HelpMeDownLoad.com / misleading sale of useless services
This company uses deceptive practices to obtain subscriptions to their services. I was looking for the Avast anti-virus free download so I searched for "avast download" and their page came up ahead of Avast in the Google search ranking. I actually thought that Avast was now charging $12 for a three year subscription to their services when I agreed to pay. It turned out that I had agreed to pay $36 for the three year subscription to helpmedownload.com ($12 per year). In addition, there were check boxes on the website that would sign me up for additional services for monthly fees. I think I unchecked them all but I might have missed one. I won't know if I am up for monthly fees until I start getting billed. This company has phone numbers to call but they don't answer their phones. They don't have any cancellation policy that I am aware of.
They offer downloads that are free from other websites. They leach off of legitimate businesses like Avast with some help from Google page ranking. They are not a legitimate business. However, they may be keeping themselves barely on the right side of the law.
I don't know what Google can do about them but at least their page ranking could be taken down to a step below the legitimate companies they leach business off of.
James M Spencer
More HelpMeDownLoad.com Complaints & Reviews
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - account debited. 
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - Credit card charges 
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - unwanted payment for no product, total cancellation requested 
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - AVG ripoff scheme 
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - Unauthorised Direct Debit set up on my Bank Account 
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - Scam trap
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - debit charges 
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - Rip off 
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - Unauthorized charges 
- HelpMeDownLoad.com - Scam charges