Heritage Warranty / Authorized service, but no reimbursement

I had work done on my car Feb. 25, 2008 and as of June 10, 2008 have not received a check reimbursing me for the money I paid out for the service, they keep saying they received the bill and the check is waiting to be made out. They claim it takes 4-8 weeks I guess my way of counting weeks is different then theirs, It amazing how they keep getting new business cause if I did this I would end up in jail for ripping people off but of course they just keep my money & stay in business.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      8th of Aug, 2008

I also had repairs done and authorized on April 10, 2008. No reimbursement yet. Customer service gives me the same excuses. It is now Aug 8, 2008 and still no $. Very frustrating.

• Sh
      15th of Aug, 2008

I had work done June 5 and it's still not been paid. I just saw that the insurance board of South Carolina shut down Heritage there and noted it also had an office in Dublin, OH.

The 800-753-5236 phone dummies still insist they only have 'computer program' access to Heritage, no phone number, they say they are only a third party provider.

Hogwash.

25th of Aug, 2008

I cant Believe they can get away with this crap!! Still waiting for my 300 dollar payment to be reimbursed for a blown alternator of course they are of absolutely no help and threw the same third party trash on me
    Guess im gonna just right this off as a loss. Next time im going with allstate, the mechanic told me they pay him on the phone with a check IMMEDIATELY!! no laying money out if pocket! even if they charge a bit more its way worth it. Not like heriatege where i spent 1500 and didnt see a penny from it

• Ge
      6th of Oct, 2008

As I said earlier, Hope none of you have to go through this.
    Today I was finally able to talk to an actual human being at Heritage administrative services. Mr. Ken Hilliard, 1-614-358-1500 ex 4134, Claims manager for Heritage/ Admisistrative services. Don't listen to the bull, it's the same company. I was amazed to get a lecture from him about my "ATTITUDE"??? That's why Administrative services hasn't called me back after 3+ months and counting. Not to mention the 50 or so voice mails that they didn't respond to???
    This number was provide to me by the person who actually answer's the phone for Mr, El Zayn( company president/owner)
    614-358-3605
    The short story is that Mr. Hilliard told me that the state of South Carolina has frozen the assets of Heritage admisistrative services/ Heritage Warrenty and I would have to figure out how to contact them on my own...
    803-737-6160 is the number for the state of South Carolina Dpt. of Insurance. The point of contact is Sahra Pagent, I have not made contact with Ms. Pagent, but will update you when I find out more info.
    This should speak volumes about a company... Sorry we can't pay you now because our deceptive and misleading buisness practices have our assetts frozen for the time being???
    Another interesting tidbit. I found a Website this weekend,
    HeritageWarrantyScam.com. I thought I was Pissed!!! but this guy must have really been taken by Heritage. He had sattleite photos of the Mr. El Zayn/Owner's along with Peter Knolla's (Company secretary), house, home address and home phone numbers.
    That site is temporarily down after this weekend, for reasons unknown??? but I'm sure it will soon be back up soon.

I LOVE POEPLE WHO FIGHT BACK!!!

As soon as I figure out how to recieve payment from Heritage I will post this info for all of the others who are in the same boat.
    Don't let this company take your money and leave you holding the bag.
    Hope this has been helpful.
    Been taken by Heritage, E-Mail me at gdalkiewicz@yahoo.com

• Ge
      6th of Oct, 2008

# Gerald Dalkiewicz
    Saturday, October 04, 2008 2:54 PM
    email]
    hope that the many people who purchased a Heritage warranty don't have to go through the ordeal that I am going through. My wife and I purchased an RV in 04, at the same time we purchased a Heritage Platinum RV warraanty... In July of 08 we had our first and only claim. I called the number on my contract and had my claim approved by Sam (These spine less employees will never give their last name) at Heritage Administrative Service, (1-800-753-5236 ex 4137). Everything seemed ok, I was told that I could pay the bill ($2439.55) minus my $50.00 deductible and Heritage will have my check in the mail ASAP. I paid the bill. I was told that Heritage would hold up their end of the contract...
    This was a done deal in July of 08. As of today, October of 08, I have seen nothing from Heritage.
    In fact I have called every number in my contract and get the same answer... We are a third party agency and can't give you any one who is actually associated with Heritage to talk with. We only have a computer program that links us to Heritage, other than that we can't give you any number to a Heritage representitave or anyone who took your money, Bla, Bla, Bla... These people are puppets of the higher ups in management.
    I paid $3000.00 for this warranty. I paid $2, 439.56 for the covered repair. As of now I am out $5, 439.56
    Heritage claims that the warranty coverage could exceed the cost of the vehicle.
    I say B.S.
    They want your money and will give you nothing in return...
    I am just an average person, I work hard every day, I pay my bills, I don't take advantage of anyone. Our dream was to buy an RV and enrich our lives. Not a new one, something that we could afford, but I worked my tail off to afford it...
    After months of getting a run around, I am not going to take this any more.
    I paid for a product... I WILL NOT HAVE MY HARD EARNED MONEY STOLEN BY HERITAGE ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES...
    After months of research I have foound the following.

Company owner. Haytham Elzaym
    400 Metro Place N.
    Suite 300
    Doublin, Ohio 43017

Phone number of the assistant of the CEO
    614-358-3605
    Also if the person who answers the phone tells you that you are in touch with Dimension, not Heritage. It's B.S. also...
    Haytham Elzaym owns both company's.
    I have a complaint with the Ohio Attorney Gereral's Office. 1-800-282-0515 against Heritage. This office is very helpful with scammers like Heritage.
    I would like to thank Greg Gerber from RV Industries News for helping me with my journey
    Gerald Dalkiewicz

• Bo
      29th of Oct, 2008

Here is the secret to getting paid. File a claim with your own State Attorney General and ask that they contact the Ohio Attorney General (Consumer Protection Section) on your behalf. I did that and Ohio sent a letter to Heritage and they sent me a check for ($719). Four months late but I got it.

Good Luck

• Se
      20th of May, 2009

We had work done on our excursion in October 2008 because of a problem at Kendall Ford our claim was not filed until December 2008. It is currently May 2009 I call every other week and I have still not been reimbursed for the money Heritage owes me. I have filed a Better Business Complaint against them and they ignored it. How do we get our money? Guess like you all we are screwed. How can they do this? I want Kendall Ford to pay but they won't, the dealership that sold us the warranty won't do anything to help us either.

13th of Jun, 2009

I bought an RV and was sold a refund guaranty warranty by the dealer. It was $ 1497.00. Have a contract that states that if no claims are paid on the warranty at the end of 48 months I will be refunded the full amount of $ 1497.00. I had no claims and the contract was up on Febuary 23, 2009. I only had 30 days to submit the paper work for the refund. They first tried to say that they never received the paper work. I had sent it with delivery conformation, so I proved them wrong on that issue. Now they are telling me that it is under review from the company (which you cannot speak to any one at) for final approval. It is now June 13, 2009and still nothing. I think I am going to see if I can pursue Theft charges against them for stealing my money. I paid up front and have no claims, so I feel as though they have stolen my money. I will post back after I talk with legal counsel.

• Ti
      7th of Jul, 2009

We to have been taken by Heritage and are pursuing legal help with the Great State Of Ohio which the company is running in under several different names. We have filed complaints with Attorney General in the State of Oklahoma & Ohio. Please we are asking everyone to ban together on this scam.

Tim & Lori

• Gg
      12th of Aug, 2009

I too have been taken these scam artists. Filed a claim in April, 2009 for authorized repairs...nothing. I'm filing a claim tomorrow with the Attorney General in both Arizona and Ohio. If anyone knows a better way to approach this, please let me know...please let us all know! I'm ready for a class action suit. As someone else commented, for everyone of us that complains here, there must 500 that are siliently being taken.

Gregg W

• Li
      26th of Aug, 2009

I am contacting the attorney generals office in my state (CT) and doing as suggested by Bob Johnson. Unfortunately in this case calling the "third party" telephone number for Heritage will get just about all of us no where. I am mailing out a letter with all correspondence I have and pleading my case. I am looking at this as an "inexpensive" lesson. I will not ever purchase an after market warranty for my vehicle again. Factory warranties only!! I was able to have the garage that did the work on my car agree to be reimbursed by Heritage $760.12. They are now calling me looking for answers and money. My hope is that they are patient with me while I show them all my efforts. It is not their fault nor is it mine but unfortunately the bill has to end up in someones lap... Good luck all.

• Ha
      7th of Sep, 2010

My husband and I purchased a warranty contract with Heritage back in 2004 at the time we purchased our 2003 motor home. The purchase price for the warranty was $1987.00.
    The warranty was to take effect at the end of the factory warranty. We made our first claim to date on August 2nd, 2010 for $126.15. After paying a $50.00 deductible the third party agreed to pay a reimbursement fee of $65.70. On Sept 7th today, I contacted the third party which btw is the phone number listed on the front page of the Heritage contract warranty. When I inquired as to when I might expect my reimbursement check I was told June 30th, 2013 !! After an exaulsting argument of discussion I contacted the Ohio Attorney General office, dept of Consumer Protection and filed a claim. It is no longer about the $$$ but the idea of warning others and trying to stop these scammers from making one more person a victim. These people belong behind bars for life.