GT Xpress 101 / Ordering scam!

I watched the info-merical on the GT Xpress 101 meal maker and called to get this great deal, two payments and a second one free ( with shipping ). What I got was a total of 4 of these bogus machines for total of $79.80, shipping charges of $63.75, and a $9.95 recipe collection charge. I called the company's 1-800 number and spoke with the rudest person alive ( Faye ) and told her I did not order this third and fourth machine, she told me I must have because the company sent it to me, right? I just wanted to return these and get a refund of the machine $39.90 and the shipping $31.87 and the $9.95 for the recipes. She said fine, but no refund on the shipping charges. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, she said no, she was handling my problem. I kept insisting on speaking with a supervisor, and she started to threaten me with hanging up. This is not the way to do business!! They have my money for an item I did not order and they are refusing to reimburse me for shipping that item that they sent to me by mistake. And they are telling me to send the item back at MY expense. How much of my money are they trying to get from me??? Why should I be penalized for something they did. Is this how they make their money?? Cheating the public. Oh, and I was NEVER able to speak to a supervisor, and Faye only got ruder on the phone. This is a rip-off. BEWARE, do not buy this product, you could be their next victim. They are making money of innocent customers.

Comments

• Bo
      13th of Aug, 2007

This exact same thing happened to me. I ordered two units and was shipped four. Instead of paying $19.95 x 2 plus shipping/handling of approximately $15, I was charged $173.

When I called to get a return authorization I was treated very rudely and without any "Customer Consideration" on the vendors part.

In my opinion this company is a giant rip-off.

19th of Jul, 2008

When I realized how much the postage was to order the GTXpress 101 I looked around and found it on sale at Target for $29.99! It only came with the spatula but you only need a covered jar to mix the batter. The recipe book came with the appliance and if I want other receipes I go online.

• Yo
      26th of Jul, 2008

It looks that's they way they do business: Duplicating the shipments and making you to pay for merchandise you didn't even order. It's so easy for them to do this, after all they already have your credit card number in their hands and can charge whatever they want, in other words: it's a highway robbery... isn't it?
    I also got two sets of these bakers (or four units), instead of the one set (or one unit plus the second one "free") I ordered.
    I was also charged $173.00 instead of the $70.00 I was expecting to pay. After e-mailing and sending my complaint via certified mail, I got a Return Authorization, but I'm supposed to send back the extra shipment at my expense!!! I have already being overcharged $103.00... and they're expecting me to keep on lossing more money. I'm trying to mitigate my losses to no avail and have this big box occupying space in my hallway... I should charge them for storage space.
    I thought this was a new product when I first saw the info-mercial on TV. If I would have known this product had been in the market for a while, I would have gone to Target to get it, as smart Mac did.
    If you really want one unit, go to E-Bay, they're selling these units there... I guess by people who got more than they expected to receive.

12th of Jan, 2009

I returned my products at my expense and I can't get a telephone number for GTMEDIA where the products were shipped to. I would love to know if the products arrived and how long it will be before I will get a refund. This really is bad business practices and they should not even be advertising if they can't take care of customers any better than this.

• Ra
      21st of Jul, 2009

Is there anything we can do, ANY LEGAL ACTION a class action suit? I was just ripped off too, from $19.95 twice and 16.95 S&H MY TOTAL became OVER $102 I had to send many emails and talk to my ban to stop these thieves, yes thieves! Kathy Mitchell should be ashamed of herself for associating with thieves!!! If anyone is going to sue them count me in!

• Ri
      28th of Oct, 2009

This Rip Off company has a similar scam going as {"RediSetGo" cooker. Same problems with web site and telephone ordering - multiple attempts to add unwanted "extras" to your order, along with excessive shipping charges, and inability to cancel an "order" . . . they always "have it in processing", and then it is already shipped so you can't cancel. Send it back at your expense, and they may refund, but less the original excessive shipping and handling charges. A BIG RIP OFF!