Global Royalties / Won't sell item as promised

1 145 Traders Boulevard East, Suite 1, Mississauga, ON, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 905-890-3000

I bought a ruby with Global in an attempt to enter into an investment relationship with them. Initially there was great contact and everything was good. We discussed the economy and other investments and months later they sold my Ruby at a small profit and I reinvested into a much higher priced emerald. A year later I contacted my sales rep and let him know that I wanted to sell the item and was told that he could not help me and I would have to speak with another sales department. I spoke with him and let him know that I wanted my gem sold. For 16 months now I have not heard from them. When I call it usually takes a few call before I can speak with someone and they have never returned a call when I leave messages. So far they have not followed through on their end. They let me know 14 months ago that they valued the item at $16125 but so far have not made any attempt to sell it.

Comments

• Ro
      9th of Aug, 2012

Global Royalties has since contacted me and have stated that they will be more diligent in communicating in the future and will resolve this issue in a timely fashion.

• Ro
      5th of Sep, 2014

Well, it is 28 months later and they rarely contact me and have made no progress in selling the emerald. When I call to get an update, some times I have to call four or five times before anyone calls me back. When they call back there is always the same bs about the market changing to other markets and they are trying. They say that they will sell it and will get back to me, but here we are and they have no updates and no contact unless I initiate it. I would recommend that you use a reputable investment firm if you are looking to get into this market as Global Royalties is not interested in you after they can no longer up sell you.