Home Depot / custom bathroom sink - debacle

1 6210 Seven Corners CtrFalls Church, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7035349580

I ordered a master bathroom vanity set which included a double-bowl granite countertop on 11/11/2005. My husband, a contractor was sent to Iraq nearly a week later and spent (18) months the first time and another (10) months the second time with only (3) weeks of actually being home. During this time, I was not able to have the vanity and sink installed.

On 7/14/08, my husband and I hired a contractor to install the vanity/sink combo. To our dismay, we were informed that the sink was cut incorrectly. The vanity itself was 60" wide that included double sink bowls and a 12" drawer in the middle. The actual sink was cut 60" wide with double sink bowls and no 12" space in between the bowls to accomodate the 12" space in the middle. Therefore, it did not fit. We visited the Home Depot store where purchased on 7/22 and spoke to the department manager "Bob". He informed us that he would contact his corporate office to see what could be done. I contacted 'Bob' on 7/29/08 and was informed that nothing would be done on our behalf due to the length of time involved. While I understand that the length of time was rather long, it does not preclude Home Depot from any wrongdoing on the part of providing a quality product. The representative that initially took the order on 11/11/05 (JAP810) did not properly enter in the specifications correctly. The issue of the wrong size still stands. We would like to have the countertop replace with a comparable one at no charge or not to exceed 50% of retail.

Comments

20th of Oct, 2009

I'm not sure if you got this rectified or not, given the length of time from this complaint, but I work at the Home Depot in Leesburg, VA. I'm still new to the area but I believe that's not more than maybe an hour at best. I could be mistaken, feel free to correct me. Needless to say, I believe if you brought this up at the store that I work at it wouldn't have been so shoddily done. I know we're not supposed to badmouth other stores, but I also believe that a customer should be given the best possible service they can receive. But that's just how I was taught.