Home Depot / custom bathroom sink - debacle
I ordered a master bathroom vanity set which included a double-bowl granite countertop on 11/11/2005. My husband, a contractor was sent to Iraq nearly a week later and spent (18) months the first time and another (10) months the second time with only (3) weeks of actually being home. During this time, I was not able to have the vanity and sink installed.
On 7/14/08, my husband and I hired a contractor to install the vanity/sink combo. To our dismay, we were informed that the sink was cut incorrectly. The vanity itself was 60" wide that included double sink bowls and a 12" drawer in the middle. The actual sink was cut 60" wide with double sink bowls and no 12" space in between the bowls to accomodate the 12" space in the middle. Therefore, it did not fit. We visited the Home Depot store where purchased on 7/22 and spoke to the department manager "Bob". He informed us that he would contact his corporate office to see what could be done. I contacted 'Bob' on 7/29/08 and was informed that nothing would be done on our behalf due to the length of time involved. While I understand that the length of time was rather long, it does not preclude Home Depot from any wrongdoing on the part of providing a quality product. The representative that initially took the order on 11/11/05 (JAP810) did not properly enter in the specifications correctly. The issue of the wrong size still stands. We would like to have the countertop replace with a comparable one at no charge or not to exceed 50% of retail.
More Home Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet 
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes 
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card! 
- American Craftsman Windows At Home Depot - windows 
- Home Depot Store Employee Complaint - Employees 
- Home Depot - Terrible experiance parking at Home Depot
- Home Depot - b-hyve smart wifi indoor sprinkler system 4 channel
- Home Depot - carpet installation process
- Home Depot - ridgid power tool
- Home Depot - service/appliance/damage