Global Exchange Vacation Club / How to get rid of this Scam Vacation Club

1 26691 Plaza DriveMission Viejo CA 92691, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-269-1509

Yearly we pay an assessment for properties we have no membership privileges. We have to pay an exchange fee for every rental to RCI, even the ones on the Escrow papers
Global Exchange Vacation Club offers no benefits or better RCI exchange privileges.

This club seems to be a real estate scam. Is it best to file a claim with the state? Or what is the best way to get rid this membership or to stop GEVC from taking advantage of customers?

More Global Exchange Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ra
      10th of Aug, 2009
    Global Exchange Vacation Club - Scam
    Global Exchange Vacation Club

Same here, promised $100 for gas but submitting the $20/mo seems to be useless. I suppose that promises by this company cannot be taken seriously. Avoid them.

• Cu
      8th of Sep, 2009

If you have any questions or problems regarding the promotional offer, contact the customer service department at (800) 655.9247

Global Vacations Marketing Corporation

• Ga
      12th of Oct, 2009

Did anyone out there purchase the Timeshare through Global Exchange Vacations Club and are having problems with the company?

Problems cancelling your membership for something you're not receiving?

I have the same problem. Lets do something about it. Lets pressure their Napa sales office.

LETS FIGHT BACK !!!

email me. seguro4u@sbcglobal.net

11th of Dec, 2018

@gallegos this people scam people out of thousands of dollars

• Jd
      28th of Mar, 2011

It has been difficult selling the my Global Exchange Vacation club since there really there isn't specific home location or ownership in real estate.
    This has been a lesson learned not to become involve with any timeshare or vacation club because they are more costly than what you receive.

• Pe
      29th of Aug, 2015

It has been a negative and costly learning experience. After showing us all these beautiful places it turns out that 10, 000 earns you 10, 000 points. You can't even go to palms springs for less than 40, 000 points. You have to pay hundreds of dollars in fees to carry it over every year plus matenance fees. We could have taken three or four gray vacations with our 10, 000 dollars. Instead we are trying to save up enough points for one vacation. Don't ask about the supposed free trip to Catalina. It was so horrible we had to find our own hotel and pay a great deL of money for an unplanned room expense. Don't sign up. It's to late for us-though I would mind a class action suite. I feel sorry for all the people who signed up, they were so excited and then nothing. Penelope penelope1world@mac.com

11th of Dec, 2018

@penelopetorribio I went trough the same problem I want to fight back but I don't know where to stART

• Yl
      21st of Dec, 2017

We paid over $13, 000 for this scam!!! and now we are supposed t pay $655.20 per year for "maintenance"...on what? We don't have anything. I used them one time for a trip to Mexico...expensive trip!!! When I've looked for a place I've either found they don't have anything in that area or nothing is available...BUT I can get points!!! I don't need POINTS!!! It's unbelievable to me that this company hasn't been sued and put out of business...it's worthless. Now even after we paid this thing OFF, our perfect credit may be messed up if we decide not to pay the maintenance fee.

• Bo
      14th of Jul, 2018

@ylkaren I was scammed. What should I do? Bosao43@yahoo.com

11th of Dec, 2018

I was also scammed . I went to claim a trip that I had won and got into signing up for this did a 600 and something down payment and payed for a few months I tried to cancel and no one ever assisted me on this. so I left it alone and turns out that now it showed up on my credit score that I owe 7700 dollars. I don't know what to do I tried calling them to find out which bank facilitated this money to them and they won't tell me. what advice do you give?

• Je
      14th of Jan, 2019

I've come to realize that after attending many timeshare presentations, this one is no different than the rest. They all hide behind the written agreement and documents disclosed during the 2 hours we were there. The only different with this company is it's more of a travel club and not a timeshare. That's why there is a Certificate of Title and not a Deed. After filing a complaint and being loud about my issues, it comes down to the fact that as long as there are options in the world I can travel, it proves the membership works even though its not the area I may be interested in. If there were never any results, it would be useless but because technically there are places to book, they can say inventory is "upon availability" and cancelling because you cannot get to YOUR specific place, is not grounds to cancel. My $5000 learning lesson is not worth the headache of taking anyone on when I know I did sign off on these stipulations. Moving forward, I now ready all my purchase agreements for anything I buy without being rushed.