Hanson's / Poor Customer Service

1 977 E. 14 MileTroy, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-Hansons

Upon signing the contract for replacement siding on my house, Hansons first told us it would be 6-8 weeks before the install, so it was okay to take time picking out a color. 1 week later, they called and said they were coming out in the next few days, so we had to pick out a color immediately. We did so, and scheduled a date for the work to be done. My wife took the day off work, without pay, to be there when the workers came. Not only did Hansons not show up, they didn't even call to tell us why they weren't coming. We were frustrated by Hansons neglect of respect for our time, so I called to ask for financial restitution for my wife's wages. Upon speaking with the President, I explained the situation and although he was very courteous, he said they couldn't do anything to help. I then asked to speak with the owner, Brian Elias, so he forwarded my call to him. When Brian picked up the phone, I told him my name and asked if he was briefed on the situation. Without provocation, Brian launched an immediate verbal attack on me saying that he didn't care who I was or what I wanted, he wouldn't do anything to help me. I was stunned by his response and asked if he knew what the situation was. Brian responded by saying it didn't matter what I was calling about, that he deals with "people like me" every day, and he could care less what I had to say. I asked him if this is how he treats all his customers and he said, only the difficult ones (again, this was all unprovoked, as I said nothing up front other than my name). I then told him that if this is how he treats his customers, I would rather not do business with Hansons and will pull my business away. Brian immediately responded saying that he didn't care if I pulled it because he he would just sue me for breach of contract. I again was shocked and asked how could he expect to run a business treating people like this. He again said he didn't care what I thought and backed me into a corner...get the work done or get sued. No matter what I tried to say to or ask of Brian, he treated me with utter disrespect and rudeness. I told him that I would have no choice but to get the work done, but promised to make sure everyone I know is made aware of his business practices...which I have held true to since the day I spoke with Brian. THIS IS A WARNING...DO NOT USE HANSON'S. GO ONLINE AND DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH...YOU WILL SEE THAT BRIAN ELIAS TREATS ALL HIS CUSTOMERS THIS WAY. THERE ARE MANY SIMILAR COMPLAINTS, AS BRIAN ELIAS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANYONE...HE IS ONLY CONCERNED WITH TAKING YOUR MONEY!!!

Ga

Comments

• Di
      27th of Sep, 2010

6 weeks to date since the start of my NEW roof and HANSONS is still not done FIXING all of the mistakes that were made after an inspections... after the roofers completed the sloppy job, the roofers cut my siding, HANSONS had to send out a siding crew which took 3 visits! .., they then sent out a team to fix the FLASHING mistakes..Said they would return to install a vent that they "forgot" to install... still waiting! NOW they need to fix my Gutters that they damaged... Still waiting for a reply as to a date that they will return.. WHAT A JOKE.. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY... THE COMMERCIALS ON TV ARE ALL STAGED.. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT NOTHING BUT THE $$$$!!!