Freebee Gas / new information

I just saw a story on the news last night that the website and contact phone numbers for the company have been shut down. I called the FL attorney general's office, and they said to make a complaint in writing to:

or through regular mail:

Office of the State Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol P-01
Tallahassee, FL 32399

Also, you should contact the company that gave you the card in the first place- they are victims of the scam, too. From what I hear, some of them are making good on what was originally promised.

What I don't understand is, how can it be so hard to find the person or persons who started this scam and make them pay?? Surely there had to be an owner or corporation behind it. Hopefully the Attorney General's office will be able to take care of this.

D  23rd of Mar, 2009 by
I just tried to send an email to this address and it doesn't exist. This is a scam that everyone is trying to get answers to, the least you could do is give the correct information.
A  30th of Mar, 2009 by
My last two submissions of receipts to "Free Gas" in Largo, FL were returned by the post office stamped:
RETURN TO SENDER. REFUSED. UNABLE TO FORWARD. I had earlier reported them to
both the Florida Attorney General's Office and the AG in my own state (Kansas).
A  30th of Mar, 2009 by
Sorry, but I think the thumb icon is going the wrong way on my earlier email. My bad. Nancy
A  30th of Mar, 2009 by

On February 20, 2009, the court approved a Stipulated Order for Preliminary Injunction and Appointment of Receiver with regard to this action. A Receiver has been appointed whose job responsibilities include taking possession of all of the company's assets and providing reports to the court detailing the financial condition of the company.

On March 6, 2009, the Receiver submitted his initial report. Based upon preliminary estimates, it appears that the company's liabilities may exceed its assets by more than $10 million dollars.

Full details at the website above.
A  30th of Mar, 2009 by
3-30-09 recived no cards as of today please e-mail me the latest on Mrs. Clark and her business thanks Darrel At reedy@cyberback.com
N  11th of May, 2009 by
I just tried to send an email to the agmcollum@myfloridalegal.com That email was returned just as the ones to the free gas redemption center. Do you have any new information?
A  11th of May, 2009 by