FPL / customer relations

Miami, FL, United States Review updated:
Power Company Making Life/Death Decision

The customer service representative from their collection agency was very rude and unprofessional. They have no sympathy for a disabled person on oxygen. My nephew is trying is trying to ask President Bush and Congress to pass a new "bill"
stating electric companies can not disconnect to a person whose dependent on electrical machines for survival. If they disconnect I'll know have to go meet my maker. Does this country want to give the utility companies the power to make life and death decisions?

Comments

Ch
  14th of Jul, 2008
TWIMC,
The transformer blew and I was without power from early Friday AM to Saturday AM. I am not complaining about the time to repair the transformer. The problem is that my AC and some electrical devices were destroyed. FPL is responsible. It was FPL's transformer. I expect to be compensated for the damages. Please respond. Thank you.
Ei
  9th of Aug, 2008
I called fpl and told them i only get paid every 2 weeks. I got a final notice to turn off for 225 deposit to be paid by aug 8th..I called and said i dont get paid tile 15th..dont turn me off. I have a child in the apartment. They said you had ten days to pay and its 14 days. I said i was told ten days then 30 days. collections was rude and would not put a note that i dont get paid tile 15th...then had the nerve to call me the next day to remind me to pay...I gave them 180.00 45.00 short. They better not turn me off or i am going to fcc
Ka
  27th of Sep, 2008
we fell behind on our power bill and will be caught up by next fri. unfortunately fpl wants to disconnect this mon. i asked them for 72 hrs. and they said no. we have called several agencies as we have 2 sick babies and 2 other children in our home. i work full time and have a small disability income as i am an ovarian cancer patient. the agencies we called said that they only help people who want the money to keep from having their power turned off! we told them that we just need 3 x-tra days and will be able to bring our account to date-we dont want the $! Nothing anyone can do. i even wrote to the pcc, but that was before i found out about fpl contributing millions of dollars to these commisions-sounds like something else to me! as far as their customer svc, well i work in a bank and if i ever got caught treating any of our customers like they do, i would be fired on the spot! they need to change their customer "CARE" to something more appropriate as they certainly dont care!
Am
  19th of Jan, 2011
Listen to this guys. I am being wronged and after proving them of how my identity was stolen they added a balance of an unauthorized account into my balance. when i showed them the court rulling and the judge rulling in my favor they told me that they pretty much do not care and whatever they decide supersedes any lawmaker, judge, congress representative or federal or state governement official. When I asked for the number of cutomer relations they refused to and when insisted that it was my givene rightto ask for it they told me that the constitution and the law does not apply to FPL!!!is FPL a new Dictorship regime that lives in our country? and how come they are above the law and have more immunity than even the President of the United States?

Florida Power & Light [FPL] Logo Florida Power & Light [FPL]