GameStopreturn policy

Ke Hickory, NC Review updated:

My sister, who is not tech savvy, purchased an Xbox from Gamestop yesterday 7/7/09. She walked in and basically just said she wanted an Xbox, she didn't know the difference in console models and asked for the cheapest one. When I found out about it today 7/8/09, I told her to take it back and get the upgraded model. I asked her if she bought the extended warranty for the console she did purchase and she said "I didn't know they had warranties for them". Gamestop would not return the console - even though she bought it less than 24 hours ago, told me on the phone that it was a new Microsoft policy that they do not accept returns on new consoles that have been opened - I've heard about this for games but never for the console itself. I contacted other stores (walmart, bestbuy, etc) and they told me that there was no such policy and that they would gladly accept a return provided everything was in the box and I had a receipt. I tried to talk the manager into at the very least letting us purchase the warranty for the xbox we had given the fact that she wasn't told about it at purchase, this is what he said "Your out of luck sir, she should have asked for one". I was so mad I was shaking. This company obviously takes advantage of a persons ignorance to their policies and makes no effort to inform their customers of such policies. I've contacted GameStop customer service, and the regional managers office. I've also contacted my local news and will go to the BBB if this is not taken care of.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Hickory, NCOn another note, just from personal experience with GameStop when I go shopping. Their trade in policy is ludicris, they prey on young kids who want the newest game and so they trade in their entire collection of games to scrape up a few bucks return in order to pay for it. I once witnessed a kid trade in Final Fantasy VII a while back (before they stopped taking PS1 games), they gave him like $6 for it, and they were selling it on the shelf for $50 or more. I've seen it for $80 or more online and in pawn shops. And alot of their other products are so astronomically high, I don't understand why any shops there. They have used Guitar Hero controllers for $39.99 (Toy's R Us is selling the same model - BRAND NEW for $9.99). I've seen many times where they will have a used game on the shelf for only $5 less than the new one on the next shelf over - or they will be selling a used game for more than a new copy at another store.
I know this sounds like I'm just angry about my problem, but it really isn't in general I've never been a fan of GameStop or any of their affiliate companies (Babbages, EBGames, etc) Their employees are often rude and spend most of the time chatting with their friends who are hanging out in the store playing video games.
I've only actually had 1 good experience with gamestop they had a game I wanted at another location - the current manager pulled strings and had the game shipped to that location so I wouldn't have to drive the distance - that manager no longer works there and the customer service declined.
Thanks

Comments

• Ki
      Jul 14, 2008

Bought a "New" game at this GameStop location. The employee sold the game without the original packaging (it was already opened), so the game wasn't so "new" anymore.
    When went to return the game, store refused to except the return because the game was opened, when that's how they sold the game to me.

Not planning on buying from GameStop again. Best Buy & Target offers better return policies.

• Se
      Aug 19, 2008

best buy your gonna pay 15% restock fee as long as you dont open it. so for every $50.00 game you return, you have to pay $7.50 to have the guy walk to the game section and put it back on the shelf. YAY bestbuy! or worse go to target where they tell you you cant return it period, get the ### out. they are trained in customer service by the us navy seals. If you try to debate the return they will shoot you.

• Ed
      Dec 03, 2008

Lol.. Or just go to walmart where the dont know what the crap their doing. Get over yourself we reseal the game with a circle sticker before we sell it to you.. We also check the game makeing sure its in good condition. Your just whining cuz you did'nt get a deal because you whined.. And btw our return policies on used is great you should try it.. Or better yet go buy a used game from best buy thats in perfect shape and looks the same as new

• Eq
      Jan 01, 2009

For Christmas, I received two Rock Band/Guitar Hero type guitar stands. One, my son bought and had already put together for me. The other came from another acquaintance and was in a box that was branded GameStop.

Today, I tried to return the duplicate to GameStop. It was complete and had never been out of the box. BUT, I lacked the receipt. So, the clerk told me (eventually, the store manager as well) that they couldn't take it back because they "didn't have anything to scan". They said the SKU is only on the receipt and they couldn't get it from the box.

It's a GameStop product (i.e, couldn't have been purchased anywhere else). It's brand new and in the box and I'm returning it within a week of Christmas. Is it really reasonable to refuse to take it back because I don't have the receipt? Is it reasonable to setup a return system that prevents this??

I've learned my lesson and I won't be buying any of my grandson's games there in the future. I won't encourage that kind of nonsense business policy.

• Bd
      Jan 20, 2009

Our policy is "unopened" NEW products may be returned FULL value WITH a RECEIPT . We have our hands tied behind our back and you will just have to ask that person that bought it for you to get you the reciept. or regift it to someone else. OR. stop complaining and stop trying to get your money back because Gamestop is a coorperation and has strict rules. cant be bending them just for 1 person . do it for 1 do it for all. then it wouldnt be a rule.

Apr 25, 2009

Sounds like someone is angry they didn't keep the receipt.

Christmas time. The busiest time of the year. Sure, there's a way to find the transaction. Paid with cash? You could find 100 transactions as "proof of purchase." With a line of people that circles the store they don't have time to spend 20 minutes trying to pinpoint your purchase. "But I used my credit card! They can look it up!" Oh yeah, great idea there. Let everyday minimum wage CLERKS be able to look up stuff involving your CREDIT CARD number.

Quit complaining, and keep your receipt. Got a receipt? Perfect, you can return that item in a jiffy. Lost it? Too. Dang. Bad. No one's fault but your own, get over it.

• Mo
      Jun 22, 2009

bought Wiiplay with remote from gamestop for 49.99 then 3 days later see it in meijer ad for 29.99 GS customer service and managers pretty much just told me to go screw myself, i even told them i wasnt going to shop at gamestop again and id return the things i could still return (which totaled up to 180.00) and they said ok thats your choice have a nice day.

• Gi
      Jun 28, 2009

I have a problem with paying $30.00 for a USED game, and when I took my three used games to trade in for another game, they were only going to give me $12.00 towards credit. I spent $30.00 alone for one of those games and to me that is just unfair and a major rip-off. Maybe they should think about selling their used games at a fair price..like $12.00 for three games!!! Seems only fair to me!! I have purchased to game consoles there Brand new..the playstation 2 and the Wii..plus all the games I presently own and accessories. I have traded my old systems I have had 2 times and also again got ripped off. I think it is a joke..and after today and the experience I have had with this store..I will NEVER step foot at a Game Stop store again. I hope they will close their doors soon after everyone gets tired of this crap. They only would have brought it on themselves. POOR POOR Business!

• Li
      Jul 27, 2009

if i sell a game at game stop and get other games can i take the other games back to gamestop and get the game i sold back

• Sl
      Aug 07, 2009

Deceitful return policy; the store manager interprets it how he/she feels. They wouldn't accept an opened accessory, even though the return policy on the receipt and online states that accessories are the exception to the opened item rule, and can be accepted for return.

The very fact that they don't affiliate themselves with the Better Business Bureau BBB is enough for me to never do business with them ever again. I don't care if they have the game I want, I'll go buy it elsewhere, even if it means a drive, or waiting for an online purchase. Never again will I let my compulsive urges take me into a GameStop...

• Cy
      Aug 09, 2009

Wow, the anonymity of the internet strikes again. "Get over it?" Please.

Considering that Gamestop virtually shakes you down for your personal information every single damned time you buy something, regardless of the form of payment used, it would stand to reason that it should be a simple matter to use the same information to reverse the transaction. There is no reason why in this day and age Gamestop can't do that. And you know, barring a receipt or one's personal information, it shouldn't be too tough for you folks to offer store credit for unopened, GAMESTOP-labeled accessories/equipment. You know that the customer couldn't have possibly bought it anywhere else, and it's unopened, so why wouldn't you folks do this? I can see why you wouldn't do it for games, being that piracy is so rampant, but it's a damned guitar stand. Nobody is pirating that crap, and yet you tools act like asking to return it is a high crime.

Honestly, Gamestop is one of the worst, most reprehensible businesses out there. It's often staffed by disaffected children fresh out of high-school, who have no concept of good customer service and wouldn't care even if they did, because the dream job they idealized Gamestop to be turned out to be just another retail position like any other. However that doesn't stop them from acting like know-it-all dinks. The job could very well be done by trained monkeys, but your average Gamestop employee thinks he's hot stuff because he sells videogames, as if they're part of the industry they obsess over. You don't hear folks at the Foot Locker acting like they're part of the shoe industry, yet Gamestop employees have that little special something about them that makes them think that they're worth half a squirt, when they're just counter-jockeys like anyone else in retail. This is evinced by the tone of the responses you'll get from the average Gamestop employee online. They'll gladly parrot corporate policy and tell you how messed up you are for not agreeing with such outmoded and customer-unfriendly policies, all the while acting like uncouth twits.

The OP did nothing wrong but make the mistake of trying to do business with Gamestop. I can assure you had he received a similar item from say, Wal-Mart, he'd have been able to return it sans receipt open or not. Of course it would have been for store credit, but even so, that's an option that Gamestop just doesn't offer, for reasons that are mystifying to anyone with a brain.

As for you AngryLlama, I've noticed that you appear to have an awful lot invested in Gamestop complaints. Perhaps you're an employee? Whatever the case may be, that's no excuse for your piss-poor attitude. If you didn't hide behind a screen-name, I'd make it a point to contact your corporate office and let them know that one of their employees was making an ### of himself on the internet, thereby painting the company he works for in a negative light. I know that when I worked at Gamestop once upon a time, they made it a point to make sure that we knew not to do or say anything as a representative of Gamestop that might gain them negative attention, and that was before the internet was as well-proliferated as it is now. I'm sure that policy hasn't changed.

Besides, your response is laughable. The fact that you're pulling assumptions out of your nether-regions aside, if those low-wage clerks can be trusted to handle my credit-card to run the initial transaction in the first place, they can damn-well be trusted to look up my transaction history. That's an aside though, because you're projecting onto the OP, who stated very clearly (for the comprehension-challenged...) that he received the item in question as a gift, which is why he didn't have a receipt. Also, I'm oh-so-sorry that you have a job that challenges you, but that's no concern of mine, or anyone else for that matter. I don't care whether looking up a transaction in the system takes five minutes or twenty, the simple fact is that if that's what's required to get the job done, then that's what you folks need to do. However, that's also a non-issue because for some ###-backwards reason, Gamestop is one of the few business out there that doesn't have the capability to track customer's transaction histories in spite of the fact that you routinely engage in data-mining. Besides, if the customer receives the item as a gift, then chances are damned good (I'd say 100 percent...) that they're not going to be in the system anyway.

Still, the point stands that if you folks joined the rest of us in the 21st century, Gamestop would have allowed the OP to return the item for store credit, and that they didn't is hardly defensible. So take your snark somewhere else, it's not flying here.

• Da
      Aug 13, 2009

It's not GameStop's fault that your sister doesn't ask questions before she makes purchases; the return policy is clearly stated on the counter and on the receipt. And as for the trade-ins they give about 1/3 of the used resale price for a trade, they do have to make a profit, it is a business, not to mention promotions such as 30% up credit and buy 2 get 1 free on used games and accessories.

Also if you want favors or extraordinary customer service then you have to form a report with the employees through pre-orders. They will do anything for a pre-order. You scratch their back and they will scratch yours.

Bottom line is, if you don't like the store or their practices, DON'T SHOP THERE! I' tired of hearing people whining about GameStop and then taking a stack of trade to the the next day.

And by the way, common sense tells you that if you want to upgrade the system, you don't open it first.

• Ul
      Aug 25, 2009

Gonna hop past that wall of text there and just toss up an explanation. Not at all defending Gamestop's policies, just mentioning how they work it.

Yes, there is a way to look up the transaction in store, but in a very limited manner. We have no way to "search" for certain information, we have to dig through it all by hand. That generally means that to narrow it down, first we need to know what register the product was purchased from. Then we need to know what day. Then we need to know about the general time frame, and of course cash or credit doesn't hurt either. Of course, if the gift wasn't bought at our store at all, then you're considered out of luck. Some stores will actually take the time to attempt to find and print out a store receipt and use that to do the return, but it also depends on how busy they are. I can tell you personally, the after-Christmas rush until New Years' is almost as bad as Christmas shopping itself, only now you're dealing with returns. So, if there's a line going out the door and you're asking us to search for a transaction from a time period in which we could potentially have 500 transactions per register, we're going to have to ask you to step aside.

You also have to look at it from Gamestop's view as much as your own. Gamestop corporate has a strict policy against repackaging items. It took them several years just to agree to let people return opened new accessories WITH a receipt. They really don't like selling a used product as new. In this particular case it was a different issue, but the point remains. While other stores, like say Wal-Mart, have no issue repackaging returns, we do. This is mostly because we get people from the other side of the equation who will bring back an item saying that it doesn't look new, and cause a fuss about it. The most recent example, take the Batman: Arkham Asylum collector's edition, sold in many stores just this morning at midnight. Our manager set up a display copy (which I believe was actually his own reserve) to show people what it looked like. The model batarang that came with it was scratched all to hell, maybe they tried to make it look battle worn but it just looked horrible. In any case, several people returned to the store after buying their copies, saying that the batarang looked like it was already used. The best we can do is explain that it came that way, and all of them are like that.

I'm running off on a tangent. In any case, I can't really tell you why we don't usually do store credit returns. Sometimes we do honestly, but very rarely. We have a "No Receipt" button on the returns screen for a reason, we just don't like to use it very often. Any return using that option is supposed to be placed on a gift card as store credit only, never anything else. As I said above, during Christmas there is way too much information for us to try and sift through by hand. You'd think they'd add in an option to search, but apparently haven't gotten around to it yet. In any case, most stores will, if it's fairly obvious it was a gift, use that option and go ahead with a credited return.

I guess the only thing I can really tell you is that your particular store needs to be taught some customer service. :P That in itself, due pretty much to what Cyberxion said above in his... second paragraph, pretty much explains the entire problem. Those people just need to get off their high horse, suck it up, and hit the scary button.

• Da
      Sep 09, 2018

@UltimateZer Gamestop REGULARLY sells OPENED games as a "NEW" game. If you're an employee, or past employee, you are familiar with the practice of opening a brand new game, removing the disc, and putting the case on display. While the actual game disc has not been used, the act the opening the case, removing the disc, and allowing the public to repeatedly handle the now unwrapped/unprotected case effectively negates the whole "NEW" policy...so if we buy it as a gift, and the child already owns, or just doesn't want the game, we can't return it as NEW because it was sold to us OPENED!!...[censored]

Oct 25, 2009

No your wrong. Game stop runs a business not a charity. It's your right not to shop there but that is how game stop makes its money. Great Great business if you ask me. They won't close anytime soon they are posting some pretty good numbers. The person traded in your games did his job right and that's a bad experience? Sell your games on ebay or amazon. Ignorance

Oct 25, 2009

Really game stop should take it back BUT your sister should not buy something and open it if she has no clue. Your sisters ignorance is at fault not gamestop.

Dec 07, 2009

gamestop is a rip you go to trade in games to them they do everything quick and give $15 dollars and when your like oh h!!! no i want them back they "sorry can't do that agaist policy" wtf you got it in your hand still i want my s!!! back but they still took it now i go on ebay for everything love it never been happier

• At
      Mar 27, 2010

My wife bought a new nintendo ds lite from gamestop for $129.99 for herself on her birthday .She thought she was getting the new nintendo ds lite (i) .big difference right ? but one has wifi . she tried to return it the next day with reciept for cash back or exchange to get the correct one .A young disrespectful manger informed us that alll we could do is sell it used for $40 trade in value we were outraged the manager did tell us the return policy is on the back of the reciept which you obviously get after you purchase a item and small cardboard standup on th counter (the manager had to move other standups that were blocking it).The box was open because my wife checks to make sure that whatever she bought is in there, stranger things have happened.But the way we were treated and the hard earned money spent on these expensive items justify a fair policy or be made aware of gamestops shady and mostly unordinary return policy on large electronic purchases(post a big sign like most reputable franchises.In the end gamestop gave her $32 for it and we paid about $100 to never shop there again and I would advise you too ! Walmart, Bestbuy, Kmart anywhere but gamestop .GAMESTOP YORK PA GALLERIA MALL AND EAST MARKET ST from MR and MS TIRADO [protected]@Gmail.com

• Gh
      May 28, 2010

Gamestop does not take advantage of people ignorance your sister should have known what she was buying if she was putting down 200 or more dollars on a console. You should have been there since she wasn't tech savvy and they do not return brand new games or consoles i hear people complain about opened "new" games and now your complaining about not returning a brand new item? you people should have not opened it if it was still seal then they would gladly returned it so your victims of your own stupidity have a nice life.

• Al
      Jul 23, 2010

Stealth Pilot, G. Harrison, and Dan87 are all idiots / the same person / GameStop employee(s). Shut the hell up with your [censored], you jackhole(s)! In this case, GameStop should've verified the console serial no. and ensured that all acessories, components, and documentation for the Xbox 360 system are there. They could even test the console to verify that it is indeed in good working order, and if everything checks out... they should absolutely take the unit back, just as all other retailers do!
    Also, GS does infact use predatory tactics on trade-ins to profit off of dumb little kids who are desperate to get the latest game or console. 30% of their standard trade in rate for a game that they give only $5 for, just gets you $1.50 more, which is crap! You can take that game and post it on ebay, and will likely get $20 or even more for it. So you GameStop [censor]-kissers can take your 30% extra BS trade offers, and stuff it back up your [censored]holes, you [censor]s!
    People should get together in large riot sized gangs and invade their local GameStops all wearing ski masks and other disguises, and go on a free for all looting spree! That is the righteous justice that GameStop deserves! GRR..!!

• Ev
      Dec 06, 2010

Um. All DSs have Wifi, by the way.

• Ev
      Dec 13, 2010

The Gamestop associate who sold you this new game should have sealed it, so they knew if it had been opened or not. Next time this store attempts to sell you a new copy that has been removed from its shrinkwrap (this should only happen if it's the absolute LAST copy in stock), you should request to have it sealed. This is the corporate policy. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Dec 21, 2010

As Valyrian Steel, perhaps ????

Please, take your medecine pouch and get lost on a remote ilot.

Dec 21, 2010

Hi Audreylucero!!!

Dec 22, 2010

Don't rub you hands too quickly out of greed : THIS link IS definitely NOT a good publicity .
    It might seem NOW ; BUT wait and see...

Poetic justice is on its way.

This is my last message to you so that you won't accuse me of spamming anymore.

Go on, people abhor you for what you do to them and for what you are: a hater with too much time on his hands.

But we would not like to be in your boots.

• Df
      Jan 08, 2011

They're just in it for their own profit and they won't give you a "fair" resale price for your goods. If you want that figure it out and go on Amazon or Ebay you always set your own price and get what you want. Besides I've had more fun finding these games there for my older systems then from any store. Brick and mortar stores suck any ways they've lost the human touch the I give a damned more about pleasing my customers then myself and making a buck. Sheesh. Go back to customer is always right no matter what school ya'll at Game Stop and other stores you flunked customer service 101 again. FYI all their HQ is in the Dallas area just west of the D FW INT airport and I've been there in person. So if you really want to [censor] them out forget calling some 8OO number just go there in person and [censor] em out.

• Me
      Mar 19, 2011

Never said what used baught or sold. I'm guessing it was a newer game you baught and a bunch of crappy older games that you sold. Customer payback on games can be anywhere from 10-50% depending on how valuable the game is. A classic game like Persona 4 will always get the seller a much higher percent because it's a noted valuable game that will be easy to sell. A old crappy soccor game from 6 years ago will get you a far less percentage because really, no one is going to buy it. Want more for your games? Sell them on craigslist or ebay. The reason why gamestop gets away with giving you less is because:
    1. They save you the hastle of having to ship the game or try to contact various people with hope that they will buy your game.
    2. They have to pay some one to to talk to whinners like you who think they should be getting $20 for your copy of Too Human. News flash, now one is going to buy that game for more than $13 so yeah, I'd give you $4 for it.
    3. Where else are you gonna sell your used games at a store and get a better deal for them? Seriously tell me.
    FWY I don't nor have I ever worked for gamestop. I'm just a person with an average intelligence who understands economics.

• Tr
      May 15, 2011
    Gamestop - Rip off
    Game Stop

I have a few Nintendo Wii games that have been barely used. I went to the Game Stop website to see what they were selling them for USED and then I called my nearest store to get trade in values and below is the result. As of 5/9/09 at 12 Noon EST, the website listed the used games at: Mario Party 8 $44.99. They said trade in value was 16.00 Super Paper Mario $39.99 They said trade in value was 13.00 When I called the store and got the trade in values and told the girl that was ridiculous and listed the online used prices all the store employee could say was 'I know'!!! So they know that we are being ripped off! Avoid this store at all costs. No Customers, means no more store to rip us off! There are other places to sell your games yourself. Use them!

• Sc
      May 15, 2011

Check out estarland.com, they give much better trade in values than Gamestop.

• Su
      Nov 04, 2011
    GameStop - Wrong Game
    Game stop
    Cumming
    Georgia

I went with my son to this store so he could this new game. We found it used and it was the extended version. We end up purchasing it and when we get home it is the normal copy. They then refused to exchange the discs. I am FURIOUS!!!

• Sp
      Jan 29, 2012
    Gamestop - Customer Service
    Game Stop
    Spanaway
    Washington

The people that work in this store apparently hold themselves above anyone else that comes in that store - unless may if you are a gamer. I buy things for my teenage boys in the store. Maybe because they aren't adults and I'm not a gamer we are not worthy of their time to answer any questions about products they sell - or their policies.
    I had a question on a system I bought 33 days ago. They would not answer my question. They simply wanted to know when I purchased it. If I bought the warrenty.
    Apparently I didn't answer them with the right info because they said they can't help me, or answer any questions I have because it was over 30days. So I asked should I contact Xbox direct? And was told that would be the logical thing to do since they cannot answer anything for me. All I had was a question!!! You can't even listen???
    For the money I have spent over the last month there - I will find another retailer that is happy to have my business.

Jun 16, 2016

My son bought a $60 PC game on 6/9/16 and our computer was not updated enough to play the game. Five days later on 6/14/16, I go to return it and they won't because of licensing. I understand that, but they did not inform my son of this policy BEFORE he bought it. Now my son is out $65 (warranty & tax). I'm steaming mad that this company does not make it a policy in all their store to disclose information like this to their customers. I never would have let my son buy this game if I had known this.

•   Jun 16, 2016

It is up to the consumer to now the Anti-Piracy law. No store has to accept returns at all. However, it is up to you, the consumer, to know your computer before buying games for it. The law states that no media items that have been opened can be returned. No policy or signs are needed. All they have to do is say no. This is not a new policy or law.

• Di
    GameStop - Crappy Game
    Gamestop

I bought a game from gamestop awhile back that looked pretty cool. Got home took the plastic off carefully and saved it. Popped it in and within 30 seconds i realized it sucked so i took it out, and put it back in the plastic wrap they put it in when they sold it to me. I went to the closest gamestop (not the one i bought it from) i was like hey i dont want this game can i get a different one. The manager at gamestop opened the case, saw the cd was scratched, and wouldn’t take it back. I had just bought the game that day from THAT gamestop location. It was used so of course it was scratched, wtf am I supposed to do gamestop, play your crappy game instead?

• Ca
      Jul 18, 2016

1.) They don't seal used games in plastic at GameStop.
    2.) Make up your mind, was it the same store or not?
    3.) Judging a game in only 30 seconds is probably a bad idea, or very efficient. But considering the rest of your post, I'm leaning towards bad idea.
    4.) It's not their game anymore, it's yours. But you probably shouldn't play it, you might hurt yourself.

• Oh
      Jul 18, 2016

Wow. I really want to say what I'm thinking right now, but I just can't. It would be like beating up a wheelchair bound 90 year old.

•   Jul 18, 2016

"I went to the closest gamestop (not the one i bought it from)"
    ...
    "The manager at gamestop opened the case, saw the cd was scratched, and wouldn’t take it back. I had just bought the game that day from THAT gamestop location."

Not sure if ###ed or lying.

Gamestop at Bell Garden, CA - un-professional sale associate

I had been a gamestop customers for many years and let me said, I finally decide to stop shopping at gamestop because not only they rip their customers off, they had rude sale associate that only think what they said are right and what ever the customer (me) wrong. Will, that how they run their store in Bell Gardens.

What piss me out the most, is that one of their associate is very un-professional when it's come customer services. Now, I can provide proof but that like I want this associate to get fired. One thing, his appearance is like a homeless person, second he alway make offense remark each time I step in the school, asking simple question, and theird; once I file an complaint "using the tellgamestop.com", the manager promote this person just to piss me off even more.

Now I understead their marketing and way of running their business, but keeping this kind of sale associates even after a customer files a complaint, it will just make it's clear that GameStop Inc. is a big fake in the retail business, and I am not talking about hos they run their business. This is foucus on this one sale associate. Of course, I can stop going to this school, but I still two games reserve at the store and the sale associate won't even let me cancel, even I have the orginal recept. Like un-professional sale associates make the company seem more un legit.

Game Stop - Philadelphia, PA - 6 defective DVDs that all had to be disgarded1

I just bought 6 DVD movies, and paid $50.00 for all of them at Game Stop. But when I got home to play them, all 6 were completely all scratched up, and kept freezing in my DVD player. I got so mad, that I just threw all 6 in my trash-can. I tried bring them back, but the cashier was extreamly cocky, and wouldnt give me my money back, or 6 new non-defective DVDs. I wasted all my $50.00 for nothing ! So im hoping maybe you could please help me out here. I always go to Game Stop, and NEVER had any problems, until now. Im really a good customer there for sure ! Please write me back.

THANKS!
    John R. Capuano

Jul 18, 2016
    Gamestop no.4702 - deceptive practices.
    Gamestop no.4702
    5106 Jonestown Road
    Harrisburg
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: [protected]

I bought a computer game on 04/03/10 and upon trying to upload it to my computer I was told that it only supports windows Vista, I have windows XP. there's no clearly marked label stating that windows vista is only supported and when I tried to return it to get my money back they refused. the game has never been played and is still new in the box. I will never go to gamestop again. I will start going to bestbuy or walmart.

• Fa
    Stardock/GameStop [Deskscapes] - descrimination
    Stardock/GameStop
    55 Mason Street #321
    San Francisco
    California
    Phone: [protected]

After complaining or attempting to complain about their Impulse server and their so called 'direct' downloading links as fake or corrupted downloading or dangerous support site which is downloading spyware or corrupted product license resulting in my not being able to use the product in the package, I was informed that the company would not allow me to use part of the package and that Stardock would profile me as a troublemaker. Several times over the decade long troubles I have been experiencing with this company they have sent me replies to wait untill a period of hours have gone before they would reply and then they would accept any other comments in order of receipt however within the time limit they would reply telling me that since I haven't replied then the issue would be closed. This problem among authorization issues has existed throughout my association with this company.