Homeland Healthcare / MISREPRESENTATION

1 PA, United States Review updated:

Ok, well I guess I am one of the lucky ones in this string of complaints...after picking the agents brain for almost an hour to which he referred to this policy roughly 10 times as a "Group Plan" that is Nationwide I realized when I hung up the phone that this type of a policy does not exist... I am a licensed Insurance Agent and have been for many years, I write Property and Casualty so I know just enough about Health Insurance to get me in trouble...
This policy as verified with the companies home office is a "Limited Benefit Health benefit Plan" which is a far cry from "Group Insurance". While researching this as I am a sceptic by nature I came across all the complaints and the negative BBB reports and immediately called the agent to advise him that I want the policy cancelled, he advised that Jay in the Accounting Department would contact me immediately to cancel...Well, he never called me and it's been 2 hours...I immediately called my bank and got the Dispute Department as the charges were presented within minutes of my conversation with this agent, probably before we even hung up the phone...
The charge seems to have been reversed by my bank already so I am lucky, some of us have not been so lucky...
THIS LIMITED BENEFIT POLICY IS/NEVER WAS DESIGNED TO REPLACE A COMPREHENSIVE HEALTHCARE PLAN AND WILL BANKRUPT YOU IN THE EVENT OF AN ILLNESS, IT WAS CREATED FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE UNINSURABLE, OR AS A GAP COVERAGE IN ADDITION TO YOUR EXISTING INSURANCE...
Hope this posting saves someone else the Heart palpitations that I just went through, consumers beware!!

Celest LaVergne
Boca Raton

Comments

9th of Jun, 2010

If you were realy a health insurance agent you would realize that over 8 million people go with coverage because they get denied and if sold properly this limited cash dollar paying product will help people.

• Ba
      25th of Oct, 2010

I was told by this company several times that my doctor and my hospital was in their network. I took out the policy July 1, 2010 and have now found out after filing a claim that the hospital has not been a participant since 2004. Not only am I out $2400 for the preminums I have to pay over $1700 for a CT Scan and $123.00 for reading of this scan. I was lied to and am very hurt there are people out there who make a living out of cheating us senior citizens out of our hard earned money. Is there nothing that can be done about this?? I'm calling the Commissioner of Insurance to see what if anything can be done!

• Dp
      22nd of Feb, 2011

If it sounds too good to be true...IT IS! Can't believe I was so duped by these people. Was told one thing on the phone and what I got was far from it. Tried calling...first time I got an answer but when I began my questions they hung up and couldn't make contact again. So we will see about the refund. Hopefully I am only out the $99

• Br
      24th of Mar, 2011

I want to make sure that your concerns are being answered and that Homeland has refunded your money.

My name is Brandon Wood and I am the Chief Marketing Officer at Homeland HealthCare. I want to get involved and help resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

I do apologize for the level of service you have received and I would like to understand who the agent was that sold you this policy and what you felt you were buying. This is a limited benefit health insurance policy. It is not major medical insurance and it should not be used to replace major med.

I want to make sure I resolve this complaint to your satisfaction. Please send me your member number and your date of cancellation. I will have this resolved to your satisfaction.

Thanks and I apologize for any problems you have encountered.

Brandon

• In
      1st of Jun, 2011

I was sold to a Limited Benefit Health benefit Discount Plan By a crafty insurance sales person from HomeLand Healthcare as a "Group Insurance but not quite a Mayor Medical Insurance " with no out of pocket deductibles for medical or doctor's visit with Homeland paying 100% of the tab and even throwing a freebie 10-20, 000 life insurance bonus to my Wife if I die soon !

I wonder they were expecting me to die young by me being drowned in medical bills they would have not payed !

If this Company sounds to good to be true chances are is Not True Folks, Thanks to this site My eyes were open to the " BIG FAT LIE " this company were producing to hook desperate people with preexisting conditions like me !

I thought about writing to the BBB but it will be a waste of time since they have very limited power to prosecute companies like these one !