Halliburton Oil & Gas Malaysia / Scam job offer

Malaysia Review updated:
4.95
This offer did not come from Halliburton.
I got an e-mail from a company, calling themselves Halliburton Oil & Gas Malaysia. They stated that they had found my resume on the web, and thought I was well qualified for their position of Senior Field Supervisor. I replied postively and the next day I received an offer letter and a contract (emblazoned with HALLIBURTON across each page). The materials looked so convincing, I truely thought it was from Halliburton. The person's name on the letter was Najib Muhamad. He ask that I print the contract, sign it, scan it, with a photo-copy of my passport, and e-mail it back to them. They would send me airline tickets when they received these items, and I was to travel to Malaysia.

I did not have a passport, so I e-mailed them I would have to wait until I could aquire that document. This was my saving grace, as I would have transmitted those documents to them then immediately.

There was one artivle in the contract I was not clear on due, to the language used. When I questioned Najib about it, he didn't give a clear answer. Needless to say, I felt uneasy and decided I had better check wit Halliburton in Houston, Texas. One of the high ranking executives with Halliburton informed me they did not handle job offers in that fashion, and I should not commit any information to them. They have their Security Force looking into it.

I do not know what the scam was, but would like to. If anyone can inform me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sid Phillips

Comments

Ma
  3rd of Jan, 2009
Never believe an unsolicited e-mail or an e-mail forward, it's that simple. You will avoid 99% of scams that way.
Ma
  3rd of Jan, 2009
iam also like suwaneesid some one send me an email from halliburton oil & gas malysia from person called najib mohammed & told me HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENTHALLIBURTON OIL AND GAS (MALAYSIA) 11th Floor, Menara Tan & Tan207, Jalan Tun Razak50400 Kuala LumpurMALAYSIA Tel: +60 1436 27161
told me to
ATTN: APPLICANT INTERNATIONAL EXPATRIATE OFFICIAL JOB ONLINE INTERVIEW Your name has been shortlisted/Chosen among the Lucky expatriates who submitted the CV to the MALAYSIA ONLINE JOB, before we will issue you the Success Letter and the Contract Document You have to fill the following informations and send it back to us Via-Email: recruitment.halliburton@live.comFull Names City: State: Country: Zip code: Sex: Phone: AGE: MARITAL STATUS: Get back to me as soon as possible. Bar. Najib Mohamed Head of Recruitment Service HALLIBURTON OIL AND GAS (MALAYSIA)
and i did so then send me another e mail like u attached by letter of agreement but i didnt send any thing to them till now, , , before i will make sure that this e mail is true ...but i dont know if this one is true or false i need any one to answer me ...please
Mo
  19th of Jan, 2009
That what happened to me
firstly I got e mail from info@halliburtonoilgas.com asked me to full some information and send it to halliburtonoilgas@live.com.my
after that I got an e-mail that I was well qualified for their position of Senior Field Supervisor. I received an offer letter and a contract
I did not have a passport, so I e-mailed them I would have to wait until I could aquire that document. he raply that he will wait
wt should I do
should I send decoument
If he is a thief wt will he do by it
please advise me if u can
Ka
  22nd of Jan, 2009
I received the same job offer from him and this seems fake 2 me ... don't provide any information to them
Al
  22nd of Jan, 2009
I got the same email like this from him ( bar najib mohamed), I had send some document like passport scanned, but in the process he ask me to send some money US $ 850.198. But I didn't sent it. tese money to proceed the VISA and work permit residence.
So far still progress till I read these complaint.

So After I read these complaint I don't believe any more.

Thanks
La
  23rd of Jan, 2009
i have received the same series of mails

please halliburton should save applicants by placing a recognized number where we can call and confirm

larry
Ch
  2nd of Feb, 2009
These scam letter that are offering poeple employment after saying that they got a hold of your CV on the internet are quite disturbing. I received one from "Halliburton" offereing me the position of Field suprevisor but was not very comfortable with it as they did not even offer to interview me for a position with such good benefits. I have always been applying for international jobs and maybe that exposes me to these unsrupulous people.

I will still continue to apply for international jobs though I am very careful and check out any offers. This has been my second major scam offer. I hope you continue alerting poeple like me to look out for these people.

Mrs Chileshe Mfula Chapoloko
Bi
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Received such letter of agreement also but in view of all these good offer, I don't believe because the wordings are not clear and take note that the offer is so high for a supervisory position.

I'm a senior engineer dealings with design and consultancy works and the rate internationally
are not that figures, so I'm giving precautions to the people / applicants who are searching a job internationally that be smart enough to ignore such documents which looks like genuine and
legal to avoid any grievances in the future.

Thanks for all the informations and keep the goodness to all mankind.

More power and God Bless.

Billy
Vi
  4th of Feb, 2009
I am also get a job letter from Hlliburton Oil & Gas. This company give me a offer letter without any intwrew and question. and give many facility to us . We all know that it is not possible so we can undstend this is a frod company.

I am asking to all comapy are frod . how we can dicided who is readly or who is frod.

I thingk goverment to do something in this area for safity normal people.

All are be careful . If anybody ask to give mony ples dont give.
Fi
  5th of Feb, 2009
oh my gosh!
I just sent all detail information on me.. and find it must be a fake bloody hell fishing mail...

want Gmail to investigate the email account: oil.halliburton4@gmail.com...
Ro
  9th of Feb, 2009
I too got the same e-mail from a guy named najib mohamed, after getting several letters via e-mail, it was just too good to be true, the amount of money being offered without an interview or any of the other screening processes..as well as the "immigration services" office wanting me to send them $850+in visa and work/residence fees, ...the joker has called me saying to just follow the directions, they are not difficult, I told him that I had sent all the info to Houston to be checked out by the main office...end of story...RON in new orleans
Ni

PHONE NO : (KSA) 0096 0564359260
(INDIA) 0091 9825936776
E-MAIL : nileshpatelnilu@yahoo.co.in

OBJECTIVE:
To Obtain a Challenging, Satisfying, and Bright Career Preferably With a Dynamic Organization Which Can Giving Me Ample Opportunity to Grow Professionally.

SUMARRY:
Dynamic And Hard Working Technician With An Experience Of More Than 4Years In The Field Of Instrument Technician For Petrochemicals And Steel Industries In India And Overseas. I Have Developed The Skills For Project Calibration, Installation, Termination and Loop Check During The Execution Of Projects.

PROFILE:
Establishing Instant Rapport Together With Hard Working to Lialise With Company And Co. Workers.
Good Exposure to Most of the Field Instruments and Control Systems Widely Used In Petrochemicals Process Instrumentation.
Able To Analyze Situation And Handle Assignment Under Pressure.

CAREER PROFILE:

COMPANY : M.S.AL-SUWAIDI INDUSTRIAL SERVICES CO. LTD.
P.O.Box : 991-Jubail 31951-K.S.A.
Reputed K.S.A.Company For SABIC And SAUDI ARAMCO.
PERIOD : NOVEMBER 2006 TO DATE
JOB TITLE : INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (YANSAB)
CLIENT : FLUOR ARABIA LTD. (CANADA)

JOB PROFILE:

As a Instrument Technician In a Hadeed Steel Plant (jubail) Do The Job Of Proximiter Sensor Install, Sov Maintenance And Loop Check.
As a Instrument Technician In a Ibn Sina (National Methonal Company) (jubail) Do The Job Of Transmitter, Pressure Gauge, Temp Gauge, Pressure Switch Calibration, Control Valve Stock Check, Thermocouple And Rtd Check.

As a Instrument Technician In a Petrokemya (Vcm, Pvc plant) (jubail) Do The Job Of Transmitter, Pressure Gauge, Temp Gauge, Pressure Switch Calibration, Control Valve Stock Check, Thermocouple And Rtd Check.
As a Instrument Technician In a Sadaf (jubail).
Do The Job Of Transmitter, Pressure Gauge, Temp Gauge, Pressure Switch Calibration, Control Valve Stock Check, Thermocouple And Rtd Check, Bentley Nevada-3300 Probe Installation.

As a Instrument Technician In a Yanbu National Petrochemical Company. (YANSAB)
Do The Job Of Calibration And Installation Of Transmitter (Yokogawa) Japan (Ft, Pt, Tt, Dp, Lt). Pressure Switch, Pressure Gauge, Temp Gauge, Rtd, Thermocouple.
Junction Box Glanding And Termination, Megger And Continuity.

COMPANY : PRINCE ENGG. WORKS.
PERIOD : SEPTEMBER 2003 TO NOVEMBER 2006
JOB TITLE : INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN
CLIENT : ESSAR STEEL LTD. SURAT, (HAZIRA), GUJARAT, INDIA.

JOB PROFILE:

CALIBRATION AND MAINTAINANCE OF FOLLOWING INSTRUMENTS WITH MAKE:
Transmitter (Ft, Pt, Tt, Lt, Dp)
Make: - Rosemount, Yokogawa, Abb, Honeywell

Make:- Yokogawa, Abb

Plc Loop Checking
Make:- Siemens, L&T

CALIBRATORS:
Druck Pressure Calibrator (Dpi- 610, 615), Dead Weight Tester.
Hart Communicator (Model- 268, 275, 375)
Naoman Temp. Calibrator, Radix Micro Calibrator.

EDUCATION:
S.S.C. Pass From Gujarat State Education Board Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India In March-2000
H.S.C.Pass From Gujarat State Education Board Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India In Oct-2005
Instrument Mechanic I.T.I. (NCVT) In Bilimora, Gujarat, India In July-2003

Religion : Hindu
Passport Details : No: B-0033273
Date Of Expiry : 29-06-2019
Current Salary : Good
Current Location : Yansab Project (Sabic Group)
Yanbu, AI-Sinahyah, (K.S.A)
Expected Salary : Fair With Benefits
Notice Period : 60 Days For Releving From Present Employment
Place : Yanbu, AI-Sinahyah, (K.S.A)

Thanking You,

(NILESH B. PATEL)
Ni
  11th of Feb, 2009
4 th march i will go saudi arabia. please give me quick replay.i am very hard worker.
Mo
thanks for the information
i got the same emails in last week . and he sent for me the same position and the same contract .

same sender name :
and that the last email :

------------------------------------

we have confirmed your mail, and in the attachment you will find the
letter of agreement form. You need not courier the hard copy of any
filled form as the copy you mailed to me is enough. All you need do is
send back to me via email.We do not want to be a burden on you.
All the positions includes the benefits listed below:
1. Three Bedroom Flat Duplex
2. Medical & Travel Insurance
3. 10 Days Leave / break/ Vacation after every 90 working days
4. Flight Fares (Air Tickets)
5. Education Scheme to expatriates children/family
6. Toyota Camry 2008 2.0 V Model.
7. Your Job Postion with our company is the place of Senior Field
supervisor as the Head of department of every foreign Contractors both
on shore and offshore.
8. SALARY IS THE TOTAL SUM OF $29, 000.00 USD (TWENTY NINE THOUSAND
UNITED STATES DOLLARS)
9. WORKING SCHEDULE; MONDAY - THURSDAY.
Note: The nature of your job, is the place of Senior Field supervisor,
as right now our company is currently having a new Refinery Plant here
in Malaysia, And since you will be the New Senior field supervisor
every foreign contractors here in Malaysia will have to report to you,
so you can authorize the report to the united states of America, for
work previews.
You are to send us these documents:
A. A copy of Reference Letter.
B. Scanned copy of your International Passport.
The Documents should be provide to us through scan e-mail attachment
for fast processing, because all the positions need expatriates who
can be able to start up employment on 20 Febuary2009, and all the
arrangement need to be made as fast as possible.
Further Informations:-
Below are more informations about the nature of your job and further
more informations about provision of Hlliburton Oil & Gas Inc.
1. Accomodation & Location -; Be informed that you will be living /
base in Sarawak, Malaysia, which is even more closer to office, If you
take this job offer. You will living alone with your Family if any in
a duplet in Hlliburton Finest Estate Sarawak.
Note: The appartment is fully Furnished has every necessary requirments in it.

2.Nature of Job & Responsibilities -; Your Job position is the place
of SENIOR FIELD SUPERVISOR
Responsibilities-;
(a.) Assist and support the company in getting reports from our new
plant construction currently going on.
(b.) Get full details of reports from Sub-supervisor from every departments
(c.) If satisfied, With the presented reports or documents,
Authorize and sign for approval But if not satisfied with the reports
or documents, Decline reports and documents for proper completion of
reports or documents.
(d.) Supervision must be done every duty time (Working Hours Only).
(e.) All reports must be sent to Hlliburton Oil & Gas Headquaters, in United
states for international preview.

3. Work vacation-; Having your leave depends on when and what time
you want it, as your leave / vacation can be accumlated for you to
have your vacation at the time you want. It must not be after 90 days,
After 90 days, if you want you can have your leave but if not you can
have it when you really want.
4.Salary/ Payment-; Salaries are paid every month, Which indications
5.Contract Duration / Contract Re-newal -; After contract is over
for the duration of contract signed, we have alots of opportunity to
either renew contract with the company or become fully employed, but
certainly Amalco has a good record of retaining Contractors/workers. As
we are entitled to reduce Un employment around the world.
6. Airfare / Transportation-;
Note: Our company will help send to you an appointment & invitation
letter to be send to the Malaysia Immigration contacts that will be
given to you. Our company wouldn't be responsible for visa/work
permit charges as this is clearly stated in the Letter of Agreement.
But Immediately the Immigration visa / work permit is
approved, Hlliburton Oil & Gas Inc. will send Flight tickets, as noted
already Toyota Camry 2008 2.4G model in on standby upon employee's
arrival.
7. Reimbursement -; If it happens that Employee made any charges
on company's half, It's stated in company's policy, that employee/
worker must be reimbursed with additional 10% of the total Funds
spent. So every Worker / employee is well guarantee of reimbursement.
8. Hospitality & Medical Aid -; Every employee working with Hallibuton Oil
is entitle to Full health requirements, As there is always free
Medical Aid/Free hospitaly for employee & Family to ensure proper
health functions for our workers. Every Hospital Bills are being
taking care of by Hlliburton Oil & Gas Inc.
9 Education –; Hallibuton provide free education for every employee's child/
Children, At the same time Hlliburton will help to give workers more
training and further education of necessary.
Bar. Najib Mohamed

------------------------
so

for all take care when you receive any email same like that
it is unreal
and there are many doing the same

take care

thanks for all
Ed
  17th of Feb, 2009
Friends,

I suggest that any unexpected offer for whatever purposes it may serve, check the net first type scam after the word you are searching and you will surely be enlightened.

Cheers,

Edgardo
Ja
  23rd of Feb, 2009
I recieved mail from Bar. Najib Mohamed that I had job at Halliburton Oil & Gas Malaysia as Senior Field Supervisor
He ask that I print the contract, sign it, scan it, with a photo-copy of my passport, and e-mail it back to them. They would send me airline tickets when they received. I did that and later they send me Invitation and appointment letter.
After that, he told me to contact "Immigration Services" for Visa and residence permit. After I had contact the immigration service, the immigration service send me visa form to fill and attached passport size picture and processing & visa fees of $850.88. I just recieved it right now so I decided to find out if it is 419 or fake.
Your swift responds would be very much appreciated
James
Te
  24th of Feb, 2009
Damn its him...
Ro
  24th of Feb, 2009
Thank you so much for the information guys, below is the exactly message i received from them..again thank you, it helps me a lot.

HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
HALLIBURTON OIL AND GAS (MALAYSIA)
11Th Floor, Menara Tan & Tan
207, Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
MALAYSIA,
Tel: +60 1436 27161
ATTN: APPLICANT INTERNATIONAL EXPATRIATE OFFICIAL JOB ON-LINE INTERVIEW Your name has been shortlisted/Chosen among the Lucky expatriates who
submitted the CV to the MALAYSIA ON-LINE JOB, before we will issue you the
Success Letter and the Contract Document You have to fill the following
information's and send it back to us
Via-Email: halliburton3.oil.gas@gmail.com Names City: State: Country: Zip code: Sex: Phone: AGE:
MARITAL STATUS: Get back to me as soon as possible. Bar. Najib Mohamed
Head of Recruitment Service HALLIBURTON OIL AND GAS (MALAYSIA).
Fe
  25th of Feb, 2009
Friends,

Here's a piece of advice... Next time you received the same scheme ask for the official website of the company...If they don't reply that means a scam... Normally they use the websites of yahoo, gmail, hotmail, ect. Don't get over excited once you got an email like this...Use your mind over emotions or else you'll be a victim...And don't ever call them... Any company wishes to interview or hire you normally takes the initiative of calling you and not the other way around.

Ferdie A.
Ji
  2nd of Mar, 2009
got the same email like this from him ( bar najib mohamed), I had send some document like passport scanned.
and he offered me these facilities

we have confirmed your mail, and in the attachment you will find the
letter of agreement form. You need not courier the hard copy of any
filled form as the copy you mailed to me is enough. All you need do is
send back to me via email.We do not want to be a burden on you.
All the positions includes the benefits listed below:
1. Three Bedroom Flat Duplex
2. Medical & Travel Insurance
3. 10 Days Leave / break/ Vacation after every 90 working days
4. Flight Fares (Air Tickets)
5. Education Scheme to expatriates children/family
6. Toyota Camry 2008 2.0 V Model.
7. Your Job Postion with our company is the place of Senior Field
supervisor as the Head of department of every foreign Contractors both
on shore and offshore.
8. SALARY IS THE TOTAL SUM OF $29, 000.00 USD (TWENTY NINE THOUSAND
UNITED STATES DOLLARS)
9. WORKING SCHEDULE; MONDAY - THURSDAY.
Note: The nature of your job, is the place of Senior Field supervisor,
as right now our company is currently having a new Refinery Plant here
in Malaysia, And since you will be the New Senior field supervisor
every foreign contractors here in Malaysia will have to report to you,
so you can authorize the report to the united states of America, for
work previews.
You are to send us these documents:
A. A copy of Reference Letter.
B. Scanned copy of your International Passport.
The Documents should be provide to us through scan e-mail attachment
for fast processing, because all the positions need expatriates who
can be able to start up employment on 20 Febuary2009, and all the
arrangement need to be made as fast as possible.
Further Informations:-
Below are more informations about the nature of your job and further
more informations about provision of Hlliburton Oil & Gas Inc.
1. Accomodation & Location -; Be informed that you will be living /
base in Sarawak, Malaysia, which is even more closer to office, If you
take this job offer. You will living alone with your Family if any in
a duplet in Hlliburton Finest Estate Sarawak.
Note: The appartment is fully Furnished has every necessary requirments in it.

2.Nature of Job & Responsibilities -; Your Job position is the place
of SENIOR FIELD SUPERVISOR
Responsibilities-;
(a.) Assist and support the company in getting reports from our new
plant construction currently going on.
(b.) Get full details of reports from Sub-supervisor from every departments
(c.) If satisfied, With the presented reports or documents,
Authorize and sign for approval But if not satisfied with the reports
or documents, Decline reports and documents for proper completion of
reports or documents.
(d.) Supervision must be done every duty time (Working Hours Only).
(e.) All reports must be sent to Hlliburton Oil & Gas Headquaters, in United
states for international preview.

3. Work vacation-; Having your leave depends on when and what time
you want it, as your leave / vacation can be accumlated for you to
have your vacation at the time you want. It must not be after 90 days,
After 90 days, if you want you can have your leave but if not you can
have it when you really want.
4.Salary/ Payment-; Salaries are paid every month, Which indications
5.Contract Duration / Contract Re-newal -; After contract is over
for the duration of contract signed, we have alots of opportunity to
either renew contract with the company or become fully employed, but
certainly Amalco has a good record of retaining Contractors/workers. As
we are entitled to reduce Un employment around the world.
6. Airfare / Transportation-;
Note: Our company will help send to you an appointment & invitation
letter to be send to the Malaysia Immigration contacts that will be
given to you. Our company wouldn't be responsible for visa/work
permit charges as this is clearly stated in the Letter of Agreement.
But Immediately the Immigration visa / work permit is
approved, Hlliburton Oil & Gas Inc. will send Flight tickets, as noted
already Toyota Camry 2008 2.4G model in on standby upon employee's
arrival.
7. Reimbursement -; If it happens that Employee made any charges
on company's half, It's stated in company's policy, that employee/
worker must be reimbursed with additional 10% of the total Funds
spent. So every Worker / employee is well guarantee of reimbursement.
8. Hospitality & Medical Aid -; Every employee working with Hallibuton Oil
is entitle to Full health requirements, As there is always free
Medical Aid/Free hospitaly for employee & Family to ensure proper
health functions for our workers. Every Hospital Bills are being
taking care of by Hlliburton Oil & Gas Inc.
9 Education –; Hallibuton provide free education for every employee's child/
Children, At the same time Hlliburton will help to give workers more
training and further education of necessary.
Bar. Najib Mohamed