Heritage Web Solutions / do not work with this

1 1460 North Moonriver DriveProvo, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 801-655-1600

I hired hws to design a website for me in early may. I was very careful about explaining the details of the website to matthew kenison (sales associate). I drafted up a rough outline and block diagram of what I wanted on each page along with a detailed description of the functionality, all of which I explained to matthew on the phone. Matthew gave me his assurance that they could do the project for around $1, 200. Being bleary of working with a company in another state I made him structure in some payment milestones. I gave them a third down with a third due in a week and a half with the final third due upon my approval of the site. I gave them several documents to use for artwork and pictures along with a link to my corporate website to use as a design guide.

The project was suppose to take 3 weeks to complete. 2 days in to the project I was contacted by an account manager (jay scoby) who immediately started up-selling more features and services. Some of the items he was selling made sense for me so I agreed to the items being added at a cost of $800. I asked jay if that was in addition to what the pricing matthew had quoted to me or if the quote would change, he said he was unaware of what matthew had quoted be but would check into it.

Shortly after the above call jay called again informing me of a special offer to prepay for a year of hosting for some more add-ons. The add-ons were appealing so I signed up for the year of hosting for $524. I again asked for clarification on the previous $800 and a revised quote and he said he would get it resolved.

3 weeks went by and I was not contacted by hws, I called to find out where the project was at and was told I would be contacted by a designer. 1 week later I was contacted by the designer and in another week I finally got to see a draft web page which was nothing more than an entry page and a run-of - the-mill main page with a few graphics on it. Absolutely none of the functionality I asked for was coded into the page after 5 weeks! Sound like stall tactics?

I am not an idiot and I recognize crap when I smell it so I pulled the plug on the project and asked for a refund which I have not seen to this date. 5 plus weeks had passed and I had been given nothing but promises and the run around and the fact that they tried to force me into some cookie cutter website in terms of functionality was evidence enough that hws was not capable of delivering what they promised.

This is a terrible company who promises the world, takes the money ($2, 100), and then fails to return my emails or phone calls so this can be resolved. I wish I would of researched this company before I agreed to anything with them. You've been warned!!!

If any one is interested in the email strings between myself and heritage I will happily forward them.

Comments

• Br
      15th of Jul, 2008

Mr. Reich;

I invite you to communicate with me directly in order to resolve your concerns.

Warm Regards,
    Brad Stone

• Th
      30th of Jun, 2009

I see that Brad Stone put his name on another. I hope that you will find this and let us all know how things went with Mr. Stone.

I had dealings directly with him through emails also. None of the emails I sent to him were answered, rather he would have someone else contact me and give me more run around. I had dealt with them for over a year with no website completed. I was told that I would get a free domain name from them, which I sent my choice of to them, and never got it either. All this company seems to be able to do is stall!!!