Hollister / Company, where managers were not allowed to give their name

I went into Hollister in Wesley Chapel, Florida and wanted to exchange a pair of jeans that were defective. I just wanted to get another pair of jeans. The jeans had been worn once and washed, but they were coming apart and I felt that was not indicative of a quality product that costs $72.00. The Manager was not on the premises. The Assistant Manager was condescending and would not give his name. He said this was Corporate policy. I asked for the District Manager's name and number and was told he could not give that information. He gave me a card with a 1-800 number for customer service in California. He said that was all he was obligated to do. I feel that this was poor customer service. I have never encountered a company where managers were not allowed to give their name, especially in retail. This tells me a lot about Hollister and none of it is good.

Ag

Comments

• Ni
      15th of Feb, 2010

It is clearly noted on the back of the receipt that we do not do exchanges for any merchandise that has been washed or worn. While this was clearly a quality issue, it was at the discretion of the manager whether or not to perform the return. As a company we are not allowed to give out our district manager's telephone numbers but we can give out their extension. We are also encouraged to give out our names to anyone who asks. So while the manager did not follow these policies he was correct in his decision to not return the jeans.

• Az
      18th of Mar, 2010

I spend 850.00 in merchandise I try to return the things 2 weeks later they say no I call custumer service and they say they trained their managers to make their on desicions I say if thats the case then there is no need for customer servise .this happend in mayfair mall in wisconsin . they say it was to much cash. they not even offer a gift card. and everthing was new with the tags on . they force me to keep something I don't want. date. 3/18/2010. hollister should honored the return policy .I received the e mail by customer cervise on 3/18/10

• Ly
      28th of Jan, 2012

I too, am very upset with Hollister. I purchased a winter coat for my granddaughter and after wearing it for 3 weeks, the zipper broke. I took it back to the store and they couldn't help me because they did not have the exact coat in the store to make an exchange. They advised me to contact Hollister in which I did. They told me to mail the coat back to them, and they would either repair the zipper or send me a store credit. That was 2 months ago. Since then, I have repeatedly called and emailed home office, to no avail. Hollister customer service will do nothing and I have never heard from home office. They have my coat, and I have nothing. I called again today, after being told that my store credit would arrive by today-didn't, of coarse, and the rude representative hung up on me. I called back and advised SIERRA to review the recorded phone conversation, as the rep I spoke with refused to give me her name and then hung up on me. I am filing a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General's office. A minor store problem should not have to be escalated to this degree. I am done shopping at Hollister and let this be a warning to other customers-that when there is a problem with merchandise, Hollister will not stand behind their product or help the customer!