Hoffman Fuel / Topping Off my Oil Tank

1 Trumbull, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-6372239

I received an oil delivery April 22 - 82.4 gallons. When I called, they told me the driver was in the area and was topping off my tank. Unbelievable, at $4.34.9 a gallon.

Comments

• La
      31st of Aug, 2008

Stay away from Hoffman Fuel. They would not deliver oil to me under contracted price in June before contract expired said I wasn't due until August we use no oil between April and November . Simply attempting to evade their responsibility. Reported them to BB and tell anyone who will listen to stay away from them.

• Cp
      15th of Sep, 2008

THE ABOVE COMMENT IS ACCURATE, IF THE CUSTOMER IS ON AUTOMATIC DELIVERY NORMALLY THE DELIVERY SCHEDULE DOESNT CHANGE TOO MUCH FROM YEAR TO YEAR.SO IF THE PREVIOUS YEAR YOU HAD NO OIL BETWEEN APRIL AND NOVEMBER BECAUSE YOU DONT USE OIL FOR HOTWATER, WHY WOULD YOU BE IN NEED A DELIVERY THIS YEAR?. AUTOMATIC DELIVERY IS BASED ON DEGREE DAYS. NOT THE PRICE OF OIL. IF OIL PRICES HAD WENT THE OTHER WAY AND WE DELIVERED THE CUSTOMER WOULD HAVE BEEN UPSET.

• Oi
      30th of Sep, 2009

It is very common for the customer wanting to top off just prior to the contract expiration, this way they start off with a full tank as they shop other Oil Companies for a competitive price...this is nothing new and there is nothing wrong with this...what bothers the Oil Company is the fact that they would rather top you off later in the year at a high price, hence a higher profit in their pockets. I like it when they deliver when the price has spiked, and you never really needed the delivery...I'd get a lock for my oil tank...or better yet, don't pay the bill till you need oil, they won't deliver if you're in the rears...i'd rather pay the late charge then have a bill when my budget doesn't allow it.

• Fr
      19th of Jan, 2011

at ALL costs do not deal with their new customer rep, Cora. She is out to get your business no matter what, then changes her story every time you call.AVOID thids company!!!

• Fr
      19th of Jan, 2011

as a new customer, after being told the tank was full from last delivery with another company, they send out truck to deliver 6 gallons of oil.
    The most unimaginably idiotic people in their new customer dept.This is not a company that in good faith I would tell ANYONE to do business with.

26th of Jan, 2015

Hoffman Fuel, Trumbull has sent threatening letters to my daughter and her husband and the company was at fault. My daughter bought a house and the previous owner used Hoffman Fuel. They come over 1 month later and just top off the tank, with no warning and no OK from my daughter. My daughter didn't have any connection with this company and was not using them, and the bill was in the previous owner's name with his account number. The worst part is that the company admitted, in a letter, that they were wrong but want their money and will sue them if they don't have it by a certain date. Before this date they receive another threatening letter with legal fees on it. My daughter has paid the bill and she's still being harassed. Stay away from this oil company!!