Great Clips / poor & rude service

Fr Salisbury, NC Review updated:

I went to this great clips for help with a tangle(my hair is waist length), and was told the only way to get it out was to "shave my head". I was also told "you have lice caked on your scalp". Never will I visit this franchise again, as this is the only place I have had my hair trimmed for over 5 years, then to be told all of this, and not quietly either! These people are some of the rudest and most insensitive you could ever meet. My hair is still waist length and NO LICE(all it needed was J&J No More Tangles spray)! Had my scalp checked(just to be sure), and only dry scalp.

Comments

• Ta
      May 14, 2011

I had a similar experience at aGreat Clips in Missouri. I, too, have dry scalp. When the woman began washing my hair, she made several comments about how bad it looked (example: "this looks really bad, honey."), LOUDLY I might add She began talking about "clarifing" shampoo, and then about the customer next to me, and about how nice and shiny her hair was. (Weird.) Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, she called another stylist over to look at my scalp saying LOUDLY: "Is this lice?"The other stylist said "No" after about 1 second of looking at it. By this time, I was mortified. My husband was getting a haircut nearby, and although he too thought the woman was an idiot, it still was embarrassing to have him hear that. I would have left right then, but my hair was wet (it was wintertime) and she had already began cutting. (At least the cut was OK, but I don't think it was worth being humilated in public.
    The one almost funny thing about the experience was that at the end the woman seemed surprised that I did not give her a tip.

• Sr
      May 14, 2011

you went to ask for help on a tangle you had in your hair????? i would of given you a brush and said knowck yourself out!