GT Media Inc / GT Direct Inc / Rip off!!

I was ripped off by this company too. Initially i never spoke to a live person either. The automated voice was very confusing and kept offering other products that i kept refusing. I never got the total charges detailed before it cut me off, but of course my credit card number was collected first thing. I was sent 2 packages instead of on package because i misunderstood the way the recording asked the question. I thought i was getting 2 for one not 2 packages of 2. my bill came out to be $153... 50. I also filed a complaint to the BBB of CT and OH which is both my local BBB and to the company's local BBB in Cincinatti, OH.

I called back to clear it up. i spoke with a rep called "PARIS", who was the rudest, unfriendly, unprofessional, round and round talking meanest rep anyone could be so unlucky to deal with. She told me they do not refund shipping. Then she told me they could only refund it if it was their fault. she said she believes i made the mistake and they would not refund my shipping. I also got that extra 9.95 charge for the recipe book i did not want and declined. the invoice looked like someone got it from kinkos or made it up. It does not show my credit card information. I feel this was very unprofessional of them. I am trying to spread the word everywhere i go.

I have put fliers on this scam in my local stores, supermarkets, bus stops, libraries, laundry mats, churches, message boards, day care centers, fitness clubs, town papers, email chain mails, myspace, college blogs, State of Connecticut email and message boards, dance schools, music stores, day spas, salons, nail shops, consignment shop, camping stores and any where else i am allowed to place a hard copy of my experience and results and i am continuing to walk with extra fliers in my bag just in case. I want to make sure i get the word out.

I have never been scammed before... i feel it is my duty to help anyone else i can... i have learned a valuable lesson in this. NEVER TRUST AN INFOMERCIAL. ALWAYS SPEAK TO A LIVE PERSON.

For every on person that changes their mind in purchasing this product... i have been refunded ten-fold... and GT MEDIA INC will be held accountable for their underhanded transactions that affect good and trusting consumers like us... AND TO "PARIS": you have failed the entire market of infomercials and their products... i hope it was worth it to you!!!

Just to be sure that this is the same company for any one who wants to know:

...DON'T TRUST THEM...VERY UNPROFESSIONAL... RUDE... UNDERHANDED...

GT MEDIA INC A.K.A. GT DIRECT INC
5455 West Chester Road
West Chester, OH 45069
[protected]
web : xpress101meal.com
email: customerservice@gtent.com

More GT Media Inc / GT Direct Inc Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fr
      11th of Feb, 2008

I also happen to be avistim in regard to a scam by this same company GT Express 101. I ordered this item also on TV and had the same problem as far as understaning what was being said to me. I also only wanted one item and they told me I orered two. I ordered this GtExprees 101 on 1/21/08 it is now February 11th and the item has not been delivered. They have already charged me $173.00 to my credit for an item I have not received as of yet. It was suppose to be delivered within 2-3 business days. It is now a total of 22 days since I ordered the item. I just recently called GT Express and informed them when the post office delivers my GT Express 101 I plan on returning the product because of the neglience and irresponbility of this company to not follow through on their promises. I want everybody to know do not ever buy anthing from compan because you will definately regret making the same mistake I made.

Francis Mazzola