Global Travel International / Never received a contract or anything!

My name is Christopher Bertone. I have read complaints about this company and I too have had the same experience. I bought the gimmick and signed up to be a travel agent. After 2 weeks I never received a contract or anything. I figured since I am in Hawaii things take a while. I never received a contract and I never signed anything. I am now receiving calls at 6:30 in the morning from Monterey Financial Services. I received a collection notice from them and immediately called. They told that I have to pay and it is on my credit report.

Comments

• Be
      19th of Nov, 2007

I am going through the same thing. I never received anything in the mail, and forgot about it. Have tried to cancel several times, but hold times are ridiculous. Eventually cancelled my bank account, and thought they had only scammed me out of a few payments. Then I started receiving calls from Monterrey Financial. This is the worst scam I've seen. I don't even know what I am paying for. Does anyone know what to do?

• Le
      10th of Dec, 2007

I have to disagree! I have been with the company for several years now and I have nothing but good things to say about them... they are very informative when it comes to what information I need to succeed as an Independent Travel Agent of theirs. I recommend Global Travel to all my friends... they are well worth checking into. A company that has been around for 13+ years must be doing something right!!!

11th of Dec, 2007

Your an idiot Leroy, this company is the biggest scam I have ever seen. They have me for some bogus $400 dollar charge for something i have never even heard of. If you google there name, the first webside that comes up is complaint.com... this company is a scam through and through, they need to be shutdown!

• Ke
      6th of Feb, 2008

I got the same complaint as all you guys do.. how do we get out of this mess?

• Pe
      13th of Oct, 2009
    Global Travel International - Online scam
    Global Travel International
    globaltravel.com

I purchased from Global Travel... they say its a trial... but you can't cancel until next year. Please investigate this online scam... Once you sign up for free trial they keep you on... you can't cancel a 30 day trial until next year... they need to be shut down...