futurlec.com.au / poor customer service

1 Perth, Western Australia, Australia Review updated:

I too have ordered parts from futurlec the web site said the parts were in stock and delivery would be 1 to 2 weeks.
its been nearly four weeks now and no sign of my order, they have not replied to my enquiries about my order.
their site shows my order as entered but not dispatched, they also said they would confirm my order by email which they didnt do.
ive ordered parts from all over the country and always have received my order within a couple of days so what is the problem futurlec why cant you get your act together ad deliver on your promises made by your web site.
shame on you futurlec you are the reason more people in Aus don't use the internet to shop.
yours
Mr V Clarke

Vi

More futurlec.com.au Complaints & Reviews

Comments

29th of May, 2009

I have ordered from futurlec a few times and have had no problems. If the order was not shipped straight away it was due to the parts not being in stock. On the site it says the order is entered but not shipped. Once I was able to cancel those parts the order was sent. The problem however was that they didn't let me know if the parts were out of stock, I had to contact them, well, at least their Australian contact directly. At least they didn't charge my CC until after I had received the orders. I never had to pay anything until I had my stuff each time.

• Wo
      2nd of Feb, 2011

Very poor service from Futurlec, they don't respond to emails. I had to initiate a chargeback of $200 worth of parts they billed me for but never shipped. Could never get a response from anyone about it either.

• Ie
      4th of Mar, 2011

Futurlec are one of the worst businesses I have dealt with. My advice - go somewhere else! Their response times are pathetic. They (like a lot of Aus internet shops) advertise their products as being 'in stock' but fail to mention that this is in some obscure part of the world that is only serviced by two legged camels as the courier service. I will not shop EVER again with them. There are a couple of similar hardware suppliers in Western Australia - if you can get the gear from them - go with them as the service is typically two days to the other side of Australia. Brillian service. Futurlec - I cannot understand how they are still operating. A hundred thumbs down for them. Just Google futurlec forums - there are a lot of comlaints out there over many years.

• Di
      24th of May, 2011

While I understand "eliminating costs" and internet purchases, bank deposits and all that, what I don't like is to have a company with NO contact numbers...

Sometimes I just like to ring them - to sound them out and maybe do a sale over the phone... especially if they are unproven in terms of supply and delivery - in a timely manner.

• Di
      30th of May, 2011

Futurelec are ###. Period.

Purchased a heap of gear - but the purchase to account establishment process, is poorly mapped out in advance.. double wepaged to establish an account while my order was held with another page... billed twice $4 delivery of no goods.

The email address of the webmaster doesn't work.

Forgot my password - NO way to retrieve it.

The ###ing company has NO phone numbers,

They DO NOT respond to any emails, like can you help me with my password, account access, changing my order.

It's very frustrating to send a number of emails into oblivion with NO effort byt them to even reply. A whole week and like 10 emails - nothing has been done, replied, the order has not arrived...

Granted that I live in a kind of remote location - but RS Electronics had the order here in 2 days...

The folks in Futurelec do NOTHING.
    No phone numbers to call - it's PISS POOR service.

• Pa
      5th of Mar, 2015

I don't agree that Futurlec has poor customer service.
    They have not any customer service at all.
    They state that components in stock but in fact it is not true. They will return bigger part of your money back after 1-2 months.
    It seems to me that they are using our money to make deposit and get a bank interest on it.
    So, if you would like to credit them, waste your time and your money then just make choice to Futurlec company.

16th of Apr, 2015

I live in the US and have ordered from Futurlec in the past (maybe 5 years ago). The prices and shipping were quite competitive.

I placed a simple order 6 weeks ago for heat shrink tubiing, ICs, and a magazine. My CC was charged immediately. No confirmation email. After a month I emailed and somebody called "Amp" responded to say that they were out of 40106 chips and that the chips were expected 6 Apr. Still no sign of the order. A couple of polite emails since have been ignored.

Fro a Quality Management System perspective (I'm a QMS auditor), Futurlec has serious problems. If you guys out in Oz don't mind ordering from the US, Jameco in California are excellent. For getting just about everything, Mouser and Digi-Key are brilliant. I've even order from RS in the UK with good results. I used to buy stuff from Dick Smith when I was visiting Sydney - the trouble is they are more like RadioShack and only carry a very limited range. Years ago, Maplin, in the UK, were awesome but they're going the way of RadioShack.

Has anyone in the Perth area tried visiting Futurlec? I imagine they are an order-taking portal with distributed suppliers.

I don't think I'll put myself through the aggravation of ordering through them in the future (unless I'm desperate!).

• Lo
      18th of May, 2015

Hey Guys, I agree with all the above comments, Futurlec are a "no-go".. they don't reply to emails. I placed an order about 2 months ago which has not arrived, but they were quick to take payment from my Visa account. One wonders if my paid for order will ever arrive and can I ever get my money back?
    Louis.

• Mo
      21st of May, 2017

@Louis Fossa I feel your pain!Total, ###-bag
    scammers'!

18th of May, 2015

I too ordered from Futurlec, they charged my CC quite happily and then... nothing. Over a month so far and my order is not shipped yet. Of course no respond what so ever. Recently I've requested to cancel my order and I'm hoping to get my money back. We'll see.

• Mo
      21st of May, 2017

I made an order 1 month ago!My stupid.These people are total frauds'.If they are a business, they are the worst one on planet earth! Like everyone else, the minute I ordered, I knew that I was in trouble.The order went through "strange", is the only way that I can put it!I get a letter showing my order and then I hear nothing for 1-2 weeks'.No way to contact these ####':absolutely no way!!! Then I get a letter that they don't have the 2-2N2646 unijuction transistors' in my order?They said I could get the rest of the order and get the UJTs' at a latter date, F-that, I will never order ### from these ###' again!Then a few days' later, they say my order is on the way, but that there is no tracking number!B.S.These people are totals scammers'.Do not, I repeat DO NOt Buy anything from them.You will more than likely never see your money, or the rare items' that they claim are in stock, but are not, again!P.S.I will be sure to let you know, if I ever recieve anything, but a hard-time, from these A-holes'! Charles R. Matthias!