Homeland Healthcare / sent me a policy which I never agreed to purchase

1 825 Market Street, suite 300Allen, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-493-4240

A marketing rep. By the name of Erica called me to discuss this health package. I told her I needed to read what was being offered. She said I could read about the policy online. She also said I had 48 hours to decide if I wanted this policy. If I did not call her back I could not get the policy at the price quoted. I decided I did not want this bogus policy, so I did not call back. Within 72 hours of talking with Erica my bank had a withdrawal request from this bogus company. The bank is reversing the charges and blocking them from anymore charges. Do not even talk with theses people as the policy is not an insurance policy.

Comments

• Lu
      28th of Jan, 2010
    Homeland Healthcare - Scam
    Homeland HealthCare

Homeland HealthCare is a scam. The company has not paid on a claim
    which was submitted on December 8th, 2009. They paid less than a dollar for a prescription. Please do not consider buying any product from Homeland HealthCare. You will definitely be a victim of scam.

• Me
      5th of Apr, 2010

Let me address the misinformation about the group plans. Yes it is a group plan and you get a "group certificate" of coverage. You are a member of the consumer group called "Affiliated Workers Association"...many of these "guarantee issue" plans from other companies are registered this way...Nothing new here.

And yes it is real insurance because it discounts the bills via negotiated rates and then pays claims as specified. So by definition it is insurance

Many of the posts here are complete lies by people who do not know what they are talking abbout...shame on them

• Di
      5th of May, 2010

Is there anyone that has ANYTHING good to say about this company? I just received my cards on yesterday and I hope that I have not made a mistake by purchasing this insurance.When I do have to use this insurance I hope that there are no probems.
    Please!, is there anyone with a positive comment? How can a company with all of these complaints remain in business?

• Ad
      24th of May, 2010

Yes, I was one of at least four people that fell for the $75.00 non-refrundable enrollment fee. I hope I get the rest of my money back. I am cancelling asap as it is only a supplemental plan and does not pay for much at all. They are defintely making their money on geeting this $75.00 fee from everyone that calls them as they say it is an open enrollment and they can only accept a certain number of people within a certain length of time. I don't understand how companies such as this don't get shut down by the Insurance Commissioners of each state. Perhaps the Commissioner office gets a kickback?????

• Br
      24th of Mar, 2011

Hi my name is Brandon Wood. I am the CMO at Homeland HealthCare. I would like to get involved in this matter and see if we can resolve this claims issue to your satisfaction.

Can you provide me with your member number and the plan that you are currently on? Any information that you have from the claims payer denying the claim would be helpful as well.

We pride ourselves on customer service and I apologize that your needs have not been met.

With your permission, I would like to offer my help in getting this claims issue resolved for you.

Thanks,
    Brandon

• Bi
      3rd of Jul, 2012

It does include limited benefit insurance. It is now a scam at all. On the other hand, there is a problem with telemarketers, many of whom are not licensed insurance agents, scamming prospective clients. Please report the matter to the Department of Insurance, the Better Business Bureau, and your state's attorney general. Unfortunately, you probably agreed, after being coached beforehand, to have your account charged. You were most likely told that they were in "open enrollment" or that there were a given number of applications left in your state. Any time you are told any of these things, you should run, not walk, away.
    Note: the problem is not the AWA, it is the telemarketing firm. If you call Homeland Health Care directly, they tend to be helpful in resolving these kind of problems.