H R Block / Service and Charges

3959 Rivermark Plazza
Sata Clara
Phone: 4084299570
Yesterday I received a coupon to get FREE secind look (review) of my already prepared Tax for 2008. Since I had many scenarios, I thought I will take advantage of this and get it reviewed by an experienced professional.

I went to this Santa Clara Office after taking an appointment with a gentleman there. He was very enthusiastic but when I showed the coupon he became dull and said he has to find out about it. Well he came back and said, he will honor it. But later he showed this was only valid till a day ago. I wonder why HR block sent this coupon after expiry date? But that was no issue to me. I told him that I am happy to pay for his service.
He was happy to hear that too. But he said, I am not able to finish this in this time and need to finish this later this afternoon. Why dont I pay the fee, go home and expect a call in the morning to come and pick up the review.

I waited for 5.3 hours, left a couple messages with a very unprofessional front desk lady and still no one called!!
Finally I took anothe3r appointment pretending I want a new tax return. When I arrived, the gentleman said, he could not finish it because it was not a priority for him. The cases with tax filing are priority. WOW!! no one told me this. What is guarantee it will not be elayed anymore?? This was ridiculous. When I asked to cancel it and refund my money, they simply refused and were not co-operative.

This place is horrible!!!