GE CAPITAL BANK / Customer service/online billing website

1 IL, United States Review updated:

I purchased furniture from Ashley Home Furniture on a promotional credit account with GE Capital Bank. I am supposed to be able
to view my monthly statements online using a user name and password. This online website has been unavailable for several days and I am unable to see my balance or print out my statement. I have been calling their customer service phone number but have gotten only recordings telling me "your call is important, please continue holding for the next available representative" and I have held on for hours. No representative comes to the telephone. My payment is due by April 7th and I cannot get anyone to help me obtain my statement. I feel this is an illegal ploy by GE Capital to force customers to use the "Payment by Phone" feature and I do not like to punch in my personal bank information on a phone not knowing who may have access to it. This is a ripoff of the consumer and I will continue to fight this huge conglomerate and their strongarm tactics.

Comments

• Ge
      3rd of Apr, 2012

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 040312_cb_BDeutsch **

I'm sorry for the frustrations you’ve experienced with our site. We'd like to help and address your concerns. Please email me at [protected]@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Capital

31st of Dec, 2014

I just reviewed my credit report . it says im in collections with ge capital bank. I would like to try and resolve this situation, I have no clue what im in collections for. I just see and amount if someone could contact me id appreciate it

• Co
      31st of Dec, 2014

" I have no clue what im in collections for."
    Why don't you call them and ask? Why would you want strangers on the internet to contact you?