and comparison (instead paid comparison) of each hosting company before you make final decision.