Homeland Health Care / SCAM

1 PA, United States Review updated:

The company does not refund monies "without penalty" as stated by their salespersons. They tell you that they sell a helath insurance policy that covers 100% of hospital costs. They fail to tell you that this is 100% of THEIR CODED VALUE! For example they cover a grand total of $790 for a heart transplant, $730 for a fusion of the spine, $490 for extensive thyroid surgery, etc. They also fail to tell you that you can review the policy on their website. The salemen fast talk you into paying the first month and application fee upfront. They then send you the policy for review. They clearly stated that if the policy was not acceptable, you can cancel before the effective date "without penalty". They do not keep their word! They keep the $150 application fee. They apparently make their money by keeping application fees since their policy is a JOKE!

DO NOT PURCHASE insurance from HOMELAND HEALTH CARE 2435 North Central Expressway Suite 100 in Richardson, Texas 75080.

Comments

• Us
      2nd of Feb, 2009

HORRIBLE SCAM, BEWARE !! I told this company I did not understand and the man I was speaking to just pushed me very quickly to say I understood and said " well I guess so" but because he was rushng me. They charged over 600 dollars to my credit card and now they won't refund it all, they are keeping 75 dollars that they claim was non refundable. Also the rest of my charge, over 500 dollars they said has a 30 day waiting period for refund. I try to call them for help and you are on hold forever, then the rep hung up on me and would not let me speak with a supervisor.

• De
      5th of Feb, 2009

I too have been scamed by this so called insurance company. I was told I could use any hospital. I had a accident with my horse and had to go to the ER. After calling the insurance company I found out all I was getting was $100 dollars. So I started indepth research and found out the guy that sold the "so called insurance" isn't licensed in the state of Missoui to sell insurance. I am in the process of making a fraud complaint with the state insurance comissioner and my bank. I found on Homeland's web site the enrollment fee was $60 and the crook charged me 75. I am looking for all the negative sites about Homeland and printing them off. Do you know they get their employees off Craig's list? I found 3 ads so far. Google ahbinsure and you will find it. When you call the company for any kind of problem or to find out information you are told I can't help you call this number. I have spent 1 whole day chasing down anyone that will give me a straight answer and if you leave a message they never call back. I don't know what states other live in but check with your states insurance regulator and see if you can get any help from them. At least you can put Homeland on your states radar.

10th of Feb, 2009

Still waiting for my refund of $279.00 - they kept the $75.00 setup fee but have not refunded the 279 as they were supposed to - It'sbeen 43 days and I am going to call my credit card company tomorrow and dispute the bill and ask to initiate a chargeback on these crooks.
    Where the hell is our national healthcare reform ? I worked dam hard for my entire adult life and am treated like dirt by the doctors and hospitals, I have huge medical bills and then along come these liars and crooks and tell me I will be covered and steal my money ! the last 4 presidents have all promised the same dam thing - healthcare reform ... what a joke - Obamma is just like the rest of them - Democrats and Repulicans are all the same - Liars, crooks and theives - not much more to say - plain to see that if you are self employed or don't have insurance through your employer then you are really screwed when something happens. I have 100K + medical bills and will lose my home because of the crooked system of ripoff hospitals, dr's, and politicians that are out to screw us all ! So sad to see our country fall apart like this, people losing their jobs, homes, and pride in America because we have the wrong people in Washington - Maybe its time we throw them all out and just start over to insure our children and grand children can live free again and not be subjects of the corrupt system we call the US Government. The colonists rose up against the tyrants - history always repeats itself. Homeland Healthcare is just another example of why we need a brand new system in this country from the very top down !

• Ca
      6th of Mar, 2009

Tuesday, 3 March, I called Heath Care in response to a web search. The salesperson spoke very fast and was intentionally trying to be deceptive. He stated their policies were geared toward business, but they do write policies for individuals. I asked for a brochure and he stated they do not send out brochures unless you sign up for a policy. He immediately went to his speach on asking if I would pay by credit card and wanted my card number. Of course I did not give it to him.

He also stated that after signing up, I'll have 30 days to review the policy. If I decide not to use it, I could cancel and my initial fee of $279.00 will be refunded. I know of no LEGITIMATE company that would want your money first before you checked out the GOODS.

Needless to say, that was the end of that conversation.

• De
      9th of Mar, 2009

I just got off of the phone too with some idiot from this company. I told him to stick it where the sun don't shine! He too was a fast talker. DO NOT do this people.

• Ju
      4th of Apr, 2009

well i am signed up for his insurance and i just recieved my health cards, i live in indiana. The person i spoke to was Tammy and she did go over this very well. She gave me a sight to look up each plan and choose the plan i wanted. I understood there was a $75 non-refundable fee. and that my plan for my husband and i would run $155 a month. being a diabetic and on limited income, if it could just be used for my meidicine that would be great as I have been without insulin for a year. Hopefully i havent made a huge mistake that we cannot afford. I guess all i can do is try.

• He
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I am pregnant with no insurance. they said they could offer it to me for a very affordable price. too good to be true indeed. I checked with the BBB they gave them a D. I cant trust the bills of labor and delivery based on a D. im glad i read all these reviews. Sure helped my decision on NOT getting this insurance. But what to do about pregnancy insurance...

• At
      10th of May, 2009

My daughter was recently schedule for surgery and 5 minutes before being taken into surgery she was told that the insurance company had no knowledge of this and they wouldn't do her surgery. Now since reading all these complaints, my intention is to make sure that this insurance company will never defraud anyone else. I will be contacting the states attorney office in my state and get information on how to close this company down.

2nd of Jun, 2009

company no good. last oct they send me a policy to read. they charge me 354.00 dollars. I gave them my debit card for just that payment and I had 30 days to see if I wanted the policy. I cancel the policy before my 30 days was up. i just found out they been taking 279.00 dollars out of my debit card since Oct. i call them and they said they can't fine any record of me cancel my policy.I didn't get a medicine card or a policy number. I e-mail them and they said they didn't get my e- mail.I have a copy of the e-mail. the first time I call they didn't call back.If anyone know where I can report them let me know. I'm from Missouri and my e-mail address is mlwright.1@att.net they got me for over 1, 500 dollars.I lost my job in 2007 and now I'm on disability. I don't need this mess. Mary

• Me
      19th of Aug, 2009

Oh Great. I actually looked them up online but did not find this site before I signed up with these crooks.
    I canceled 2 weeks before the "month" was up and even though I didn't think I'd get $75 of the 190 back, I still do expect the $115 back. I hope.

I went to and called a lot of doctors on their "provider" list and was told I was only covered for $50 and that insurance was totally worthless. I was so embarrassed when I went to the last clinic because I could tell the nurse felt bad for me. Then I went to Walgreens to have them check out my so called prescription coverage, and Walgreens was told I wasn't even signed up for the pharmacy plan!

This is horrible. I feel so bad and angry for all of us. I am a type 1 diabetic and on unemployment right now. I used half my check just to sign up with this scam of a company. That's money I could've used on insulin or insulin pump supplies.

Never thought I'd get duped like this. Should have thought to check with BBB.
    I won't make this mistake twice.

Mel.

• Jk
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Well, this stinks. I'm in the process of trying to get in touch with Onita Black with Homeland Health, as even though the letter in my application packet says I can cancel by sending in a letter, she emails me and tells me I have to fill out a form that is in the packet! So now I have no form, because they told me to send the packet back! What garbage!!! I guess we can kiss that $$$ goodbye! Folks make sure you post the info. about them everywhere you can. People like this should not be allowed to call themselves a business.

And yes, when I looked at the hospitalization, which was absolutely NOT clearly explained, it was ridiculous the low amount they pay and don't tell you about. This is definitely a scam! When you try and call in, they put you on hold and tell you there are 10 - 15 people ahead of you waiting. Ugh.

J Krupicka

• Jk
      2nd of Sep, 2009

Upset and mad about this scam company

• Mr
      5th of Sep, 2009

My Grand father signed up for a policy with this company. I decided to check online to see the validity of this company and to my surprise the only sites you find concerning them beside their [censored] page is a ton of sites leading to pages of compliants. I imediately told him and he called them back the same day to cancel it, unfortunately after he had already gave them a credit card number. Well, they work quick and had already withdrew the $500 and some odd dollars. He had his bank change his account number to imped any further withdrawls they might try to make. They said it would be canceled and he would recieve his money within 24 to 72 hours... its been just about 3 weeks. He recieved the cards and packet regardless of calling them and cancelling. Now they say to send a letter requesting a cancellation and the packet as well.
    I must Thank J. Krupicka "above" For mentioning the "Cancellation of Policy" request form. I don't know yet if it will even help, or be of any use but atleast we were able to fill it out in hopes that they won't be able to give us too much of a run around and have also made copies of everything! I'll let you know how it goes, good luck to all of you who were screwed by this company! We need to get this out and let everyone know about these crooks!
    Anyone for driving to Texas with me??

N. W.

• Ri
      10th of Sep, 2009

I was told that this would be supplemental ins used in conjunction with medicare but I was lied to. My checking account has been charged for 2 mos. They were supposed to have cancelled it and given me a credit of $368.00. This has not happened yet. i am angry and not sure who or where to turn to.

• Ri
      10th of Sep, 2009

It is impossible to reach this company. I have tried to get in touch with them for 3 weeks. I was told this was cancelled but am still being charged.

• Fl
      24th of Sep, 2009

First off all, all insurance company take your money first-homeowners, auto, life and even united health. You think they give you a policy for free? Thats the 75 bucks dingalong. Secondly the only people that should get this insurance are uninsurable and cant get other coverage- that means you are too fat, sick, or just plain uninusrable. You should be happy that they will get you the coverage to cover all your meds and any sickness or accidents you may have. Be happy you can get something.

• Lu
      24th of Sep, 2009

I truly regret not reading upon this company before I too got scammed. I thought since I got the information through the AARP website, they were ligitimate. I looked them up on the internet after getting off the phone and found all of these complaints. I called aback within 30 minutes and told them I was cancelling what I had just done and was told that I could not. I told them about the numerous complaints I had found and they tried to say that the complaints were against Homeland Healthcare and that the company but that the company that really has the policy is Markel Insurance. They told me that I would have to wait to get the policy before I could cancel it. What a joke. This company is perpetrating fraud. We should all get together and file a class action lawsuit against them. I am in the process of writing everyone I can think of including my State Attorney General's Office. I cannot believe that I have just been scammed by some internet predators.

• Kc
      7th of Oct, 2009

My husband bought this private insurance for me after we were dropped by our state coverage. I desparately needed insurance for my prescriptions and hospital bills, doctor visits and just had an abnormal pap come back so we were pretty desparate. Everything seemed pretty good until I went to the gynecologists and the nurse said that Homeland Healthcare wouldn't cover the visit, the procedure to see if I had cervical cancer, or the lab work, all of which would add up to $500+

Great timing, Homeland Healthcare. I'm cancelling today before you take any more out of our account, theives.

-k

• Ho
      4th of Nov, 2009

Add me to it..I was tricked the same way..If you can write down your contacts or mail them to me at itcitytechie@yahoo.com we can sue this guys...

• Ho
      4th of Nov, 2009

These ppl are junk..I wish the junk guy who sold me use the same [policy for his family...