Furniture Galore / Product quality and customer service

Victoria, Australia Review updated:

Customer service is ### and crap. They don't know how to talk to customers. Very disappointing with the way staff talk. Misleading information given to customers. Warranty is fake they don't cover anything. Customer service response you get after 3 weeks. Furniture galore should be shut down. Cheap products, bad quality product And The customer service is so bad that you don't feel like talking to anyone. I would never suggest anyone to buy any product from furniture galore as its not worth a $1 to spend on any of their products

Comments

• Mi
      11th of Aug, 2012

Shilpia first of all u give no specifics about the problem u had with furniture galore.
    Secondly, the way u speak in here only reflects how u would speak outside of here, so to say that the staff at furniture galore dont know how to speak to people is had to understand since ur written expressions are quite simply rude. Ive shopped there a number of times and found the staff are friendly and helpful and go above and beyond other retail outlets in the way they look after me and make me feel like im welcome. The products they sell arent top quality but they are great value for money. Ive had very little trouble at all with the furniture i purchased for my mother very recently. I spent $6000 there and the only problem i had was with a dressing table that had a small scratch on the mirror that was duscovered when unpacked at my mothers home. I reported it immediately and unfortunately for me there was no other stock left but i was able to keep it unti the new stock arrived 5 weeks later, when it was promptly changed over. It was no big deal. No fuss. I would shop there again without any concern. I think perhaps if u are courteous, patient and understanding u will achieve a more positive outcome. Just my opinion.

• Aj
      3rd of Feb, 2013

While I agree that attitude can make a huge difference in the service you receive, I must say my opinion of Furniture Galore (Hoppers Crossing) is very low too. It's no coincidence that in 6 months complaints about this company tripled, these figures were reiterated by the ACCC in parliament as being completely unacceptable. In 2011 they were forced to pay three fines of almost 20k each for misleading advertising. Not great. I had to fight tooth and nail to have broken furniture refunded, and only when I quoted my rights according to the ACCC did anyone start paying attention, albeit with total disdain towards me. I hate to be a painful customer, but it's not my fault the furniture was faulty! I'm amazed to hear the contrast between your story and others; I guess with the number of customers they have, someone has to be happy! And I'll admit not enough people post positive feedback online... Regardless, I have nothing positive to say of them - I'm off to find a quality furniture retailer that cares about service :)

• Mi
      20th of Mar, 2013

Hmmm...I did some research. I found that Harvey Norman and Super Amart have also been fined recently for the same thing. I think you'll find also, that the 3 fines paid by Furniture Galore were a TOTAL of almost $20, 000, not $20, 000 each. Still, I hope this isn't a continuing trend, no matter which retailer.