Garmin nuvi 2595LMT / gps sucks
1. Poor charging: Garmin tech suggested taking the unit home every night to charge. Are they nuts?
2. No route optimization: great voice command software – but pissy programing. You are driving to point A and you want to find coffee on the way. You can “start new route” which will cancel all together direction to A, OR “add to route” which will add the coffee stop – at the END of the route. You can –
Go to apps.
Add the addresses manually
And best of all: the Garmin tech told me I need to plan my route before I leave home.
GREAT HELP, GARMIN!
To plan at home – I don’t need any GPS...
3. As for the heating problem: Garmin tech suggested not to let the unit in the car when the heat may reach 140 degrees. If it is 140 degrees in the car – I should not be driving it, too!
4. And if that is not enough – general design. They stuck the power input smack in the back, and you cant use a universal goose neck GSP/phone holder. The mount that comes with the unit is puny and short, and has to be mounted on the windshield. I am short, and I come home with shoulder pains after typing in all the addresses and command in any short trip. Luckily, Magelan came with double sided adhesive plates that can be placed on the dashboard – and that helps some. Still, the total unit gives pain and is a pain.
I had Magellan GPS for over 6 years. The reason I moved to Garmin was everyone raved about it, and free map update. The maps on the Magellan unit were just – old. Nothing wrong – it still works. Granted, I have free map updates – but I cant get anywhere without mapping my way before I leave the house with Google maps. I have Bluetooth – but I am talking to myself, since I forget to take it with me (see above: take it home to charge...). Voice command is better than my 6-Y.O Magellan – but it’s the technology that improved, not the unit.
I am not a happy customer. As far as GPS’ go – THIS UNIT SUCKS! It is not a quick responder to driving changes, it is finicky and disappointing.
More Garmin nuvi 2595LMT Complaints & Reviews
- Garmin / 2011 Map Update - map update 
- Garmin CityXplorer & Nuvi - cityxplorer scam
- Garminastrosaless - discount sales garmin astro 320 3 dc 40 collar
- Garmin Nuvi 265Wt - Bait and switch scam 
- Garmin GPS - exploding battery
- Garmin International - garmin south africa
- Garmin International - delivery of garmin drive
- Garmin International - customer service - vector 3 pedals
- Garmin International - zumo and basecamp
- Garmin International - poor service