Gallerie ConcordeGallerie Concorde / Terrible experience!

1 1984 Sherbrooke St.Montréal, Québec, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 800-914-7575

Three years ago Mr. Harold Sendel of Gallerie Concorde called me regarding a quick money making opportunity. He indicated a client was in trouble with the IRS and needed to liquidate his art work in a hurry at a price of pennies on the dollar. The art work was even appraised by Juris Poruks and I was sent a copy of the appraisal. This same event occurred several times in the next two years always resulting in me being the recipient of an extraordinary deal. Someone was in trouble, a galley was going bankrupt, or the sky was falling.

In every case I always received an appraisal from Mr. Poruks documenting that my print was worth far more than I had paid. However, none of the works were selling on the open market. I received a whole array of excuses from a crowded market to security concerns related to 9/11.

I decided to have the art appraised by an independent appraiser and was shocked to find out the art works were valued at about 30% of my purchase price.When I contacted Mr. Sendel he indicated that my appraisal were wrong and refused to return my funds.

My brother who is an attorney has offered to take the case to court seeking a return of my funds and punitive damages associated with the stress related medical problems I have developed.

If there are others who have been swindled by Gallerie Concorde please contact me to join in the suit.

Va

Comments

• Wa
      14th of Nov, 2008

Would like to join your class action effort. Please reply with confirmaion that I am a member of the group. I can furnish any info you may require or deem helpful in this matter. Thank you.

Warren H. Hone
    (937)509-2046
    2153 Lynbridge Drive
    Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068

• St
      21st of Mar, 2010

Please contact me as I would love to join in any legal action vs. Galerie Concorde. I have been swindled and filed complaints but no action has been taken.

Steve Salkie
    765 860-0263
    108 arlington ct
    kokomo, IN 46902

• Ro
      4th of Mar, 2018

Please contact me. I am willing to join a class action lawsuit against Galerie Concorde. What they are doing is down right illegal!

5th of Jul, 2018

Galerie Concorde sold me what they were calling "Jaffa Cafe" by Tarkay. I Googled the work and the piece I bought nowhere resembles the real Jaffa Cafe by Tarkay. Th is is outright fraud. If you file suit, please contact me. I have a receipt from Galerie Concorde with all the information on it, including the title of the work. I would love nothing better than to sue for punitive damages as well as loss of use of funds since the purchase date of 3-31-1993! I as well was told my asset was continually increasing in value. They also sold me a Peter Max "A Long Time AGO". I am doubtful if it is authentic after being sold a Tarkay painting that I cannot find anywhere, and the real "Jaffa Cafe" looks nothing like what I own, not even the same subject matter. My contact information is below. Isn't there some international fraud laws being violated as well as outright fraud? I would like to see these people do some time.
    Sincerely-
    John MacNaughton
    935 Herr Drive, New Lenox, Illinois 60451 USA
    Text or Cell: (815) 600-1952 MacNaughtonConsulting@Gmail.com

• Sc
      13th of Jul, 2018

Contact me. Interested in class action lawsuit. Bought two of Peter Max signed pieces in 1997 from Galerie Concorde, Inc. and of course they were appraised by Juris Poruks. Interested in at least getting what I paid back if not more!!!

cell (760)644-9014