Harrows / refusal to stand behind their merchandise

1 Para, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2012620100

On 7/25/09 my husband and I purchased 10 x 10 gazebo from Harrows in Paramus, NJ. When asked, cashier and salesman told us we had a 10 day return policy. Because of rainy weather, we didn't attempt to assemble the gazebo until 8/2/09. That afternoon we assembled the gazebo on a protected deck in our yard. A moderate rainstorm came through and after about 3 hours of being up, metal parts of the gazebo cracked. They were rusted through.

On 8/3/09 we attemped to return the gazebo to Harrows (within 10 days) was only offered a replacement of the obviously defective product. We told the manager that we didn’t want a replacement for an obviously defective product, we wanted a refund. He told us that these backyard gazebos are not made to withstand a rain storm and that warrantees did not cover an "act of God."

This seems to be their story policy.

Gr

More Harrows Complaints & Reviews

Comments

8th of Sep, 2010

Bought a 48" round table for the deck from Harrow's on 8/09/10. The table was delivered on 08/18. On 09/08 the glass top exploded. Harrow's says it's not their concern and they don't warranty it. I was told that at all times the table isn't being used the umbrella should be removed as that was, in their opinion, the cause of the glass shattering.
    Their rep also said that if I bought a new car and the glass all shattered for no apparant reason and within a month of delivery the auto manufacturer would deny my claims.
    Never again will I deal with such a garbage business.

• Do
      8th of Sep, 2010

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an inconvenience on their part.

6th of May, 2011

We puchased a 15 x 26 foot oval semi inground pool 18 months ago from Harrows. It was installed by Jack of Vertical-Horizon Pools. This company was sent out by Harrows. It is now empty and partially collapsed because it was installed wrong and Paul from Harrows says its not there responsibility even though they talked us into the "very best waranty" Now we are faced with getting the pool fixed and suing the installer and Harrows for the repairs. By the way we have waited over a month for them to even reply. Paul should be fired. Thanks Paul from Lake Grove Harrows for absolutely proving that there are still liars and cheats. $5000 lesson.

• Am
      28th of Jun, 2012

We bought a 24 foot round pool in May 2011 from Harrows in Lake Grove. The pool was completely empty by December. Paul told us to call the installer to come and check out the pool. Jack of Vertical-Horizon Pools told us on the phone he would not come out because it was too cold anyway and he would call us in the spring. Well it is now June and Paul from after weeks of calling Paul and Jack, Jack finally came out and says there was no seam leak. I guess it was a bad install. Paul from Harrows proceeds to tell me there are probably bugs under my liner. Well bugs do not survive in vermiculite and they dont eat vinyl I had the a huge fight with Paul on the phone to no avail He should be fired. I told Paul to stop handing out Jacks cards and am calling the district manager in the morning. I am so angry I feel like going on the road by Harrows with signs to warn people of their shoddy products and their advertising that Harrows cares. What a crock. A $4000 lesson for me.

• Sh
      7th of Jul, 2014

Jack may not be licensed by the Suffolk County Department of Consumer affairs to install pools. When he installed mine he wasn't licensed only found out because I had a problem with his install.I would check with them before letting this idiot on your property.
    He leaves a mess. Doesn't stand behind his work and will try to overcharge you.
    DO NOT USE VERTICAL HORIZONS POOLS.