Galaxy & Co / They lied about how the 'trade in' works

1 United States

We bought my engagement ring after much shoping around at Galaxy and co in boulders mall, on the 300309. The reason we ended up buying it there was because the lady Johanna said that when it came time for the wedding we could come in and 'trade in' the ring for something of the same value or above. Now when I finally found the design I liked (the bridal selection didn't get any new additions for a long time on the net and clearwater store), at the Clearwater store, the lady there said the policy is that you have to buy to doulble the value of the original purchase. When I asked where it was documented, she wasn't able to give me anything. I searched the website and only found 1 line on the tradein and the aditional conditions not stipulated, which means that they can change the conditions at a whim! Totally unexceptable, I want you to honour the verbal promise made to me by the lady at Boulders and trade in for the ring that I now want. I have 2 witnesses that will attest to what was said at the boulders store and am willing to take this further should my query not be addressed. I will not allow my consumer rights to be infriged apon, not in 2010!!!